Cables, Coffee, Cycles, and Cocktails

Tarheel

1 hour ago, dtel said:

Back when I did electrical work I had to climb towers hundreds of feet, but the big difference was we had safety harnesses. That picture is crazy, an accident waiting to happen, they don't pay enough anywhere to do that. 

yes back when you worked ...

shocked.jpgfriend-of-mine-was-doing-some-electrical-work-posted-this-on-facebook-47111.jpg

• Like 1

2 hours ago, richieb said:

Lets get something very clear - my work, whether in the heat or cold, is limited to ground level or very near so.

These guys here a combining work and Circ de Soliel. Far above my pay grade - no pun intended.

Couldn't agree more. I would love to visit Spain to see the Sagrada Familia. It was started in the late 1800s, when everything had to be manhandled into place. They are planning to finish it by 2026, the hundredth anniversary of the death of the architect. I attended a presentation by two folks from Spain, on the life of the architect. This has some beautiful pics of the building and construction.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/travel/travel_news/article-3291975/Remarkable-new-photographs-Barcelona-s-Sagrada-Familia-glory-construction-work-Spain-s-biggest-tourist-attraction-enters-final-phase.html

And this video segment on CBS's 60 Minutes.

Bruce

• Like 1

Lazy Friday off; been clearing out the office, hobby, my only room attempting to put tools, cables, terminals, junk in their place. That'll probably last one day...if I get it finished.

A couple of years ago I donated a Sansui tuner modded by rdioxtuner, an Emo Mini X amp and a pair of Klipsch KP something (a pair of the ones the wagon train pulled thru several states) to the guys that wash our aircraft so they could have something other than the oh my gosh awful boombox they were using on the wash rack. Yesterday I was told that it had no output so I brought the amp and tuner home for a check out. Gotta determine what's up; all indications were normal when I looked at it at work. Tuner output? Amp?

3 hours ago, dtel said:

Back when I did electrical work I had to climb towers hundreds of feet, but the big difference was we had safety harnesses. That picture is crazy, an accident waiting to happen, they don't pay enough anywhere to do that. 

Damn the safety harness, my feets are grounded. All that big money for high wire work is no wonder that you now live the Life of Riley. They would need to bring my money in dump trucks for me to scale those towers -

Morning gang

Yep its Sat, swapmeet for a KitchenAid or it's going to be the CL.

Wife knows the Mixer well, so what better to mix small batch mortar.

Angus was great for a good quality piece of meat once a month.

Corndog for breakfast soon.

100+ again, i may need another rest day

Coffee :emotion-44::emotion-44::emotion-44:

atm-machines.jpg

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, mungkiman said:

Same for the half&half?

I just stop in ..land o lakes  .h&h $3.09..normally I go to bjs wholesale club. it's $2.59.for land o lakes h&h..

bjs sent me a coupon for $1 off for 2....

all I do is swipe the coupon twice and save $2

in the self checkout....

IMG_20170708_204255.jpg

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, dirtmudd said:

just scored closed out coffee

Joey Kramer rockin &/roast in coffee Sumatra $3.89/12oz

westrock coffee company meza morning blend $2.49/12oz

IMG_20170708_202545.jpg

IMG_20170708_202606.jpg

Now wait just a min here.

How come there is NO TAX?  HUMMMM??

1 minute ago, dirtmudd said:

no unprepared food tax in New York state...

but tax you everywhere else !

Well ill be dammed.

In this sucazz state there would be a dollar tax on that purchase as well as a "CRV" disposal Fee.

There is NOTHING in this state that is Tax/Fee free.

• Like 1