Cables, Coffee, Cycles, and Cocktails

Tarheel

Hasn't been too bad here the past few days.  Sure it's cold but minimal snow so far..  Today it's rain all day and 59 outside.  Tomorrow it's 30-50mph wind gusts.  The thing I'm trying to figure out is WHY quite a few schools in the area had a 2-hour delay or used a snow day to cancel school.  It's done nothing but rain.  Who knows what's gonna shake out.  I'm holed up and could care less.

All quiet in the hood today.   Guess some farmer found a female body about 200 yards from the highway bobbin for apples in a drainage ditch yesterday near here.  How she got from TN up here remains to be seen.  Anyone missing down your way guys?   

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, the real Duke Spinner said:

Waaaay O/Y hete

But Let me ask

An acquaintance has a missing husband'

I provided the family with someone Slot Of at Track and stuff for the Holiday But There is not enough to put together a working Set Up.i wild he happy to purchase any Aurora AF/X items that You may have Regards

I don’t think whatever you’re smoking has been legalized yet.

• Haha 2

God has spoken.  :)

"With the new NIL and pay for play and Michigan cheating it's way to a title.  No sort of rules for the game we love.  College football ain't what it used to be.  Time to hang the cleats up."

Saban out.

Roll Tide"

Now where did I put my coffee?  :)

• Sad 1

I know Dave. It's sad your favorite whipping boy is gone. But look at it this way. You can rag on Dabo all year round now. Maybe the Tigers will be good again next year.

• Haha 1

@dtel I noticed on the second day of that deluge that the creek down below on my property is from two that merge. Was listening for that tell-tale roar of a flash flood but it will stay in my memories for longer.

Been busy tearing up flooring... it was easy until the smaller last room. Each board was cut so it was flush with the wall, under the baseboards. Pulled the quarter round but not the baseboard. Had to use a hammer and a persuader on each one. Ready for the next delivery now!

PXL-20240111-182629095.jpg

• Like 3
  • Sad 1

My phone won't let me put one pic after another. It only lets me put the pic before the first one.

This is the delivery. I've seen a picture of it installed just a few months ago. There is not as much of that lighter color in this stuff.

Inspire-Dakota-Swatch.jpg

• Like 3

• Moderators

Nice looking color, looks good.

We got 3.5 inches here but no flooding that I know of. The wind was kind of crazy from different directions.  The are saying 15-18 degrees at night here next week, that will easily be the coldest we got this year so far.

• Like 2

@JohnJ I hate to be the one to break it to you but Dabo's jet landed in Tuscaloosa this afternoon.  Yup, no foolin!  :)

I'll agree w/ya @dtel just enough lighter boards to show the dirt.   😂

Duckburg is warmin up a bit tomorrow then  the wind begins and things are heading DOWN after that.  Talked to a retired buddy this evening who lives up on Lake Erie and now runs a charter service.  He said they're calling for 20' waves up there, which will be nuts.  Minus 2 on Tuesday night here "they" say.  Think I'll fire up the blower tomorrow morning just to see if it'll run.  Ya never know.  :)

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Well @Dave1291 I was just cruising the www after getting up then getting back in bed because it's chilly.

Yea, I read it at Shakin' the Southland, know that's where Swinney is from...

He hasn't been able to cope well after losing his other coaches a couple years ago .

The young loud ones might get what they want down there in that swamp. They never slowed down enough to consider the context of what was happening just whose face was at the forefront.

I'll just leave this right here. I saw it a few days ago.

RIP Mr. Soul

rmsothebys.webp

• Like 4

Nice ride right there.  Saw in the obits last week an old friend passed and he had the rides.  Couple old Caddy convertibles, a mint old Ford w/the retractable roof all stashed in his garage.  He RARELY drove any of them but he took great care of them all.  Just local parades and whenever he wanted to take a cruise with his wife.  She passed a couple years ago and now him.  His daughter is keeping them all.  Screwed again.  lol  Have to dig some pics out sometime.

High winds today from 4-9 PM.  Gusts to 65 mph.  It's marchin thru.  30 Saturday, 17 Sunday and 19 on Monday.  Windy for sure with thunder storms and some snow around here it looks like.  Guess I can thank @grasshopper for this one.  He said it was heading this way.  Power company must be steppin their game up since I woke up to a text msg about how they're here for us.  😂 That lasted a nano second.  😂

Gonna be a good day in Duckburg.  My ear itched so I stuck a Q-Tip in but forgot my hearing aids were in.  Carry on!  :)

• Like 1