Cables, Coffee, Cycles, and Cocktails

Tarheel

51 minutes ago, minermark said:

Well ill be dammed.

In this sucazz state there would be a dollar tax on that purchase as well as a "CRV" disposal Fee.

There is NOTHING in this state that is Tax/Fee free.

but safe places and snowflakes..

free beer !

Everything You Need to Know About the Boilermaker Post Race Party

by Keeler in the Morning July 8, 2017 1:54 PM

(Photo by Bill Keeler / WIBX) (Photo by Bill Keeler / WIBX)

This year’s 40th running of Utica’s Boilermaker Road Race is special in so many ways, including the amazing finale’ known as ‘The Post Race Party’ at the F. X. Matt Brewery.

Headlining this year’s entertainment is 70’s Platinum Recording Artist Maxine Nightingale, who is best known for her worldwide #1 hit, Right Back Where We Started From.  Entertainment is sponsored by the Observer Dispatch and WIBX’s Keeler in the Morning. The host band is Showtime which will include local music all-stars from bands like Classified and Gridley Paige.

BoilerPostRaceParty0623127 from Media Corp on Vimeo.

As tradition has it, free Saranac beer will be served to those 21 and older with a valid ID at the event from 8:00 am until noon. This year’s featured beer is called Haus Lager, which is the official beer of the race.

photo courtesy of FX Matt Brewery photo courtesy of FX Matt Brewery

The beer is one of the Matt’s oldest recipes that was only available for family members and employees. It’s the first time Haus Lager has been available to the public.

The Post Race Party is sponsored by Price Chopper and hosted by the F.X. Matt Brewery.  There are plenty of new features and entertainment and here’s everything you need to know to make the best of this amazing day in Utica.

(Bill Keeler / WIBX) (Bill Keeler / WIBX)

Schedule:

8 a.m. – 9 a.m.     –            DJ music

9 a.m. – 10 a.m.   –            Showtime (featuring Classified and Gridley Paige)

10 a.m. – 10:30 a.m.   –      Awards Ceremony

10:30 a.m. – 11:00 a.m.  –  Maxine Nightingale

11:00 a.m. – 12:00 p.m.  –   Showtime (featuring Classified and Gridley Paige)

Security:  Coolers will be strictly forbidden on brewery property where the post Race Party occurs. Backpacks are strongly discouraged anywhere along the course including the Start Lines, Finish Line and Post Race Party area.(Boilermaker.com)

Read More: Everything You Need to Know About the Boilermaker Post-Race Party | http://wibx950.com/everything-you-need-to-know-about-the-boilermaker-post-race-party/?trackback=tsmclip

• Like 1

Good morning everyone..................:emotion-44::emotion-44:

WOW Mike, that looks like a BIG arse happening huh ??     Not here, quiet morning of breakfast on the deck, birds, sun good eats....:)

We have NO TAX on alcohol in our state which is amazing....  It was tried ONCE about 5 years ago, but that was met with such an uproar that it was quickly put back the way it always was..............tax free........  :D..

OK, last night, my garbage disposal unit blew out a motor winding at startup...  Hum and DEAD !    It was a higher end replacement from the stock one that was here when we bought the house...    Replaced with a nice 3/4 HP.  Stainless steel interior, sound prof enclosure, ALL rubber mounted and a two stage to boot!   It is still being made, cost a little over $200 now (up about $25. from 8 years ago)..

So, off to Home Depot for the replacement.............a detour from what I thought was going to be a quiet Sunday ....   Back to plumbing and working under the sink..............:wub:   :wacko:......(never a dull moment right?)   Should not be too hard, since it will be a direct fit AND the install wasn't too difficult the first time around...

Enjoy the day everyone.....

• Like 1

On ‎7‎/‎7‎/‎2017 at 5:25 PM, Marvel said:

Couldn't agree more. I would love to visit Spain to see the Sagrada Familia. It was started in the late 1800s, when everything had to be manhandled into place. They are planning to finish it by 2026, the hundredth anniversary of the death of the architect. I attended a presentation by two folks from Spain, on the life of the architect. This has some beautiful pics of the building and construction.

Bruce

It is a most spectacular building. He has stuff all over town. From in engineering standpoint, I was impressed with the upside down weighted string mock up he did, so he could figure out the load bearing points.

9 minutes ago, Tigerman said:

Good morning everyone..................:emotion-44::emotion-44:

WOW Mike, that looks like a BIG arse happening huh ??     Not here, quiet morning of breakfast on the deck, birds, sun good eats....:)

We have NO TAX on alcohol in our state which is amazing....  It was tried ONCE about 5 years ago, but that was met with such an uproar that it was quickly put back the way it always was..............tax free........  :D..

