Cables, Coffee, Cycles, and Cocktails

Tarheel

that too

the feral cat let me actually pet her today. 4 years I have been feeding this cat. I understand her being shy. Her other contact with humans hasn't been fun.  She was trapped,spayed, ear tipped and released.

6 weeks and I get my Scalas.   I may have to crank them up at my sister's place. Give the neighbors a thrill. I have to look at the car again. By my measurements, they should just fit. I may need to slide the driver seat forward... that close.  Might say I am getting a little excited about finally having them. To the point of trying to decide what music I want to hear first with them ...

• Like 4

What car are you going to haul them in? I was able to haul LS in a 2007 Subaru Forester. I got a 1/2 or 3/8 sheet of mdf, cut to fit in the back of the car. It fit over the seat hinges and other bumps, to provide a smooth surface to slide the speakers in (on an old wool blanket). On their backs and crossways, they fit between the wheel wells. Nice easy ride.

Bruce

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

30 minutes ago, mangofirst said:

jack squat

You are either a military veteran, or from a family of a veteran....not many people use that term, but I find it comes in quite handy sometimes....

32 minutes ago, mangofirst said:

Don't think any of those "we can guess your age by your musical tastes" quizzes would work on me.

I find that very encouraging.....

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

Hi @mangofirst

that LP is prolly the best of CSN&Y

a classic.

@jimjimbo

thanks for posting it

Yeah, I could have made that post about the spider and the fly a lot more clear ...

It was almost as bad as trying to read my grandmother's letters. She dinna use punctuation. Led to a lot of wondering whether we were in trouble or not.

and

just the same

you look young to have heard DejaVu when it was released.

• Like 3

Yo y'all. Back from Omaha. I walked from Nebraska to Iowa and back 30-40 times in a couple of weeks. What a strange border line! Note to self: when given a choice of buffalo wings rated at 1x to 4x from Ray's Wings choose 1x; I went with 2x. That was not wise; lip balm anyone?
Got back to having a request from the recreation committee to cook 30 lbs of Boston But (yea, it's two TTs) for pulled pork sandwich sale today = 18 hours 12 minutes on the Rec Tec BT-700 pellet smoker. Was at work this morning when my phone dinged @ 09:30  to notify me that they were ready and $300 profit made toward activities. The folks wanted seconds and thirds.

Later dudes and dudetts.

• Like 4

5 hours ago, mangofirst said:
11 hours ago, WillyBob said:

are we dating ourselves?
You look a little young...

Also, musical knowledge has absolutely jack squat to do with age. And I'm sure mine would make you go hmm. Don't think any of those "we can guess your age by your musical tastes" quizzes would work on me.

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, dirtmudd said:

Grab your ankles

OH NO, don't go there:

Take me on your rocking horse
Hit the lights and shut your doors. 
Grab your ankles , everyone.
Ain't my way of having fun. 
Can't give it up, gotta give it up, give it up, c'mon Nancy. 
Can't give it up, get it up, for your fancy. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 3

2 minutes ago, JohnJ said:

OH NO, don't go there:

Take me on your rocking horse
Hit the lights and shut your doors. 
Grab your ankles , everyone.
Ain't my way of having fun. 
Can't give it up, gotta give it up, give it up, c'mon Nancy. 
Can't give it up, get it up, for your fancy. 

Really have a good time
Suckin' up the moonshine. 
Up underneath her clothesline. 
Really have a good time. 
Love me til the sun... 
Can't get it up, gotta get it up, 
Gotta get it up, get it up, c'mon Nancy. 

• Like 5
  • Haha 1