Cables, Coffee, Cycles, and Cocktails

Tarheel

3 hours ago, DizRotus said:

Back on topic, COFFEE.  As part of a kitchen remodel, the wife wants to get rid of our BUNN BXB Velocity Brew.  She feels it wastes coffee and is too hard to predictably make coffee that’s not too strong or too weak.  Being married to Goldilocks is not easy.  FWIW, we both like it black and strong.

Any suggestions regarding a replacement?  Anyone want the BUNN?  If so, it can be yours for the cost of shipping.

2FB0040F-6961-44F2-A276-043DED590C5F.jpeg

I wonder what the difference between that and the A-10 is.  Ours is the most consistent maker we've had and makes exceptional coffee.

4 hours ago, DizRotus said:

Any suggestions regarding a replacement?  Anyone want the BUNN?  If so, it can be yours for the cost of shipping.

This if you are being responsible

https://www.wholelattelove.com/bonavita-8-cup-connoisseur-coffee-brewer

This if you never want to buy another in your life...which might not be all that long for you given your many trips around the sun:emotion-14:

https://www.wholelattelove.com/technivorm-moccamaster-kbt741-polished-silver-coffee-maker

Several version of both. I did a lot of research on my last purchase....I went the cheap route and could not be happier. Still I wish I bought the Technivorm

• Like 2

6 hours ago, DizRotus said:

Back on topic, COFFEE.  As part of a kitchen remodel, the wife wants to get rid of our BUNN BXB Velocity Brew.  She feels it wastes coffee and is too hard to predictably make coffee that’s not too strong or too weak.  Being married to Goldilocks is not easy.  FWIW, we both like it black and strong.

2FB0040F-6961-44F2-A276-043DED590C5F.jpeg

If you still aren't happy I will take it and pay you more than shipping.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Dave1290 said:

Hmmmm, a $300 coffee pot?  Well maybe but...  Might give it a try when my $20 Mr Coffee gives up the ghost.  Trips around the sun noted and also making a note as to WHO recommended it!   As if...   😂

• Like 4

You don't like the $300 coffee maker? This is the CCC thread, right? And Coffee is one of the Cs? I'm sure there are plenty that have high $$$ in the Cable C not to mention the making of a Cocktail C. Go tell some "regular" people with earbuds how much you have tied up in speakers. In my defense I don't have the Technivorm, I cheeped out. I was offering that up for @DizRotus because of his fancy history with Ted Nugent. I'm sure he lights his cigars with $100 bills. That said I've had 10-12 coffee makers in my life and I won't be without my Bonavita ever again. Unless Neil's MMillions tix pay out, his wife leaves him and he buys me the Technivorm.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

12 minutes ago, Buck115 said:

We have a Technivorm-Moccamaster, best coffee maker we've owned. It will probably out live us, but if it doesn't, we'll replace it with one just like it!

Nice, first time I have heard any first hand experience. I was skeptical that the proper temp really made that much of a difference, but I am a believer now. Question, does it take a long time to brew a pot. I on my Bonavita it takes probably 3X longer than other drip pots I've had. Curious if that is how better pots work or unique to my brand/model.

• Like 4

46 minutes ago, rplace said:

Nice, first time I have heard any first hand experience. I was skeptical that the proper temp really made that much of a difference, but I am a believer now. Question, does it take a long time to brew a pot. I on my Bonavita it takes probably 3X longer than other drip pots I've had. Curious if that is how better pots work or unique to my brand/model.

We have had ours since June 2012 (6 years) and it still brews as HOT and FAST as it did when we bought it. For us, it brews the perfect cup of coffee!!!! :emotion-44:

• Like 4

Because I went to Wally... I got a Cuisinart machine. I had one before. It OK. Maybe not the best. Suffices for me.  I'm picky, but not that picky, yet

for second, I thought you had put ribbons on his head... the plant behind him.

looks happy. 

We had an AM thunderstorm from ???? All the time, the Tucson weather people are hotter/sunnier.  And it did make 110` in Tucson.

oh... just because it rained. Didn't stop the sun from shining the whole time. Got a couple rainbow shots. Too lazy to resize them

• Like 3