OK, last night, my garbage disposal unit blew out a motor winding at startup...  Hum and DEAD !    It was a higher end replacement from the stock one that was here when we bought the house...    Replaced with a nice 3/4 HP.  Stainless steel interior, sound prof enclosure, ALL rubber mounted and a two stage to boot!   It is still being made, cost a little over $200 now (up about $25. from 8 years ago)..

So, off to Home Depot for the replacement.............a detour from what I thought was going to be a quiet Sunday ....   Back to plumbing and working under the sink..............:wub:   :wacko:......(never a dull moment right?)   Should not be too hard, since it will be a direct fit AND the install wasn't too difficult the first time around...

Enjoy the day everyone.....

WAIT, it may be stuck and need a reset. Mine did that.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, dirtmudd said:

free beer !

Everything You Need to Know About the Boilermaker Post Race Party

by Keeler in the Morning July 8, 2017 1:54 PM

(Photo by Bill Keeler / WIBX) (Photo by Bill Keeler / WIBX)

This year’s 40th running of Utica’s Boilermaker Road Race is special in so many ways, including the amazing finale’ known as ‘The Post Race Party’ at the F. X. Matt Brewery.

Headlining this year’s entertainment is 70’s Platinum Recording Artist Maxine Nightingale, who is best known for her worldwide #1 hit, Right Back Where We Started From.  Entertainment is sponsored by the Observer Dispatch and WIBX’s Keeler in the Morning. The host band is Showtime which will include local music all-stars from bands like Classified and Gridley Paige.

BoilerPostRaceParty0623127 from Media Corp on Vimeo.

As tradition has it, free Saranac beer will be served to those 21 and older with a valid ID at the event from 8:00 am until noon. This year’s featured beer is called Haus Lager, which is the official beer of the race.

photo courtesy of FX Matt Brewery photo courtesy of FX Matt Brewery

The beer is one of the Matt’s oldest recipes that was only available for family members and employees. It’s the first time Haus Lager has been available to the public.

The Post Race Party is sponsored by Price Chopper and hosted by the F.X. Matt Brewery.  There are plenty of new features and entertainment and here’s everything you need to know to make the best of this amazing day in Utica.

(Bill Keeler / WIBX) (Bill Keeler / WIBX)

Schedule:

8 a.m. – 9 a.m.     –            DJ music

9 a.m. – 10 a.m.   –            Showtime (featuring Classified and Gridley Paige)

10 a.m. – 10:30 a.m.   –      Awards Ceremony

10:30 a.m. – 11:00 a.m.  –  Maxine Nightingale

11:00 a.m. – 12:00 p.m.  –   Showtime (featuring Classified and Gridley Paige)

Security:  Coolers will be strictly forbidden on brewery property where the post Race Party occurs. Backpacks are strongly discouraged anywhere along the course including the Start Lines, Finish Line and Post Race Party area.(Boilermaker.com)

Read More: Everything You Need to Know About the Boilermaker Post-Race Party | http://wibx950.com/everything-you-need-to-know-about-the-boilermaker-post-race-party/?trackback=tsmclip

http://www.uticaod.com/x782439859/Joe-Bonamassas-still-smokin

Joe Bonamassa’s blues guitarist with local roots still smokin’

HIDE CAPTION
Yorkville native Joe Bonamassa, blues guitarist, has been playing professionally since he was 12. His latest tour will bring him to Rochester Nov. 16. Submitted photo.

By CHARLES FERRO
Posted Nov 7, 2010 at 12:01 AMUpdated Nov 7, 2010 at 7:04 AM

Blues guitarist Joe Bonamassa stands on the stage of Vega in Copenhagen, Denmark, playing his guitar, but stops after he hears something. It’s three o’ clock in the afternoon and the band is running through the sound check to an audience of four. Three of the men are fiddling with the control panel or laptops; the fourth just listens.

Blues guitarist Joe Bonamassa stands on the stage of Vega in Copenhagen, Denmark, playing his guitar, but stops after he hears something. It’s three o’ clock in the afternoon and the band is running through the sound check to an audience of four. Three of the men are fiddling with the control panel or laptops; the fourth just listens.

Dressed in jeans, a denim shirt over a T-shirt and sneaks, Bonamassa squats with a techie to figure out why one of the sound control gadgets is displaying a red light. He blasts a couple of riffs on his Gibson, adjusts an amp and goes back to figuring out why the red light is on.
They apparently solve the problem, and after a quick acoustic number, it’s interview time.

The first question: “What was The Devereux called before it was The Devereux?” tips Bonamassa off that this interview might be a bit different, and the talk turns to Utica for a while. (When it first opened it was called Manny’s Other Place).

Bonamassa now calls Los Angeles home, and says of the City of Angels, ”(It’s) superficial, but my kind of superficial. But I have to travel. I suppose I’m nomadic by nature.”

He’s been on the road for most of his 33 years, now playing around 200 gigs a year.
Like the 1,400-seat Copenhagen venue, all the stops on his current European tour have been sold out for a long time.

