Cables, Coffee, Cycles, and Cocktails

Tarheel

On 2/29/2024 at 5:16 AM, MicroMara said:

I arrived safely yesterday, the clinic is located in a noble hotel from the 18th century that was completely renovated in 2017, it is beautiful.

The doctors and nursing team are very competent and friendly. My room is very large, nicely furnished and has a large balcony facing the sunny side. The food is okay so far, it's just the typical canteen kitchen food.

The medical diagnosis took place yesterday and a rehab plan was drawn up for me which will now accompany me for the next 3 weeks. Whether this will lead to the desired success will become clear in the coming weeks.

The weather is sunny but cold.

Bad-Eilsen_Hotel-Frstenhof.thumb.jpg.09f4ff41ea099cdd1a43d01433307912.jpg

• Like 3

On 3/1/2024 at 2:30 AM, rplace said:

For all of you whom enjoy the 2nd* most import C in the threads title.

image.thumb.png.9b14f3729280edd4af763750bb948f92.png

https://justcoffee.coop/collections/all-coffees

That is a pretty good deal. Typically the best they do is 20% off sometimes 25 off selected items. No affiliation,  just a satisfied customer.

Enjoy! 

* Obviously Cocktails is #1 and Eff that 3rd one unless you are pedaling it!

I built a roaster and roast my own coffee 

Then brew on my prosumer machine setup 

• Like 5

37 minutes ago, JohnJ said:

@geezin'

Think I looked at that dot to your left at one point last fall!

B)

It was beautiful but they make you pay for the highways... what... four different ways?

Oops that's WV

You mean the farm above me on the mountain? His family used to own most of the land around here. He seems unhappy about that.

• Like 2

The "lot" pictures looked a lot like that where I was looking.

Well he can't change what they did in the past either!

From NC, TN, GA, VA, KY, WV. Either trees or rocks, I don't have evergreens to speak of now, hope I can remedy that this autumn.

• Like 1

Heya @billybob what's goin on down your way in the everglades That endangered American crock chompin on another American?  You ain't got them trained yet?  Better gitr w/the program!  lolol   Sounded like it was just a lil nibble though.  :)

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Tree pollen?  That stuff can be nasty.  Duckburg's park is almost surrounded by a woods and meandering river.  In May, the cottonwood trees start and it's snowing cotton.  Never bothered me before and I lived in that place as a kid playing tennis, shootin hoops and ballin.  Today?  I avoid it like the plague.  

Weather is finally starting to break a bit.  60's or so most of the week with a bit of rain  maybe.  Now the summer traffic to Lake Erie begins.  It's a hoot watchin the junk ppl shuttle back and forth.  Saw a pickup full following a newer Volvo with a queen mattress roped to the top.  The box springs were in the pickup full of junk.  Only 60 miles to get there from here.  "Yup, we got us a house/cabin up on the lake and spend every weekend there in the summer.  We just can't afford to heat it during the winter so me migrate every year."   😂

That's enough.  Back to the coffee and a bit of scrollin.  :)

• Like 2

I've always had "seasonal allergies" which I understand is just issues with the environment... or what's in the air.

Not sure if that darned ragweed is up here, but I'm sure something will tweak my sinus.

Took another turn with the stones, ejected more. Less to deal with later on I guess.

@geezin' I always like the smell of Spruce Christmas Trees, they were the best for that!

• Like 2

Been a very dry winter here. We so hope the 'fire' season is a quiet one, but 'things' do not look very good this year.. Another gorgeous day. Early spring showers with sun breaks.

_05A6696c2.jpg

• Like 3
  • Thanks 3

43 minutes ago, Mikekid said:

Been a very dry winter here. We so hope the 'fire' season is a quiet one, but 'things' do not look very good this year.. Another gorgeous day. Early spring showers with sun breaks.

_05A6696c2.jpg

• Like 4

Today it's looking a bit more like spring here in Duckburg but the curmudgeon almost surfaced last evening w/the neighbor kid.  Spring training started next door and naturally migrated to my back yard.  The wiffle ball rule has evolved into a silver duck taped ball.    Gonna hit 70 today so it'll prolly be time for the 10 year old to break out his bow w/real arrows next.  Imma dead man.  :)

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Sad 1

Time flies by very quickly, now the last week of my rehab is already beginning. In addition to swimming, I often go to the gym or do back exercises. Of the passive treatments, I like the electro-interference diadynamic treatment, the hydro-jet massage in the waterbed and the mud baths the best. I'm going to enjoy the next week, but I'm looking forward to coming home again soon.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2