Cables, Coffee, Cycles, and Cocktails

Tarheel

Mornin' all

We got a delivery of firewood, finally.....75` predicted for today. Figures... doesn't it?

on the news

Someone got popped for doing 125mph on I-10, east of Tucson. What surprises me is that the condition of the roadway was good enough to drive that fast. Our roads aren't very good. Speaking of that....

the state has been repaving the roads in/out of town... both of them. They are almost done, except for patching the potholes that have erupted in the new pavement. I have to question the plan for the paving... They tore up and repaved bits and pieces in various places along the road... and then drove the haul trucks, full of asphalt, across. Tearing up what they just laid down....

• Like 2
  • Sad 2

36 minutes ago, grasshopper said:

I have to question the plan for the paving... They tore up and repaved bits and pieces in various places along the road... and then drove the haul trucks, full of asphalt, across. Tearing up what they just laid down....

in NYS , when they repair a  State road ,  if such an event happens , they redo the repairs at the Contractor' s expense or the contractor must redo the job all over again , you cant get away with shoddy asphalt work in NYS 

• Like 3

5 hours ago, RandyH said:

in NYS , when they repair a  State road ,  if such an event happens , they redo the repairs at the Contractor' s expense or the contractor must redo the job all over again , you cant get away with shoddy asphalt work in NYS 

if they pave the roads here or when !

• Like 3

Its all by the lowest $ and the right length of hair, color of fingernails that the workers have now.

Guess doing a bad job means you can shovel it and get paid for doing it again now-a-days.

Cue up PWK turning his lapel again!

They keep doctoring the temps for Sunday, to have a new forecast twice a day. Hope it won't be sleet and freezing rain.

• Like 2

That's the difference between weather forecasts and news. One is trying to predict the future and the other tells you what just happened.

They've been waffling on a chance of rain... it is all but gone now. Wasn't great to start... 20% Wed/Thurs. Got pushed to Fri - 20%... got pushed a slight chance of a sprinkle on Saturday

• Haha 3

Yea the forecast has changed a lot since earlier in the week.

All associated with the range of temps... and that makes sense. Heck we're at 50 something now but the last few days it wasn't to the upper 40 by the hotspot of 4pm here.

I'd like to see the 14" they talked about the other day. But 1/2 inch of ice is scary anywhere there are old trees and power lines. Now it's at 4 - 7 with it getting to up to 29 by 5 pm.

• Like 3

You could be onto something Mike!  😂

You all down South are funny.  Yea, I get it, you don't have any help w/snow removal equipment.  I know Mike and the rest of the gaggle of snowbirds up here just snicker when we watch the fake/unfake news and watch you all sliding all over the place.  Sad.  Why don't you just stay home and wait on the heat from ole Sol?  It hits here I "might" get the blower fired up otherwise I'm grounded!  lol

• Haha 2