Cables, Coffee, Cycles, and Cocktails

Tarheel

Yep, Indian summer continues here. It was 106 yesterday. And during travels last night to the LA airport to pick up my nephew we went through areas that were still 95 at 9 o'clock.

..............Here come those Santa Ana winds again..................

• Like 2

2 hours ago, BigStewMan said:

Just for today, i’ll say i made a good trade.  The top is today’s forecast for my old abode, the bottom is where I am now.

DAY

DESCRIPTION HIGH / LOW PRECIP WIND HUMIDITY
TODAY

OCT 24
Sunny/Wind
104°69°
0%
ENE 20 mph  12%

DAY

DESCRIPTION HIGH / LOW PRECIP WIND HUMIDITY
TODAY

OCT 24
Sunny
70°46°
0%
NE 5 mph  51%

I'll bet the air quality is better where you're currently at also.

1 hour ago, babadono said:

Yep, Indian summer continues here. It was 106 yesterday. And during travels last night to the LA airport to pick up my nephew we went through areas that were still 95 at 9 o'clock.

..............Here come those Santa Ana winds again..................

Here comes the hottest World Series ever.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, richieb said:

Back to the subject at hand  -  coffee and the making there of. Who still uses a good'ol plug into the wall percolator? 

Carl, sounds like I'm missing some near perfect HTown weather ---??

I think Gary might.  It is java heresy to pass already brewed coffee back over the grounds, which is what a percolator does.  But to each his own, and necessity is a mother.

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, BigStewMan said:

you must be a stinkin genius ... i’ve yet to figure out what the topic at hand is.

Weell -.thank you. My edjamacation has been on an upward spiral since joining this elite forum many years ago. The deep thinking that oozes from the writings here are remarkable. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

• Moderators
28 minutes ago, richieb said:
38 minutes ago, BigStewMan said:

you must be a stinkin genius ... i’ve yet to figure out what the topic at hand is.

15 minutes ago, richieb said:
27 minutes ago, oldtimer said:

It takes intelligence to learn.

Yes Sir. I'm learning that --

Weell -.thank you. My edjamacation has been on an upward spiral since joining this elite forum many years ago. The deep thinking that oozes from the writings here are remarkable. 

Been busy but had to stop and post, I couldn't help it, you two had me laughing. 

• Like 2

• Moderators
3 hours ago, CECAA850 said:

Yes you are.  It's a little nicer than that here.  It's supposed to be 47 here tonight.

39 here tonight, the coolest we have been this fall, 77 for the high for the week, it sure is feeling good. Going to sleep with the windows open, maby not tonight but it will be the only day this week I think, love the fresh air and no ac. 

• Like 2

• Moderators

Been busy, external hard drive for pictures died and I have to go back and load all the disc on the computer to put on the new drive. :emotion-45:Been at it for 2 days and now have 14,247 pictures done, a long way to go.

It might be a good idea to get another hard drive in a few weeks to copy everything for a second copy so I don't have to do this again ?

• Like 3

32 minutes ago, dtel said:

Been busy, external hard drive for pictures died and I have to go back and load all the disc on the computer to put on the new drive. :emotion-45:Been at it for 2 days and now have 14,247 pictures done, a long way to go.

any problem getting the people to pose again for those photos?

• Like 2