Cables, Coffee, Cycles, and Cocktails

Tarheel

When I lived in Wisconsin, they had a contest to come up with a new slogan for their

License plate. It's been America's Dairyland for years. One of the entries was 'Come smell our dairy air'

I kinda liked it...

• Haha 5

5 hours ago, Marvel said:

When I lived in Wisconsin, they had a contest to come up with a new slogan for their

License plate. It's been America's Dairyland for years. One of the entries was 'Come smell our dairy air'

I kinda liked it...

I was all for "eat cheese or die."

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

Where is everybody? We're just winding down. Had a 1 1/2 hour flight from Coron back to Manila and a 2 1/2 hour drive to the house. I really hate Manila. Wife understands it more so she deals with it better.

• Like 4

Don't ask me cause I'm the one who wakes up @ 10.  Today it was 6:30.  Have to get a bit of stuff done shortly before it warms up.  Past few day were great temp wise but it's goin up the rest of the week pushin 90.  Fuel up, fill the gas cans for the mower, spray for some weeds poppin up on the patio pavers then mow.  Already hit the plants outside w/some water.  Breakfast can wait cause I wanna get a move on.  Take it easy.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Marvel said:

@Invidiosulus  Josh could verify this, but I think his mom took them to the Dairy Sciences place where you could get icecream..ice cream... with a very high content milkfat.

https://babcockdairystore.wisc.edu/

Their peaches and cream was my favorite.

I feel like we may have gone to a location at the student union but it’s been about 38 years so my memory is a little fuzzy.

• Like 2

I took a ride north yesterday. Made a good loop around, it was close to 200 mi from Charlotte to Elon to Lenoir to Statesville then back.

All that paying attention to everything around the whole time I realized I was tired when I got back here.

Nothing new and stuff that was active yesterday morning was contingent when I was at their office. Yeah right! Think it might not have been in the cards for me. Another day and maybe I'll be better prepared after my appointment tomorrow a.m. 😀

But then Dr. Freddy Krueger after lunch I'm sure will slice and dice again. I've got to tell him my new nickname for him. I think he'll get a laugh out of it. He does know I like that cancer gone, so if it's uglier for a few days it's good in the long run.

• Like 4

Looks like some rain tomorrow evening around here but then right back up into the low 90's  give or take 5 degrees.  Youngest daughter was even whining a bit the other day about the Phoenix temps.  Guess they're baking bread in the mailboxes.  Throw it in, close the door and it's done in 4 hours.    :)    

I´am feeling a bit better, can sleep almost pain-free again and am slowly recovering from the last 2 weeks of agony. Now I get physiotherapeutic treatments and my doctor has decided that I should do a rehab to get back on my feet, after all, I do not want to go into early retirement but still a few years of active work.

An early retirement would be my downfall, for that love the active life too much. So it goes slowly uphill again ☺️  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

Glad it's getting better @MicroMara, My first biopsy was a BCC or it was benign. Dr. Freddy cut a bigger hole in the other arm today. That one and one more went to get tested today.

Oh and the morning didn't go as planned and if Wells Fargo can't get it going by lunch tomorrow I'll use the brokers at the realtors town. Got their names and numbers already.

• Like 2