Cables, Coffee, Cycles, and Cocktails

Tarheel

12 minutes ago, KROCK said:

Don't forget - The nite Chicago died.....😥

My sister had the 45, I loved that song at 8/9 years old. She also had a cool portable record player and fuzzy box to tote all her 45s around in. The early days of mobile music.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, dirtmudd said:

No wake and bake .. This morning 

It's wake and bake every day.... maybe not bake today ... steam seems to be on the docket this AM.

Wife will be in Tucson tomorrow. She still has no plan for how she will get here from there...  I am "on call".    I warned her to make up my mind before I make plans. HaHaHa  If I'm not at the house, she can't get a hold of me. I don't own a cell/i/smart phone. I have had the same landline since 1970. Heirloom. lol

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

On 7/24/2018 at 6:55 AM, DizRotus said:

Back on topic, COFFEE.  As part of a kitchen remodel, the wife wants to get rid of our BUNN BXB Velocity Brew.  She feels it wastes coffee and is too hard to predictably make coffee that’s not too strong or too weak.  Being married to Goldilocks is not easy.  FWIW, we both like it black and strong.

Any suggestions regarding a replacement?  Anyone want the BUNN?  If so, it can be yours for the cost of shipping.

Realize this was a few days ago but...

Contact Bunn, they have different sized "heads" that sprays the water over the grinds. I've been using the ST Velocity Brew for years since that 30lb kitchen aid tank upchucked all over the counter. The ST brewed so fast that the coffee was weak, the other head makes the brew take a little longer. Not by much but maybe a minute and this made a big difference in the body and flavor of the coffee. So I still get it in less than 5 minutes from the time I close the lid!

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, JohnJ said:

Realize this was a few days ago but...

Contact Bunn, they have different sized "heads" that sprays the water over the grinds. I've been using the ST Velocity Brew for years since that 30lb kitchen aid tank upchucked all over the counter. The ST brewed so fast that the coffee was weak, the other head makes the brew take a little longer. Not by much but maybe a minute and this made a big difference in the body and flavor of the coffee. So I still get it in less than 5 minutes from the time I close the lid!

Contacted BUNN.  They're sending a couple "reduced flow" heads.  We'll see if that does the trick.

Thanks for the tip.

• Like 5

• Moderators
51 minutes ago, WillyBob said:

lol

being too cheap to buy

I plugged half the holes in the head of the GE I had.

It was real bad .... made weak tea before I fixed it. This was a NIB unit, too. A gift

DIY my kind of guy.

11 minutes ago, DizRotus said:

Contacted BUNN.  They're sending a couple "reduced flow" heads.  We'll see if that does the trick.

Thanks for the tip.

i would guess that would do it.

• Like 2

On the advice of a buddy I actually just bought a Corning Percolator. I have always used drip coffee makers but he swears the coffee is twice as good through one of these. The fact that they sell for $50 used on Ebay tells me there must be something to it.

Just roasted up some Hazelnut coffee this morning too. 

Tim

• Like 3

• Moderators
9 minutes ago, dirtmudd said:

Now it's time for coffee !

Only if I am awake, but I still don't drink as much as you, but I try. Making pot #2 for today but I had a little help and I didn't get up until 11.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, dtel said:

Only if I am awake, but I still don't drink as much as you, but I try. Making pot #2 for today but I had a little help and I didn't get up until 11.

I cut down some... Not on days that end in the letter y

• Like 2
  • Haha 2