Cables, Coffee, Cycles, and Cocktails

Tarheel

18 hours ago, grasshopper said:

nothing to do with anything ...

Watching AZ vs Phillie baseball

bottom of the 3rd ends ...the/an umpire checks AZ's pitcher's hands. Do they do this routinely?

------------------------

in case you didn't know

Perry Mason marries Della Street.

1936 -  Case of the Velvet Claws

now ya know

Watching paint dry is more fun !

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

20 hours ago, grasshopper said:

nothing to do with anything ...

Watching AZ vs Phillie baseball

bottom of the 3rd ends ...the/an umpire checks AZ's pitcher's hands. Do they do this routinely?

------------------------

in case you didn't know

Perry Mason marries Della Street.

1936 -  Case of the Velvet Claws

now ya know

Routine now, part of the rules.  End of every inning.

• Thanks 2

Was at a hotel pool in Fort Myers, Florida back in the day and went to take a leak.  I came back and there was this older woman sittin in the sun and waived me to come over so I did. 

She asked if I just went to the bathroom and I said yup.  THEN she asked if I washed my hands after and I had so told her yea.  THEN she wanted to smell them to confirm it so I stuck my hands out and she smelled them.  She said good and that was it. 

Wanna talk about a WTF moment?  Would she still have wanted to smell them if I said I hadn't?  Maybe she had a ruler stashed somewhere? I'm STILL clueless!

I asked the bartender if he knew her and he said she was from Toronto and there all winter.  Told him the story and he said he didn't know anything.

Maybe that was part of HER rules.  I dunno but I've always wondered why.  Maybe a rock n roll fantasy?  Crazy ppl out there! 

@oldtimer got any input on that oh worldly one?  :)

• Haha 5

Pullin out all the stops this year again huh?  No waiting  is ALWAYS a good thing.

When the Bratwurst Festival started 50 years ago they'd have about 15 lined up on the tree lawn at the Elks where the beer garden was.  Whoever owned them had those twist lock hasps on the outside of the door.  Guess they'd lock them up so ppl didn't use them wherever they came from.

Let the fun begin!  Closed the hasp and twisted the other part of it mounted on the pot so no one could get out.  Then it went to another level.  Someone you didn't like went in and you'd lock him in and leave him there yellin for someone to let him out.  Next step we'd get it rockin, tip it over and beat feet leavin him in there.  :) 

Didn't take 'em long to post a rent-a-cop guardin the place.  Just make sure it doesn't have a hasp on it before you go in.  Ya never know!

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, grasshopper said:

we're in a seasonal change

armed drunk season .... that's kinda a year round thing here. The locals have company...

the "hunt" is on. if it flies or runs... it liable to get shot. dove, quail, waterfowl, Cous [whitetail sub-species] deer, mule deer, javelina

A friend paints his Cows with floursecrent orange

• Haha 3

typicall autumn weather here ...rainy in the morning , at noon , at afternoon , early evening, late evening and at night ..24/7 , 50 F max , relaxin in my new apartment , beeing busi with some design works , installed a induction stove and an oven in the kitchen today so I´m able to start cooking soon . My lawyer  has initiated everything for the separation year and sent by mail to my "still" wife, she will turn green when she reads this, it is quiet sad that this marriage will end like this , but there isn´t any other option for me . 

• Sad 3

12 hours ago, grasshopper said:

realistically speaking, it is good for us. A lot of money gets spent here. Very busy time for the local merchants and the bar.

remember me posting about an extra portapotty  at the merchantile through the hunting season?....

Where You be Hopper ??

I  not far from ADK One time s friend and I were scaring ourselves driving on Power Line Trails

We saw a guy empty 5 rounds to s snowbank

Stoped and ask what he shot. 🙄

Answer:

Brother in Law loaded it on Brooklyn for him

Did not want to bring home loaded. 😀😀😀😀😀😀😀🙂🙂

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

13 hours ago, the real Duke Spinner said:

Where You be Hopper ??

southwest of Tucson ... about 10 miles from the border

-------------------------

readied the woodstove for its first fire of the season. Mid 40's is OK in the AM. It been around 85` in the afternoon. "Passive" solar warms the house and we close it up when temp out is cooler than in.

• Like 2

Mid-week here in Duckburg they're talking mid-20's?  What evah. 

Guess today the munchkins are gonna be out beggin for candy from 2-4PM.  Glad the oldest told me about it 5 minutes ago.  lol  Guess I'm hiding out again this year.  :)  To think I almost replaced the doorbell when I painted a couple years ago.  It just goes clunk when it rings.  😂  Gotta have a crypto-clearance to get into this place. 

Don''t want the kids to get worms from that year old candy they sell at high dollar this time of the year.    😂

The best one ever was when the preggo woman stopped w/her litter and asked me for candy one year.  She was getting candy for the baby is what she told me. 

Zero clue where she was from.  

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

@Invidiosulus looks like a good time.  Couple bands came into town last night and played.  The largest place in Duckburg was doing a 300, 200 and 100 cash payout to the best dressed.  They had a great band coming in too.  They had the kitchen open all night so who knows what happened. 

Cops prolly had a feeding frenzy after though.  City cops don't do much unless someone is obviously trashed so now it's left up to the Troopers who take no prisoners.  They flip, follow and pull ya over for a sobriety test just for giggles.  Being a District HQ's  it's cake for them.  Ya pass walkin the line then they load ya up and take ya out to their new 6 mil facility, hit ya w/the pee test send it off and see ya in court a couple weeks later for the hangin.   

Welcome to Ohio "The heart of it all."    Crazy!  :)

• Like 3

Geeze @Dave1291 do they not know Halloween immediately proceeds All Saints Day?

I know some folks can't get to their grandparents house on Christmas morning and have done it Christmas Eve or later for the kids so I guess this is the same deal.

But darn it. I didn't get two or three Halloweens when I was a kid. We were resourceful with king size pillowcases and covering literally probably a three square mile area from dark until midnight ! Did have a cavity twice back then!

• Like 3

I might be spending some time in the doghouse tonight.

there will be an estrogen overload in the house. Wife, SIL and "my other wife"/wife's secretary....

I'll record the game and speedwatch it later. 

My humor is wearing a little thin with the  current wave of phone solicitation. For the past week, only on weekdays, I have gotten a solicitor from "Eldercare" at 5 AM. 

It seem [to me] that controlling robocalls would be a fairly simple thing.... except the phone companies is in business to lease lines, no matter the use.  

I'll stop the rant here.

coffee didn't get cold this AM. I lit the stove.

The cats are angling for position in front of it... w/o disturbing Stumpy, the senior and alpha. All he has to do to get them moving is to give them "the look".

• Like 3

My internet is quiet slow , can use my laptop with the mobile hot spot from my smartphone only . Needs to much time till threads loading it´s content. It´s time to take care of this issue soon , have an Idea and will solve this problem a.s.a.p. We had returned our clock´s last weekend by one hour, now we´re back in our regular c.e.t. , even it´s only one hour , waking up earlier and going to sleep earlier as well . Body and mind needs two or three days to be familliar with the change of time. How many different time zones do you have in the states ? 

• Like 4