Cables, Coffee, Cycles, and Cocktails

Tarheel

Well it's about time for you to get a break in the temperature.

Some rain to fill up the reservoirs would be nice.

We are back to typical summer days here, starting today.

However the weatherman is saying that another "polar front" may be on its way next week. The last front put our morning temps in the mid 60's for a week.

• Moderators
I was able to get the seeds planted that Dtel sent, some seem to be molding so we will see what happens.

I didn't want a ton more plants so I only started 6 seeds. As of this morning, 5 had sprouted.

Just so you know the size, the picture of the basket of fire plant had 2 plants in the pot. So even 6 would be fine, it would be full a little quicker and just grow together.

• Moderators
However the weatherman is saying that another "polar front" may be on its way next week. The last front put our morning temps in the mid 60's for a week.

I hope he's right, it was much nicer for the last one, one morning it was even a little cool.

Just so you know the size, the picture of the basket of fire plant had 2 plants in the pot. So even 6 would be fine, it would be full a little quicker and just grow together.

I start mine in those little peat pellets. One seed per pellet. They're all separate so I can put as many or few per pot as I want.

A rainy, rainy Monday here. Wish I could share it with you guys that are so dry. Our runoff goes down to the creek 400 feet away and then to the Intracoastal Water Way.

Good day for a movie, music, or wrestling with the neighbors daughter :emotion-25:

Cheers :emotion-44: Gents

• Like 5

I start mine in those little peat pellets. One seed per pellet. They're all separate so I can put as many or few per pot as I want.

I was thinking of doing that I still might. You can keep them in a damp paper towel, content light and keep warm. Then move to a pot once they sprout.

Then move to a pot once they sprout.

I've done that in the past but usually end up destroying them in the process. The peat is easy as you can just pick it up and plop the whole thing in the dirt without disturbing the plant. It will grow right through it into the dirt.

• Moderators
Front yard now.......

That's what our side yard looked like yesterday, it drains into the pond in the back yard. Must be the same rain that's in your area today, sunny and hot here today.

• Like 2

• Moderators
Then move to a pot once they sprout.

I've done that in the past but usually end up destroying them in the process. The peat is easy as you can just pick it up and plop the whole thing in the dirt without disturbing the plant. It will grow right through it into the dirt.

Man those seeds must think they moved uptown, I usually just stick the seeds in the pot and water with the rest of the plants.

When I start them really early in the year they are slow, until it gets warmer, they seem to love the heat and full sun, the warmer it gets the faster they seem to grow. They seem to like fertilizer also, I use the same thing I fertilize everything else around here 8-8-8 or 13-13-13, only because we get it in 50 pound bags but any fertilizer will work I would imagine.

Edited by dtel
  • Like 1

I usually just stick the seeds in the pot and water with the rest of the plants.

That's probably the best way. The nice thing about the peat pellets is that you can start them in the house when it's too cold outside to do it there. I just got used to doing it that way.

• Like 3

I usually just stick the seeds in the pot and water with the rest of the plants.

That's probably the best way. The nice thing about the peat pellets is that you can start them in the house when it's too cold outside to do it there. I just got used to doing it that way.

I used peat pellets to start some seeds I had back in high school, then my mom caught on and threw them out. :wacko:

• Like 3

• Moderators

I used peat pellets to start some seeds I had back in high school, then my mom caught on and threw them out. :wacko:

Bad Duder, bad :angry:

• Like 2