Cables, Coffee, Cycles, and Cocktails

Tarheel

rationing???? I buy more beans when I open my "last pound/14oz"

I'm fairly easy to please ... not mail ordering beans. I can get fresh roasted beans at our little store. The roaster is about 3 blocks away from here. I get to smell them at work. Surprisingly, coffee being roasted does not smell like coffee [as we know it]. I had to qualify that. If I didn't, I would take issue with that statement about the fragrance of roasting coffee, just out of principle.

....It smells more like someone burned toast.

We're waiting for the flood... here's you cue, Mike....

• Haha 3

• Moderators

Just got power back. :emotion-21: It does cut out for a second as they connect other areas, just long enough to need to restart computers and reset clocks

Everything is fine no damage, again we just got lucky. It got a bit windy :o and the rain was non-stop so I did not go out to empty my rain gauge and it overflowed above 7". 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 5

Yes @grasshopper too much caffeine affects me & my BP.

A couple guys here said my pics looked like tea instead of coffee a while back. I realized I'd been rationing for a long time. Asked my brother and he said it was weak, but his in his aeropress is sludge. So instead of 1 tbsp per 6 or 7 oz I upped it to 1 tbsp per 5oz of water. It does taste better and has more kick. I have to keep it under a qt per day now.

• Haha 4

At LF's suggestion we retired the Bunn coffee maker.  Never could get the timer right.  A friend of hers has a Cuisinart that she loves so we got a "grind and brew" and set the timer for 6:15am.  Coffees ready when we get up.

Glad you folks are okay dtel!

• Like 5

• Moderators
2 hours ago, JohnJ said:

Why? `Cause it's a little north?

*I play it loose with my adjectives and pronouns `cause it irritates the instigators:lol: 

I'm suprised they notice with me around. 

My spellcheck stopped working so I downloaded another one, now they both work off and on and may be fighting each other strange things happen with them.  General grammer, I just don't care, it drives my wife crazy when she reads my post.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

• Moderators
36 minutes ago, JohnJ said:

Good to hear Eldon, you've put in a lot of work there and it's ready-2-go huh?

Yes plenty work but it will never be done, saving a long list for when it starts to cool a little. And that is just the short term list, it will end when I do.

• Like 4

• Moderators
26 minutes ago, Tarheel said:

Glad you folks are okay dtel!

Me too,  and another of the 800 reasons why we do not live in NO.

One thing I forgot about hurricanes is the noise, the roar of the wind especially when a strong rain band is passing, it's a deep rumbling sound of the wind, like they describe for a tornado. Problem is the wind is already going 75+ so if it were a tornado it would be going really fast which is not good news when it's nighttime and dark with rain so hard you can not see 100'. It's gets pretty loud at times and you can feel the vibration, similar to when they test rocket engines at Stennis about 20 miles from here.

The wife said that's it this is :pwk_bs: no more. :lol: It's been years since we stayed.

• Like 3

4 hours ago, JohnJ said:

& the Aztecs put Chili into it and invented Hot Chocolate too!

That's really true and you have to try it, it tastes fantastic . For more than 30 years I drink a cup of hot chocolate every night. The best cocoa powder you can get in the Netherlands or Belgium

I am a chocoholic.

742730833_c177c1_a8759d8468a84656b5f75669fc3eea0bmv2.gif.5a4fe81bb7c2e03f52cf06c558f59f03.gif

• Haha 5