Cables, Coffee, Cycles, and Cocktails

Tarheel

Hey Carl.............I am thinking what I may do is keep the previous as a GOOD spare tucked under the sink cabinet and just go with the new one...  I have some time to think about it at least....

SO, next time, I will go to the main breaker box and start there before hand...............:emotion-21:

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Tigerman said:

Hey Carl.............I am thinking what I may do is keep the previous as a GOOD spare tucked under the sink cabinet and just go with the new one...  I have some time to think about it at least....

SO, next time, I will go to the main breaker box and start there before hand...............:emotion-21:

Thanks all on the floor.

Gary, the disposal circuit breaker  SHOULD pop before your main breaker.  Check it first.  

Also most don't realize it but there's a cap on the bottom of the unit.  If you pop it off theres a place to insert an Allen wrench to turn the disposal shafts if something gets hung up in it and.......you guessed it.......pops the breaker.  Normally one is supplied with the unit.  You can use the tool to tighten the basin collar during installation and on the motor shafts itself when it hangs up.. 

After a couple of main line rooters in a previous home I have a policy of minimal disposal usage, and I mean minimal. Any sizable scraps go into a waste bag into the trash. No peels, especially peels of any and all veggies. Haven't had a clog since.

15 hours ago, mungkiman said:

Said the snowflake from a safe space...

original.jpg

Well, I got a news flash for you, "Mother Teresa". Just because you spend most of your time in the missionary position doesn't make you a missionary.

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, CECAA850 said:

Whenever I think of Utica Club I I think of the 2 talking steins they used in their advertising.   I believe they even had names but I'm too lazy to google them.  I just finished up all I'm going to do on the floor for the weekend.   All I have left to install is under a foot and a half.

20170709_134714.jpg

Nice work Carl. But it's only another foot-and-half -- Finish It. Have it all behind you. 

Or do you have something better to do like enjoying a particular pair of Klipsch speakers and a favorite beverage?? Tell me it ain't so ---

Yes on the 'hand crank'.  NEVER had to use it with the 'two stage' model....  No matter what you throw at it, it goes away!    I think the 15amp. breaker in the panel was on the edge, you know how they get...  And it simply popped...     This isn't my first rodeo with these things,  in my apartment there was a Home Depot 1/2 single stage 'Badger'  (a cheapie my landlord installed)   it would clog with a spent bunch of parsley stalks EVERYTIME, so I stopped putting them down...   My sister moved into that apartment after I left, and she found out for herself...

So, when we bought this home and the original went out, I got the 3/4 HP two stage,  parsley which is VERY fibrous goes down and out without trouble..   

Rich, I know that some homes have sensitive plumbing, we are lucky theres nothing like that here...   They actually say that the disposal is better for the environment, as the garbage gets processed at the plant with all other 'wastes' RATHER then add it to the landfill.......I just read that yesterday researching the product...

OK, decision has been made..........KEEP the new one I just installed, and I just cleaned up the other for a spare, and keep it in the box under the sink...  DONE..........I will put up some photos....   Hardest part of this project is simply wiring it up, a cinch really....   

Thanks for your contributing to my conversation............and not laughing at me to loudly :laugh:......

Man, the new one is sure purty. A shame to hide it under the sink - . Kinda like the new washer/dryers that have a near automotive paint finish so you can hide them behind doors or in the basement. And some nearly cost as much!

• Like 1

You are right Rich.............I like the color of the new one myself :D   It really is all about 'quiet' and that insulated cover does keep the grinding noise down nicely....  

I just posted over in 'What I Got Today'  a couple different photos...   These are fully rubber suspended, and a soft rubber 'de-cupling' from the drain line as well.  The whole unit will wiggle easily if you push it around..

I saw some of those brightly colored washer/drier sets today while in the Depot....   Car finishes for sure :laugh:!  

20 minutes ago, richieb said:

Nice work Carl. But it's only another foot-and-half -- Finish It. Have it all behind you. 

Or do you have something better to do like enjoying a particular pair of Klipsch speakers and a favorite beverage?? Tell me it ain't so ---

Hmm.  After the floor is down I need to install all the transition pieces.  Next is baseboards then change out all the electrical sockets and trim.  After that is moving back in which in no small task with the furniture we have.  Everything will get felt on the bottoms then get dusted and oiled prior to moving back in. I then have 3 stereos that are all over the house that need to be reassembled after our bedroom is put back together.  There'll be no work around here next weekend as I need to drive 2 hours to my daughter's house and relocate a gas line in her attic.  I gets my music when I can.  Audio projects are in the future and there's a couple waiting on me.

• Like 1