Cables, Coffee, Cycles, and Cocktails

Tarheel

Believe it might take a few months considering the direction my bank account is going. I'll have to start another thread until I bring in my coffee table.

Maybe the pics I saved on the PC of behind my rig will help me wire it up again after all this time.

Then decide if I'll keep those pricey fifths? Or gauge the demand... especially for the Jr #16. Just opened the regular stuff so far.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, grasshopper said:

Last week turned busy on me....

I'm resting on my laurels [if that is what you call where you sit]. Enjoying the last 80` day of the year. 

wife said she was going to call and see what her sister was doing.

"I bet you won't know after you talk to her"....

me and my mouth. I can't take me anywhere

56 minutes ago, JohnJ said:

Funny!!

I've seen it happen several times after a 180 minute phone call. You just made the all too easy mistake of saying what you should have kept inside out loud. Ha!

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, Tarheel said:

So cold here (35 degrees) the thermometer asked to come inside to warm up!

Left it outside didn't ya?  Bah Humbug!  Meanie!  :)

The grass is white here this morning.  Not much accumulation, just white.  A balmy 26 the puter says.  lol  

Oldest borrowed my car over the weekend since her SUV was making funny noises somewhere in the back end.  Fast forward to 1PM yesterday and a call wondering what was going on with it.  Basically nothing they were waiting on a friend to take a look at it and he was busy for most of the week.  Seriously?  I'm grounded?  lol

Made a call to my pit crew after and they said they'd try to work it in for me so maybe Tuesday.  Picked her up and dropped hers off.  1:45 they called and said it was a rear wheel bearing.  Walked out to the garage and got into my "retirement" box of tapered roller bearings and took them one and hung out shootin the bull.  Yup, replaced Japanese junk.  Went to pick her up so they dumped the oil & filters. She picked the grands up from school @3.

Not a bad day and the kid is still wondering how I pulled it off for $100.  😂   Welcome to Duckburg kiddo and you're learnin.  :)

• Like 5

I see that little bit of snow they were calling for here a few days ago. Looks like it went south! It's not too bad here. It did make it to 40 today. The gusts of 45 mph with constant 30 mph for a couple days is over. So many limbs, branches, bowels of trees to pick up that it can wait until spring .

My appliance delivery is complicated due to the season. So I went out and did laundry came back after finding my post office because my Amazon stuff was being held there. I learned that the USPS postal delivery people here have to drive their own cars so my stuff didn't get delivered. I had to go pick it up!

Best thing about today is I dumped the bad grocery store beans out of my grinder. Put good beans in and made good coffee for the first time since the end of June!

That's my story and I'm sticking to it:D

• Like 2

And good that it is. Days after Christmas can be awful for just going to the grocery store on the corner. I've got the opposite going on lined up with the deal for a truck. I'm driving the 400 mile round trip to get my stuff out of the storage bin next Tuesday loading it driving back and unloading it. I got the truck for 2 days. In case it takes me longer than expected, they'll refund me if I get it back early. That's right nice of 'em!

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

On 12/19/2023 at 9:26 PM, JohnJ said:

And good that it is. Days after Christmas can be awful for just going to the grocery store on the corner. I've got the opposite going on lined up with the deal for a truck. I'm driving the 400 mile round trip to get my stuff out of the storage bin next Tuesday loading it driving back and unloading it. I got the truck for 2 days. In case it takes me longer than expected, they'll refund me if I get it back early. That's right nice of 'em!

I do remember something simmilar in the 1990 tess, I moved into a new flat and spent all days before christmas till after new year with renovation works in the new apartment. But it doesn´t scared me at all , I had fun ! 

• Like 3

So... I took the pic of the window in a church in Manila, on the first trip I took there in early 2007. I added the text to use for Christmas cards the next year.

If I'm not on here before Christmas, everyone have a Merry and Blessed Christmas!

San_Sebastian_nativity_blue2~2.jpg

• Like 5
  • Thanks 4