“I’m a lucky guy. Sold out in Copenhagen, Sweden, Israel, everywhere” he says. “And all I basically did was practice playing in my bedroom in Yorkville.”

From the stage he feels there is no difference between overseas or American audiences.

“The reaction is the same; the same in Israel as it is in Cleveland,” he says.

He does refer to being a little intimidated by a Finnish crowd that was unusually subdued.
“But we found out afterwards they loved the show,” he said.

Life on the road isn’t much different now than it was when he opened shows for B.B. King at the age of 13.

“It’s the same schedule, eating patterns and it becomes your home,” he says, “and you’re always dedicated to a couple of hours on stage.”
Life on the road has taken Bonamassa to many corners of the world; but getting a Gibson guitar named in his honor (the Inspired By Joe Bonamassa Aged Les Paul Goldtop), being included on the computer game Guitar Hero, playing with King and sharing the Royal Albert Hall stage with Eric Clapton and being consistently praised as one of the greatest guitarists in the world did not come overnight.

“It’s something like a small business and it took 17 years to get it off the ground,” Bonamassa said. “Only in the past three or four years has it really grown and paid off. I’m in the ticket business, playing live is how I got to this point. A record is just a means to an end, and that’s the stage.”

He says there’s always a tinge of fear that he’ll perform poorly onstage; a feeling that’s been with him since his days as a kid jamming with the big guys in places like The Devereux.
“But I got support then. I had good parents and I enjoyed the challenge of life,” he says. “Though, I still feel a tiny bit of trepidation now and again.”

Show time

MORE VIDEO:
Boilermaker 15K roll through finish line

Six hours after the sound check, a familiar riff draws a roar from the crowd and the guitarist appears: Dressed up for the stage, hair slicked back and wearing his signature eyeglasses.

Bonamassa and his band deliver a blistering two-hour-long concert that wins raves.

“His fingers were like little flashes of lightning racing along the fingerboard. The treasure drove of fine detailing was so overpowering, all of the air guitarists in the audience had to give up trying to follow him and just glanced at each other with approving nods,” one reviewer wrote.
In the final encore, Bonamassa played around during a solo and made some references to Led Zeppelin with a sound that would make one of his heroes, Jimmy Page, proud – perhaps even envious.

That afternoon Bonamassa had spoken about the second wave of British blues-rock guitarists who inspired him, Jeff Beck, Page, Eric Clapton – whom he considers the best guitarist for his “lifetime at the top” – and others.

His father’s record collection provided good listening when Bonamassa was just knee high to an electric guitar.

“And WOUR was always playing Led Zeppelin,” he recalls. “I discovered blues through the British musicians. It’s funny, we embraced our own music via the English, and now the English are embracing me. It’s ironic.”

Though he calls B.B. King’s “The Thrill Is Gone” the best song ever, Bonamassa plays more than just blues and blues rock.

Playing with Black Country Communion – “That was fun,” he says – gave him the leeway to let go with full-blown rock music and recording an album in Greece that resulted in World music seasoning in his playing. The result was his March release “Black Rock.”

He admits, like other musicians, he sometimes feels a little stale every three or five years, and it’s good to experiment.

“But not like Peter Gabriel and his working with world, but rather something that’s fun and put into perspective,” Bonamassa said.
One question from the afternoon interview still had to be answered:

“Have you ever ridden on the Utica Club Trolley?”

Bonamassa thinks for a second and replies, “You know, I don’t think I ever have. We’ve got a real treasure there. The brewery is a cool place.”

Charles Ferro is now a free-lance writer living in Copenhagen. A Utica native, he drove the Utica Club Trolley a few decades ago.

Hello USNRET...............Better then that............(reset was the first thing I checked.....) 

How about THIS dumb arse move, :o  I NEVER went down to the breaker box to check for a thrown circuit !!  I was on the hunch that the light switch next to the disposal switch were on the SAME circuit (NEVER ASSUME THIS!)   I get my NEW unit, all happy, installed and hook it all up, hit the switch..............NOTHING!!

It was then, that I realized there is a breaker for the appliance................. :angry: !!      OK, feeling rather stupid now, I have to package this back up and RE-install the past replacement unit...  AGAIN!!!  :wacko::wacko::wacko::wacko: 

Anyone care to chime in ???   :blush2::blush2:

• Like 2

Whenever I think of Utica Club I I think of the 2 talking steins they used in their advertising.   I believe they even had names but I'm too lazy to google them.  I just finished up all I'm going to do on the floor for the weekend.   All I have left to install is under a foot and a half.

20170709_134714.jpg

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, CECAA850 said:

Whenever I think of Utica Club I I think of the 2 talking steins they used in their advertising.   I believe they even had names but I'm too lazy to google them.  I just finished up all I'm going to do on the floor for the weekend.   All I have left to install is under a foot and a half.

20170709_134714.jpg