Cables, Coffee, Cycles, and Cocktails

Tarheel

Did I miss something, what happened to Steve, and even Earl?

Steve decided to leave the forum.  I never saw a stated reason.  I really enjoyed his posts.  Earl changed his name to GBNF (gone but not forgotten) and never really stated a reason that I could find.  He did post once looking for someone that he was trying to sell some speakers to but that was the last one I saw.

• Like 4

Which post did he say good by,  I seen the one in NOSValves post, but didn't take it that he was leaving.  Just thinking about it.  Oh well, Good luck to you Steve, I will miss your Ketchup comments.

• Like 4

What a week here!   Will miss my bud Steve :sad:    Just a couple of thoughts......

We started this thread 389 pages ago and I am most proud that there hasn't been one hostile word exchanged among the regulars or visitors here.  Yes I know we don't discuss earth shattering topics and nothing very controversial here. I know more about each one of you from our time here together.  I know about Joe's move to NC, Gary's work on organs, Carl's martinis, Chuck's music and his new buddy Baxter,  MKP's auto shop, Brian's quips and hot sauce, dtels adventures, duder's music, JL's humor, Sancho's brevity, billybobs travels, and Mark's passions.  Taz, mustang guy, Earl, schu, sputnik, Dave, BigStewMan, and others popped in from time to time and were always entertaining. 

We even stay on topic once in awhile but we consider that just an aberration and quickly go off on a dozen tangents.  I love it.... like a Cheer's bar where everyone knows your name.  JB started a thread long ago "3 Minutes To Miller Time" that was similar and a good place to hang out.  Mark now has his Scotch and Cigar thread, and Tigerman is continuing Boxx's work in RTM.  It's all great fun.

So where is he going with all this?  No where really....just saying I enjoy hearing from each of you and sharing my morning coffee with some fine folks. 

As always.......

Cheers Ladies :emotion-44: and Gents

Now after six years I finally reach my 1,000th post.  Slow at typing or facinating reading, I don't know. 

Over the years I have read so many interesting direct conversations on the forum between individuals.  In many instances the participants do have completely different worldviews; yet, the adults in the conversations neither attack each other personally.

Recently I witnessed that type of dialogue between the BigStewMan and mdeneen where they just shared what they believed in their hearts.  I would have loved to see that thread continue (especially since this quarter close caused me to miss the last few pages) and have those two individuals continue to explore their own beliefs and go deeper into why they respectively believe what they believe.

However, as with any open forum and group conversation, the topic moves and changes rather quickly and others often feel the need to “jump” in without any inkling as to the topic or tone and completely reverse the thread.  During the discussion of their respective ideologies (note they were expressing ideologies and not political views), they both seemed to know they were in a thread that was started with an extremely obvious political overtone.  Of the posts that I was privileged to read, the entire time their conversation was friendly and brought out some fantastic and very interesting discussion; one of those discussions where actual learning has been rumored to happen from time to time on an internet forum.  I thought the thread would be able to continue for that very reason and I feel extremely disappointed I missed the last few posts from the BigStewMan.

BigStewMan, I salute you for being an inspiration and positive role model on the forum! :emotion-21:  

PS:  I'll never be able to enoy ketchup in the same way now that you are gone. :sad: 

• Like 9

• Moderators

Persistent Macho Syndrome?  Yep. we all got it.

I'm not going to say anything, after 36 year of training you would think I would have caught some of it, but not really. :o

• Like 4

• Moderators
unless you're one of those guys that puts all that flavored foo foo creamers in your coffee

Hey that's not fair, :(  Ok I can live without the creamers but I do need something to make it a little sweet, I can't drink cowboy coffee.   :D

• Like 3

• Moderators

What a week here!   Will miss my bud Steve :sad:    Just a couple of thoughts......

We started this thread 389 pages ago and I am most proud that there hasn't been one hostile word exchanged among the regulars or visitors here.  Yes I know we don't discuss earth shattering topics and nothing very controversial here. I know more about each one of you from our time here together.  I know about Joe's move to NC, Gary's work on organs, Carl's martinis, Chuck's music and his new buddy Baxter,  MKP's auto shop, Brian's quips and hot sauce, dtels adventures, duder's music, JL's humor, Sancho's brevity, and Mark's passions.  Taz and BigStewMan popped in from time to time and were always entertaining. 

We even stay on topic once in awhile but we consider that just an aberration and quickly go off on a dozen tangents.  I love it.... like a Cheer's bar where everyone knows your name.  JB started a thread long ago "3 Minutes To Miller Time" that was similar and a good place to hang out.  Mark now has his Scotch and Cigar thread, and Tigerman is continuing Boxx's work in RTM.  It's all great fun.

So where is he going with all this?  No where really....just saying I enjoy hearing from each of you and sharing my morning coffee with some fine folks. 

As always.......

Cheers Ladies :emotion-44: and Gents

What a nice tribute to a great thread. Couldn't have expressed it as well. It's about the fellowship. Thanks, Chuck.

True, Tarheel is the man, but he forgot his part, which has been up and down for him to say the least, but he has always been fair and respectful to everyone even when he had some really rough times.

Thanks Tarheel, hope everything continues to be good for you, well it sure looks like it's going great, a new best friend and maby even a second.

• Like 6

and I am grinding my own beans now.......progress  :rolleyes:

funny you mention that Chuck,  when I go to make coffee my wife says "I'll do that I like to grind your beans"...........................................sometimes I have to wonder exactly what she means  -_-

• Like 5