Cables, Coffee, Cycles, and Cocktails

Tarheel

• Moderators

So we take off, and fly around a little while and land at the local airport across town. Fine with me, we get out and he says we stopped here to get some coffee ! :o  Ok were just along for the ride, I don't care where we go, this is fun. They park both planes we all go in and have coffee and back off to go flying, around town and even over our house. First pic is taking off in his yard, second is our little downtown main street, third is somewhere ? :)

post-9700-0-40080000-1430197037_thumb.jp

post-9700-0-34440000-1430197238_thumb.jp

post-9700-0-46760000-1430197356_thumb.jp

• Like 8

• Moderators

After  leaving the airport  we went flying around for about half an hour and landed back at his house.

We all got in the Cessna for another ride, we all could hear on the radio there were a bunch of people parachuting at a different small airport about 75 miles away and they wanted to go watch, fine with me. :)  So we take off out of his yard again and head North all four of us this time. 

Landing at the second airport we got out and watched some skydivers landing then going back to the plane to go again after they all landed.

post-9700-0-59240000-1430198019_thumb.jp

post-9700-0-12200000-1430198196_thumb.jp

post-9700-0-18080000-1430198247_thumb.jp

post-9700-0-67760000-1430198307_thumb.jp

• Like 5

• Moderators

Thank you Christy, and especially Troy and his friend, the other pilot, it was great fun. I really had a good time and surprised she came along and did so well, much better than I expected.

Mark................ :D I know some people here fly a lot but for us who don't get to just fly for fun in small planes like this it's just fun. I thanked everyone and was walking away, I turned around and told them they were just spoiled, they laughed.

• Like 5

• Moderators
i did fall out of the plane; but, since it looked like rain, i had brought an umbrella--it came in handy and the landing was rather smooth considering.

You parachuted, I always wanted to do that, somewhere along the line I changed my mind as I got older ? But I will stay in the plane anytime. :D

He did say the red 2 seat plane can do stunts, but we weren't going to do any. He did show me what a 60 degree tight turn felt like and negative and positive G's. The negative G's were much more fun, it felt like a really long rollercoaster going down hill, you lift off the seat a little, it was great.  :emotion-21:

Edited by dtel
  • Like 5

Good morning my friends...

Surprise delivery !!!

Just wanted to show a photo of the start of the M.A.D. session with my guest Ryan from RTM. Just before is arrival time, there was a knock on the door and the postman handed me a box...... These were in it, so we made sure to celebrate the day with the new glasses and a great wine which Ryan brought along with plenty of great media to listen to (0:

Thank you Mr. and Mrs. Dtel  for helping to make the day complete, they are perfect !

Enjoy the day everyone..

.........Garyimage.jpg5_4.jpg

Edited by Tigerman
  • Like 8

So since Christy is a little nervous about this her cousin is going to taker in a Cessna (pic; white with stripes) and if she changes her mind they can come back. He tells me his friend was going to fly me in another plane which is a little more sporty it's red and a little white and only has a 2 seats. 

Hey there Dtel, thanks so much for posting all those photos!  Sounds like you had a wonderful time..   The 172 on the left is the model that I flew and enjoyed very much.    Many fly for travel, but I was always doing what your pilot friends did, and that was going up for pure fun and pleasure with my friends, family and co-workers.  (even my band mates!) ^_^

Flying in formation with fellow pilots was another thing I LOVED doing, day OR night, taking photos of each other and talking on a 'private' radio channel to keep coordinated..   :)  

I would always ask my passengers if they wanted to experience some negative G's  (tickle belly), most always said yes.  It is better then a rollercoaster and perfectly SMOOTH as you discovered... ;)

Wish I could still fly, but the $$$ for that hobby are simply prohibitive these days and for this home owner  :( ...

.........gw

• Like 5

Good Tuesday morning gang

Iv been enjoying this trip in Reno because Fly time is DONE for a wile, need to start house shopping in the Desert.

Taking the next month off really, im burnt, lost weight in Arz likely do to the work load and not drinkin.

185 again, not bad from 215, i plan on a few more Desserts before i leave Reno.

Detel looks to be enjoying the Flyboy lifestyle, and yes it is dam sure pricey.

Iv been involved in flying since 8, had i not had a few great paying aerospace gigs in Socal, i would never be able to afford a plane payment.

Had i not had my Dad's Aviation related inheritance, i would not be in it today.

Last 40 years, im asset rich and cash poor.

I will likely be selling my 185SP after the move to Reno area, 26hrs on a plane that is 15 years old, and that is since "New".

Expresso time gang, it has arrived at the room :emotion-44::smile:

• Like 6

Great photos dtel......looks like a fun time!  Marks going to enjoy your pics I'm sure.

Gary.....we are not letting you off with just one photo :)  I'm betting some LPs were spun and wine consumed.  Wish I could have been there.

