Cables, Coffee, Cycles, and Cocktails

Tarheel

Good afternoon gang

Just up from Nap, cold coffee is good.

Waiting for the wife, to see whats happening w/jury service.

I wake up with three things on my mind, Cranked "Anna" PipeOrgan Tune, Drinkin, Tacos. 

Even though it's only Monday, and since i dont DO Mondays, i will skip to the good parts of Tuesday.

post-57941-0-00940000-1430779739_thumb.j

Edited by minermark
  • Like 6

Just let the wife know, she is good to go for the next couple days.....retirement is good.

When you can just drop whatever meaningless plans for the next couple days and just GO :emotion-21::emotion-19:

This will be her little Retirement celebration, so yeah got to do it :wub2:

• Like 8

Good evening my friends...   :)

Dtel, thanks for sharing your photos, your outdoor space looks like some that I have seen at restaurants which have outdoor dining ^_^

Your idea about using an automotive receiver is nothing new for me.   I installed one at folks back in the MID 70ies and has been outside in a wooden, cedar sided and asphalt roofed micro shed since those days,   LONG before CDs came out in the mid 80ies, this one is cassette based and has been running until my step dad passed away in the late fall.............house for sale, not sure what will happen with the patio sound system.   I am not interested.

However, I stopped by AutoZone last month, and they have a couple of auto receivers with high output amps and a USB jack on the front for low $$$...

Chuck, I am looking at a pair of TIC ASP-120 outdoor speakers in WHITE.   They have a very good freq. response (35 to 19khz) with a 6.5" bass driver and front loaded port.  Come with 180 degree mounts and are basically waterproof, ABS cabs and alum. grills.

I had a thought yesterday that I could pick up a low cost indoor receiver, but I have a nice space inside my natural gas grill.  Since there is NO tank in the lower cabinet, and the grill is always covered, this may be the ideal place to keep it out of the weather, yet close to the speakers...   I have some very nice photos which I will have to get together and then send along...

Side note for Mark................    Mark, if you are not interested in BIG sound pressure PA/Concert performance sound, why not just high mount a pair of Klipsch Hersey speakers on the hanger wall with a modest amp ??   Beats flying from the rafters with heavy weighted line arrays and steal cables and safety links etc....!   I'd give that a thought, and I think they would certainly fill the bill :)

Ok, all for the moment, again thanks for the suggestions ;)

.....Gary

• Like 6

Good evening my friends...   :)

Dtel, thanks for sharing your photos, your outdoor space looks like some that I have seen at restaurants which have outdoor dining ^_^

Your idea about using an automotive receiver is nothing new for me.   I installed one at folks back in the MID 70ies and has been outside in a wooden, cedar sided and asphalt roofed micro shed since those days,   LONG before CDs came out in the mid 80ies, this one is cassette based and has been running until my step dad passed away in the late fall.............house for sale, not sure what will happen with the patio sound system.   I am not interested.

However, I stopped by AutoZone last month, and they have a couple of auto receivers with high output amps and a USB jack on the front for low $$$...

Chuck, I am looking at a pair of TIC ASP-120 outdoor speakers in WHITE.   They have a very good freq. response (35 to 19khz) with a 6.5" bass driver and front loaded port.  Come with 180 degree mounts and are basically waterproof, ABS cabs and alum. grills.

I had a thought yesterday that I could pick up a low cost indoor receiver, but I have a nice space inside my natural gas grill.  Since there is NO tank in the lower cabinet, and the grill is always covered, this may be the ideal place to keep it out of the weather, yet close to the speakers...   I have some very nice photos which I will have to get together and then send along...

Side note for Mark................    Mark, if you are not interested in BIG sound pressure PA/Concert performance sound, why not just high mount a pair of Klipsch Hersey speakers on the hanger wall with a modest amp ??   Beats flying from the rafters with heavy weighted line arrays and steal cables and safety links etc....!   I'd give that a thought, and I think they would certainly fill the bill :)

Ok, all for the moment, again thanks for the suggestions ;)

.....Gary

Agree w/Heresy idea, im open to just about anything, have well over a year if i think about it. it's just that right now i have the time for research, just really need to get out to some airparks and see what the guys are happy with.

• Like 7

Time for some Tunes, shop for my FIRST senior room rate, God i never thought id say that!

Rooms Monday thru Thursday are killer rates.

That and shop the local Cl, just got to do that.

Wife ask me if we are going shooting...good wife. i said not this time, taking the Toyota and cannot fourwheel in that :o  

• Like 7

.........ok Mark, I thought you may like that idea, it would be simple AND effective I am sure :)

NEWS!  Just purchased from Amazon the TIC ASP-120 outdoor speakers in white.  

