Cables, Coffee, Cycles, and Cocktails

Tarheel

Hello Dave we hadn't hit the '80s at the bottom of the 10:00 hour a while ago. Another cool front for us including the highs in the mid-90s!

Yard work jeez it's been a while kind of miss it, need to line some up.

Did get the bugs off of the windshield The mirrors and the front of the brick this morning.

Right now I'm in the middle of another MOHS procedure looks like only two rounds for today yay!

• Like 2

@JohnJ just bring your A game cause the leaves are gonna be droppin soon.  You can have unlimited yard work and I'll keep you in coffee as I sit there laffin @ you!  :)  

Mowing's done and I'm getting tired of eating corn and maters.  Gonna venture out and nose.  Couple decent places around town that aren't drive-thru garbage.  Good luck today on the housing issue.  Crazy.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

been outside... done my chores

at least that's what the wife thinks...."chores" LOL

I prowl through the garden and make sure the cat's water is fresh. 

Getting to where I need to "suit up". Mozzies. They won't last long. Things will dry up.

... side note

if, when, you are swatting at mosquitoes barehanded... your hands being wet dramatically increases the kill ratio. Their wings catch on the water ...

• Thanks 2

1 hour ago, grasshopper said:

... which is one good reason to leave a cup of day old coffee for me to drink when I get up.

I won't have the patience to make fresh w/o it

I've been recycling left over  coffee to ice coffee or with ice cream for a milkshake after I get home from work can't be wasting coffee 

• Like 3

On 9/5/2023 at 11:20 AM, Dave1291 said:

@JohnJ just bring your A game cause the leaves are gonna be droppin soon.  You can have unlimited yard work and I'll keep you in coffee as I sit there laffin @ you!  :)  

Mowing's done and I'm getting tired of eating corn and maters.  Gonna venture out and nose.  Couple decent places around town that aren't drive-thru garbage.  Good luck today on the housing issue.  Crazy.  

I mow my Leaves... To many, and too large ..Linden Trees

• Like 3

2 hours ago, the real Duke Spinner said:

I mow my Leaves... To many, and too large ..Linden Trees

Two 40' Oaks next door in the backyard, 2 Maples out front South of me.  Nine 40-50' Oaks and a 40' Ash to the West directly across the street.  My pour lil 40' Honey Locust w/those lil tiny leaves is cake compared to the rest of em.  Oaks just don't disintegrate so I'm screwed totally.  Winds outta the West and SouthWest alllll day long.  I know.  Sucks to be me.

• Like 2

It was a warm day in the mountains.

I had to run down to Asheville this morning to check out the display and speakers in the conference room at the office we have near the hospital.

Easy enough, it’s only about an hour down the road from the house.

On my way there, the boss calls and lets me know we are still having internet issues at another office down in Webster.

I call some staff in Webster and talk them through rebooting the equipment, it doesn’t come back online.

I call the ISP, “oh yeah we are having a big outage right now.”

Okay, I finish up in Asheville and go to lunch.

The ISP emails back, “our stuff is up but we aren’t seeing anything on your side after we hand off port1”.

Easy enough, it’s only an hour down the road from the Asheville office.

I get there and walk in and immediately notice the patch cable in port1 on the ISP’s router is not plugged in all the way.

(CLICK)

Everything comes back up.

Apparently the staff on site last night let the kids in the closet by themselves to grab a broom to sweep up after their group session.

I gently express my displeasure at letting the kids near the network equipment with the staff member who just walked in.

I lock the closet door and head out to my burb to drive home.

Easy enough, it’s only two hours down the road from the Webster office.

I get home and crank these bad boys up and start thinking about buying a detail sander so I can refinish the cabs.IMG_1310.thumb.jpeg.9498e81b51643a01701b9de21dd426eb.jpeg

• Like 6

31 minutes ago, grasshopper said:

I'm not to sharp with electronics.... but, my troubleshooting starts with 1] Is it plugged in? ... 2] Is it turned on?

It’s a great place to start but there is only so much if that I can do over the phone and via FaceTime with some non technical staff

• Like 2

On 9/6/2023 at 9:13 PM, grasshopper said:

I'm not to sharp with electronics.... but, my troubleshooting starts with 1] Is it plugged in? ... 2] Is it turned on?

Been there and still there.    It's phone a kid around here.  I get laffed at by either.  The youngest in Phoenix is the worst.  Sent her a new 50$ Nikon camera strap to replace my old one.  She had some lil flowery cheapo picked out for 15$ somewhere.  Seriously? 

So I get the email it had been delivered. Txt'd her and asked.  I got a do you have a tracking number?  Seriously?  So I had to dig up the pic I took of the tracking number I'd already sent her on my phone.  THEN I had to figure out how to copy and paste that AGAIN in a msg.  Yea, she's teachin alright.  Two minutes later I get a pic of the new strap installed and hangin around her neck.  SO to get even I started in on her about how the strap buckles weren't even on either side of the camera body and a few other things I noticed.  Bwa ha ha.  :)

Being the nice guy I am, today I transferred 200 into her account sent her a txt msg and told her to buy some film and impress me.  Nope doesn't want digital for some reason.  I think she thinks she's gonna out shoot me, which ain't gonna happen but maybe.  Kids! 

Today, I take the oldest out for lunch.  I'm telling her the story and she starts laffin at me.  The youngest had already called her last night and told her.  Yea, once again, they were laffin @ me.  Grrrrrr.  I feel your pain @grasshopper.  lol  

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

hi-there-wave.gif.eb247ebe911ca87153ca5bba5a8561e8.gif

Just a quick chim´in to say Hello again. I´m back from my rehab and my body constitution is better now, but far away from beeing 100% healthy again. This may never will happen because my body has already exceeded its working life capacity. But I do not want to complain. So...see you soon again !

• Like 1
  • Thanks 5