Cool here but hope to get in a longish bike ride later.  Rode some yesterday.

Jake says hey to Baxter!

Where is Joe?

Cheers Ladies :emotion-44: and Gents

• Like 4

I’m disappointed with my adobe illustrator skills--years ago worked with CorelDraw; which i think is a much easier program. I need this logo done and have just lost interest in fighting adobe. Someone recommended a website called odesk.com -- freelance folks that seem to work for cheap.
Steve, I really have trouble with Illustrator, too. I did the logo in PS, and still had to look things up on the net to learn how to do the text on a line, etc. Each of the hands is in a different layer (actually, every element is on it's own layer, makes it easier to work with it).

Corel was/is easier in some ways. Adobe just grabbed the market. I don't do complex things often enough to remember how to do them, so I'm always searching for the answer. My older son studied computer graphic design at Full Sail in Orlando, and is really good at it, and fast.

Bruce

• Like 1

dtel ... those really are great pics. Thanks for sharing them. Looks like a real kick.

Baxter finally got rid of his small competitor for the crate. They picked her up last night. Darned if he doesn't seem to miss her now. Dog psychology just ain't my expertise.

Finally getting a sunny day after 4 or 5 days of rain and chill. A long walk is in order. Coloradans like to brag about getting 300 sunny days a year on average. I think we have some catching up to do to keep any braggin' rights.

Cheers, as always. Woof to Jake from Bax.

• Like 4

Just catching up! Glad no one missed me... :)

Well actually I was wondering where you and duder were.
Out of points but, been rather busy setting up my new to me 50 inch plasma and getting good results. More chores to do inside and out. Rainy season still upon us here and, the grass and plants, read flowers keep on growing. Need to go find out about how Hope went down, and look at some pics. :) Cheers my buds!

Edit...out of likes... :)

Edited by billybob
  • Like 3

• Moderators
Surprise delivery !!!

Glad you like them Tigerman, cool picture Thanks.  (room looks great) :emotion-21:

Flying was great fun, it was a really smooth ride with only a few bumps which don't bother me. Her cousin told me be careful it's very additive, I told him that's really easy to see but there is no way I could afford it no matter how much I wanted. :(  

The negative G's were great, he didn't tell me he was going to do it which made it even better, I haven't had the feeling in a long time. He asked me how I was doing I said great that was amazing, he laughed.

That 172 on the left is owned my that man on the left in the hanger pic (white hat ) he is 72 years old and is an instructor, he took up his plane right before we left and flies just for fun now. The man who gave me a ride in that smaller plane has been flying for 30 years and works as a private pilot.

Edited by dtel
  • Like 3

• Moderators

185 again, not bad from 215, i plan on a few more Desserts before i leave Reno. Detel looks to be enjoying the Flyboy lifestyle, and yes it is dam sure pricey. Iv been involved in flying since 8, had i not had a few great paying aerospace gigs in Socal, i would never be able to afford a plane payment. Had i not had my Dad's Aviation related inheritance, i would not be in it today. Last 40 years, im asset rich and cash poor. I will likely be selling my 185SP after the move to Reno area, 26hrs on a plane that is 15 years old, and that is since "New".

That is a lot of weight to loose that fast, but I bet you feel better ?

Flyboy lifestyle no way, wannabe, positively :D  But that can't possibly happen. 

It's going to be hard to sell that plane, with only 26 hours it should be worth a lot to say the least.

One thing I wanted to say is these planes were spotless, inside and out. He said the red 2 set plane had just been repainted not long ago but all of them looked repainted.

This little experimental plane is owned by a friend of his, he said no one here will fly it, it's not a matter of if something will break but when it will break. :o I don't blame him at all.

The other pic was taken at the airport, a gold painted engine, I don't know whet it was out of but looked cool.

post-9700-0-57840000-1430246963_thumb.jp

post-9700-0-53680000-1430246989_thumb.jp

• Like 2

• Moderators
Flying in formation with fellow pilots was another thing I LOVED doing, day OR night,

One thing I quickly found out was how fast I got lost !  It was bad, everything looks completely different and I lost any sense of where I was at quickly. I would imagine all the air time learning to fly would help with that but for someone  "me" who has never been up in the area where we live I was lost even after living in the area for 17 years.

When the pilot would point out things I got it, but after a few turns I was lost again. Although I was not responsible for knowing where we were so I was looking at everything and taking pics, smiling the whole time. :D

I say this because you brought night flying, no way, with no experience with local landmarks I would be in serious trouble quickly. The Cessna had GPS which was cool but the smaller plane I first flew in had nothing to help you figure out where your at, about all I could figure out was when I could see the interstate. Even looking at the pic's I took I have to zoom in close to find landmarks to know where the pic is from, like the downtown pic I posted, I didn't recognize exactly where it was at first, and it's our only little downtown. :o  :D

Edited by dtel
  • Like 4