Cables, Coffee, Cycles, and Cocktails

Tarheel

*Home*

Afternoon gang, back in Norcal, tired, wife talked me into Starbucks just before home, yeah let's see how well this Nap is going to work out.

ya-know when retired, you think about the strangest things sometimes, A Nap has been on my mind for two hours.

Temp is 85+, House seems to be the same, Daughter does not seem to mind for some reason.

Need to cool this puppy down, cannot sleep in that kind of temp!

• Like 8

Hey gang......it's been 10 days or so since I have been on the forum......just got caught up on the thread.

I got a new tablet a few weeks ago, just a cheap one to play games on. So I started playing Simcity.....so I started to build my city and I got totally wraped up in the game...... that's where I have been. I'm not a gamer but I liked this game.....my city was really coming along........then this cheap tablet took a chitt and my city was lost......I'm done with those cheap tablets, that was my 2nd one.

So I kicked you guys to the curb for this dumb a$$ game......will you please take me back......lol lol

Well 2nd cup is done gotta get to the shop......other that the dumb game I have been really busy with all the crap of life....you guys know.

Wishing all a great day......

MKP :-)

• Like 6

A couple of rainy days here.  The vegetation is looking good. 

Guitar practice slowed to a crawl....LF is making more progress than I am.  Bike riding to the front for now.  My butt has finally adjusted to the hard seat.

Breakfast with LF.....lunch with another old geezer and then going to pick up my push mower after tune up.  A 1999 20" John Deere.

Not listening much to the system....pretty normal for me during the summer.  Played the R2R a bit Tuesday to blow the cobs out.  Sad but I' m wondering if I'll spend the money the next time one takes a dive.  I'm able to make playlist on Spotify much the same way and play it back through the DAC with good results.  It would be sad not to watch the big old reels turning though :(

MKP.....welcome back to the fold.  Now where is Joe and JL?

Cheers Ladies :emotion-44: and Gents

Edited by Tarheel
  • Like 7

Morning (I Guess) gang

Out of BEANS! :o :o :o

As the reality sinks in this morning, we took them with us a few weeks back....dam ground Folgers.

May be heading for Santa Cruz for the day/weekend, i might have a couple M4s to pick up.

Wife is good with the coast for a day or so.

If this guy from the CL emails me back, i must keep my word.

• Like 5

• Moderators
So I kicked you guys to the curb for this dumb a$$ game......will you please take me back......lol lol

Sure, but as punishment one thing you should do would be to dust your speakers and electronics, and play some music. It's only right, they could see what was going on and was probably worried. :(  :P

• Like 5

Sure, but as punishment one thing you should do would be to dust your speakers and electronics, and play some music. It's only right, they could see what was going on and was probably worried. :(  :P

OK.....I'm on it......lol lol
  • Like 5

Afternoon gang

Sent the confirmed as of today "Retired" wife, out to run around and fetch "Beans"! and The Duggans :emotion-21:

Me, im just up from Nap, looking for my CL guy to contact me to get those M4s, does not look to be happening.

Folgers and Duggans look to be it for next few hours. 

post-57941-0-33960000-1430425742_thumb.j

• Like 9

Fresh Cracked/Ground Dicikinsons Blend is-a-brewin.

Good Nap, next up, Brownie Bites and shop the CL for possible weekend P/U.

Shopping the Coastal city's, wife loves the coast getaway, i like building the next system.

Month off starts in the morning, planning starts now   :emotion-21::emotion-44:

• Like 4

I've heard that walking 45 minutes a day will lose you one pound a week without changing anything else.

My doc is a proponent of 10,000 steps a day.  I wore a pedometer for quite a while to see if it could be done.  It's very possible, but you have to work for it and also incorporate at least one long walk (30-40 minutes) a day to get there. 

I have been mowing with a push mower lately. It is amazing how much walking that is, especially when you bag it. I haven't owned a push mower for years. I have a rather large parcel to tend to, so it's been John Deere tractor with a 54" belly mower and Shindaiwa weed eater. Now I have that little Toro push mower, and I love it.

• Like 6

May Day, May Day, What exactly is May Day. Which ever, nothing like starting May Day off with a nice cup of coffee.

Third cup of Coffee and im done, waiting on dinner and doing a CL search.

Not doing to well looking for my next "Horns" rather odd items keep poping up on my search.

http://sacramento.craigslist.org/grd/5002691311.html

A little further away than a weekend drive, but here is something you might be interested in.

http://desmoines.craigslist.org/ele/4966379088.html

• Like 6

Happy Friday guys. Busy day yesterday, so I missed ya'll. Gotta stick around the house today since we have some new appliances coming. Dishwasher shot craps so we have to replace it. Wall oven should be in a museum somewhere so we're making a preemptive strike and replacing it now. The joy of home ownership. Been using a 'self-paced' Toro push mower for a few years now. Don't have a large lot and much of it is planted with perennial/flower beds so no need for more.

Welcome back MKP! Check back in a bit if the appliance guys don't interfere too much.

• Like 7

Morning guys.....well late morning....

No shop today and will be closed till Mon or Tue. My boss (wife) told me we are going to Ocean City for a few days. So me as a good employee said "OK"..

Just took the wife her 1st cup. I'm working on my 2nd cup and have been on the CL looking for stuff I don't need. We will leave in a few hours.....no kids, no shop, no used car guys to deal with...oh yea..

Wishing all a great Friday

MKP :-)

• Like 6