Cables, Coffee, Cycles, and Cocktails

Tarheel

Tucson broke its over 100` streak at 53 days in a row. Big whoop. It will be back to 100` tomorrow

we got a smattering of rain. Enough to drop temps into the comfort range [before 4 AM].

I've been kinda quiet lately because... well, you don't wanna know. I am going to make a Dr appt, just to vent. Oh I'm OK, give or take possible c19.  

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Crazy!   Mike's setting the youngest up w/all my photo gear.  He's gonna preach & teach!  I kind of think she's got her work cut out for her hangin with him and the other guy I hooked her up with.  Just for you @grasshopper "almost live" from the land of cactus.  😂

Mike Olbinski  July 29th in Tucson was an amazing evening with a lightning bonanza for nearly an hour. At one point I had a camera aimed at this spot and it went absolutely bonkers. This is 12.5 minutes of time, 35 different images with around 76 bolts that I counted. That is a rate of six strikes per minute. So thrilling to watch this with my workshop guests! I don't do many stacks, but I had to in this case!

Canon R5 + RF 100-500mm
May be an image of lightning and fireworksTo

Wild for sure out your way Bill.

• Like 3

20 hours ago, grasshopper said:

Oh I'm OK, give or take possible c19. 

Oh... our cats have ear mites. We have the remedy from the vet ...

0.1ml ivermectin in each ear. 

I had to chuckle. Guess the cats won't catch something from me.

we get some really good lightning shows. These storms are small, compared to the midwest's black wall of death. Not saying they aren't violent... just small. There is some space between the cells.

• Like 1

All quiet here in Duckburg.  Temps in the low to mid 80's.  Got a call from my landscaper yesterday and she picked up my Kousa Dogwood tree to tuck in the back yard blockin my view of the neighbor's house.  Nothin worse than workin in the kitched lookin out the window seeing that.  Time for camouflage and concealment!

How ya hangin out there in the land of cactus @grasshopper?  Cats HAVE to be done diggin if you treated them w/that stuff undiluted.  lol  

• Like 1

Kickin' back on a Saturday afternoon... Just got the results of a PSA test yesterday.

< 0.008

Can't get any better than that, and I don't glow in the dark. Feeling quite relieved. Meet with urologist a week from Monday and radiation oncologist next month.

Before you tell me the Guinness here in a bottle isn't the same as in Ireland, I've tipped some pints in Limerick and Dublin... this is Okay.

20230812_170852~2.jpg

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

43 minutes ago, Marvel said:

Kickin' back on a Saturday afternoon... Just got the results of a PSA test yesterday.

< 0.008

Can't get any better than that, and I don't glow in the dark. Feeling quite relieved. Meet with urologist a week from Monday and radiation oncologist next month.

Before you tell me the Guinness here in a bottle isn't the same as in Ireland, I've tipped some pints in Limerick and Dublin... this is Okey.

20230812_170852~2.jpg

Fantastic news !!!

I have 5 friends who have been thru this problem They are all still ticking So it could be something worse .If this makes sense

• Like 5

We had a pretty rowdy thunderstorm blow through this afternoon.

By this evening the clouds were ready to make a beautiful sunset.

Also, apparently standing on the sidewalk on the bridge was suspicious looking because somebody called the police on me.

IMG_1138.jpeg.ae461efcc0be65567cb2efdff4f32402.jpeg

• Haha 1
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 2

our vet and family have been asking me to come to church. Their son-in-law is the pastor.... a Baptist church.

a couple weeks ago, wife went to a prayer meeting [a side shoot of the crap you don't want to know about]... I dropped her off at the meeting and had come back to pick her up. Figuring the meeting was over and fellowship was happening, I went in to let her know I was there.  Well, the meeting wasn't over and I was ushered into the chapel for the end of the meeting ... in my sarong.

my guess is that word got around of it. The other day, I went into the store. The boss was tending the cash register... he greeted me with "The legend is here"...

• Haha 3

3 minutes ago, grasshopper said:

he greeted me with "The legend is here"...

Rut roh the words out.  There goes your cover!

14 hours ago, Invidiosulus said:

Also, apparently standing on the sidewalk on the bridge was suspicious looking because somebody called the police on me.

It HAD to be somebody that was OLD who saw you...  Kinda maybe.  😂

:)

• Haha 4

21 minutes ago, grasshopper said:

oh...

I'm getting posts [fb] about an upcoming class reunion...

.... and sharp dressed men things

they are so not ready for me....

not that I plan on attending....

Never went to a single one ..

What do I care ??

If we were good friends

We woulda been in contact for all these years. 🙄

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1