Dtel and Chuck........  I also ordered the Sherwood RX-4208 stereo receiver - a new model = LOW price...   I have been brainstorming myself for a long while on where an INDOOR receiver or amp would live on the deck and it hit me just TODAY!

Since we have a very good natural gas grill  (Vermont Castings) with a large stainless steel storage cabinet underneath, why not put it in there??  The total grill cover will keep the rain and snow out as always when not in use..

There is no propane bottle in there so it is a roomy space for the gear.   No heat, grease or anything like that EVER gets into this lower space, as it is totally protected from the grill for accessories AND the battery powered LED lighting system built into the grill and knobs for after dark use...

So there it is, solution to my deck audio system project.  Whole system with TAX and no shipping charge was about $220...  I believe there will be plenty of full range quality sound (by the reviews I have read) for us and our neighbors that just happen to love the music we play here :emotion-19:  :emotion-21:  :emotion-29:  :emotion-29: we are very fortunate :D ...

Stay tuned for more on this as it goes...

I'm off to bed for now................more later on..

.........Gary

• Like 8

• Moderators
Since we have a very good natural gas grill (Vermont Castings) with a large stainless steel storage cabinet underneath, why not put it in there?? The total grill cover will keep the rain and snow out as always when not in use..

Sounds like a good idea, I can't believe the price on that Sherwood, that's really cheap and should work well. Both of you will love having music out there, you will probably find yourself spending more time out there just relaxing. It's also nice when working out there to have something playing, everything is better with music. Very nice

• Like 5

• Moderators
Me finishing "the" race:

That's funny, but your right it can be a workout, you use every muscle you have, and racing would be really tough. Nice pictures

• Like 4

Good morning coffee gang...   Dtel, you are correct.  I have been enjoying music outdoors with various sources and I have to say, the best sounding so far was the Bose Wave system first introduced to the deck last season...

You know how small those things are, but outdoors and placed near the house  on the deck, the bass is excellent.    I could run the volume level to around 85 which is just about when the limiter starts to activate and yet is plenty loud enough to satisfy BOTH of my neighbors homes.   They LOVE the jazz or new age music I play.

The only one that complains is Chris, as he thinks it is too loud, but I assure him that everyone is cool with it in the homes joining our back yard, NEVER a complaint.     However, with the potential of this new system, I will probably try NOT to get too carried away since it will be a clean, 200 watt system :emotion-21:  :emotion-29:

Mark, I HIGHLY recommend the Vermont Castings.   It is built like a tank and the cover has the very heavy cast iron sides.   The model here has the SIX burners and the nat. gas makes it so convenient, added the nat. gas deck heater last summer which extended our out door dinners into the fall :smile:  (41,000 btu burner in that thing !!)

Hey there Mustang,  thanks for the photos,  I noted the very nice '65 Galaxy 500 in the background....   Still have it ?

Again, I will try and get some photos together for you all...

..........enjoy the day........   :emotion-29:

Edited by Tigerman
  • Like 6

Morning gang......

I could not post yesterday.......could not get on the internet, the wi-fi at the condo sucked. Me and the wife are back from the beach. Was going to take today off and just chill at the house, but our son called us on the way home and said his Honda Element was not running right.....so that is at the shop waiting for me. Then a customer called and said they dropped there Jeep off, there brakes are grinding.......so off to the shop I go.....and I'm sure the used car lot guys have some crapp going on.....lol lol

Sounds like all is getting ready for the good weather......this year will be the 1st year for my deck....on yea.....Klipsch and Carver for the tunes.

OK gang gotta run...... agood day to all

MKP :-)

• Like 6

Had a nice bike ride this morning. Both of us are starting a diet to drop five pounds.....so that's going to be fun :mellow:  Going to start off on Atkins.  Bought steaks and chicken yesterday to get ready.

Sounds like everyone has their summer projects and getting out there in the weather.  Reminds me of that Buffett song The Weather Is Here Wish you were beautiful :o

Enjoying the write ups and photos from Hope.  If I start making plans now me and the LF may try to attend next year.  If I do I hope to see some of you there.

Cheers Ladies :emotion-44: and Gents

• Like 7

Mornin' everybody. Pretty much business as usual here as well. Nothing but rain in the forecast so outdoor projects on hold. Making plans for a couple of summer trips, one of which is to see the kids in Germany one more time before they transfer out. Fun but really expensive.

2 cups down and gotta run. Later ............. and cheers.

• Like 6

Morning Ganng

Working on second cup, still slow, incomplete brain function(s) :blink2:

I see in my Cameras, wife is cleaning her car, whoops here she comes, Ah feeding the birds :emotion-21:

Guess i better get with the program, retirement party time :emotion-21::emotion-19::emotion-41:

• Like 6