Cables, Coffee, Cycles, and Cocktails

Tarheel

Has anyone heard from Elden lately? I'm getting a little worried…ok, i've been worried about him since i joined this madness. Elden…if you're out there…have fun; but, i don't want to see you on an episode of Moonshiners, and come back with all your teeth. why did i say that?

Steve

Edited by BigStewMan
  • Like 1

• Moderators

Don't worry if you see me on Tv the odds are it would be the news for something stupid I did.

Teeth I am missing enough already, can't afford to lose any more. Although for a bucket of cash the nice dentist gave me some new ones, he wanted to pull them all and replace, I'm not into pain so I just replaced the two I broke off.

Leaving in the AM, wife packing now, my job is to grab the camera bag/tripod and get in the car when she is ready. We will have fun, we have no idea what were going to do but it doesn't make a difference really. :huh2:

• Like 2

Up since 3:30 restless...sheets in disarray.....Buffett's Coast Of Carolina lyrics playing in my head. Coffee finished so maybe a second brewing. Jake fed and has gone back to bed.

What plans do my coffee klatch buds have for the weekend?

Cheers :emotion-44: Gents

• Like 2

What plans do my coffee klatch buds have for the weekend

Dirt track races this evening with my brother for his birthday. Bachelor party tomorrow for a friend of mine, replacing some u joints on the Jeep on Sunday(if I feel like it after the bachelor party).

• Like 3

Up since 3:30 restless...sheets in disarray.....Buffett's Coast Of Carolina lyrics playing in my head. Coffee finished so maybe a second brewing. Jake fed and has gone back to bed.

Cheers :emotion-44: Gents

Jake i believe, has The idea of the day.

• Like 3

First Cup-0-Joe, done, brain scattered.

But on the brighter side of life in the world of finely repoduced sound, yesterday marked the 50% complete stage, on the speaker build.

Adding what i thought was missing from the sound, Two K400 Horns form LaScalas, the Eaw stacks seem to sound a tad better.

Finished the install of the horns into the stacks and had maybe an hour run time by the time the wife came home.

She walks into the Cave w/twany port in hand, and all she says is what the hell did you do to those speakers? they sound like the old Scala stacks we had ! but better.

Being a fresh install, not having time to fiddle with adjustments/knobs, she promply dials in the Bass/Treble on the Pre, ask me to play some Fav tunes of hers, then kind of gives me the "Look", sounds good, can we turn it up?.......Ah, my sound expert rarely ask me to do that, she said they are dialed in, and pleased we have the Horn sound back.

Reward her with trip to the pub. (and gave the neighbors a break).

Edited by minermark
  • Like 4

I am shuffling some stuff around today, resulting in me changing up some speaker cables. Was it here recently some discussion on green monster wire? My Khorns have Monster wire in the networks and it it looks brand new...no signs of green at all. However, when I bought them the seller included some heavy duty wire with the perfect ends I need for my receiver hookup. It looks like 10 or 12 gauge wire. It is not pretty...quite a bit of green. It says Esoteric Ultra Cable Reference System High Speed Response Type High Definition Reference Classification, Designed by Esoteric Audio. It's a shame it isn't green free like the Monster wire in my Khorns. Is this more of a cosmetic issue? The wire is so thick, I am wondering if it would be fine to use? I am going to try it, but would be interested in your thoughts and advice. I have some clean 12 gauge Sound King wire I bought from Parts Express 10 years ago, but I still need to get pin ends to reduce. PE told me Hurricane Katrina put them out of business.

I purchased a spool of Monster THX certified L/C/R speaker wire. I have been using it around the house for little projects here and there and never had any issues with it. I never felt speaker wire made a difference in sound. So thats what I feel about speaker wire, however I do like making fancy looking stuff just for looks. But that is diy and don't spend any money then buying regular 12 awg from monoprice.

We will have fun, we have no idea what were going to do but it doesn't make a difference really.

I like your travel plans. No worry, no rush, just go wherever ya want. No schedule to keep.

Lemme know if you manage to get up to Michael's. It's not too far outta my way on the way home from work in downtown Indy to Kokotucky. (Ugh! gotta get a gig closer to home or one that lets me work from home. Stopped by last night to take him a Crown Royal bag and left with a NIB NOS KSB 1.1. He said something about taking home a pair every time I visit... so next up KSB 2.1? It'll take awhile to get up to Quartet, Forte, Chorus, or bigger. And my wallet / checkbook is a bit thin. Hooked up the KSB 1.1's in Roadie's and very good sound for a smallish 5.25" bass/mid and tweet.

• Like 1

We will have fun, we have no idea what were going to do but it doesn't make a difference really.

I like your travel plans. No worry, no rush, just go wherever ya want. No schedule to keep.

Lemme know if you manage to get up to Michael's. It's not too far outta my way on the way home from work in downtown Indy to Kokotucky. (Ugh! gotta get a gig closer to home or one that lets me work from home. Stopped by last night to take him a Crown Royal bag and left with a NIB NOS KSB 1.1. He said something about taking home a pair every time I visit... so next up KSB 2.1? It'll take awhile to get up to Quartet, Forte, Chorus, or bigger. And my wallet / checkbook is a bit thin. Hooked up the KSB 1.1's in Roadie's and very good sound for a smallish 5.25" bass/mid and tweet.

I got a pair as well, haven't had the chance to hook them up yet. Very stout little huggers aren't they.
  • Like 1

Make some sweetened blackened tea. Full octane and decaf. Mow the yard. Kill some weeds. Clean the garage. Go to the Wildcat Creek Music Festival in Foster Park and minimally catch local cover band Rewind including Rusty, 1 post Klipsch Forum member RBroadllick1, left handed balding dude who channels a pretty good Jimi Hendrix. And in the evening it's The Family Stone at Cyclefest benefitting HOG to raise funds for local veterans homeless shelter.

• Like 3

I got a pair as well, haven't had the chance to hook them up yet. Very stout little huggers aren't they.

Yes they are. Pulled them out of the box and plastic bag, Twisted the binding post nut out all the way to take out little plastic plugs and hooked up to Michael's (Colterphoto1). First play. Not even broken in. Won't be mistaken for his MCM stacks + but sounded really good for small compact speakers.

• Like 1

Make some sweetened blackened tea. Full octane and decaf. Mow the yard. Kill some weeds. Clean the garage. Go to the Wildcat Creek Music Festival in Foster Park and minimally catch local cover band Rewind including Rusty, 1 post Klipsch Forum member RBroadllick1, left handed balding dude who channels a pretty good Jimi Hendrix. And in the evening it's The Family Stone at Cyclefest benefitting HOG to raise funds for local veterans homeless shelter.

Now here is a man with a plan, well done. sounds like a full day :)

• Like 2