Cables, Coffee, Cycles, and Cocktails

Tarheel

Morning all.  Friday at last.  Have a lot of work lined up at the house this weekend.  To paraphrase an old saying, a bad day at home is still better than a good day at work.  Hope you all have a great day.

• Like 7

Good Friday Morning, (had to check the day)

Yes Mr Crow T Robot has been on my mind for quite some time, will be making this talk/eyes/turn head other functions.

These days quality/authentic Bots are out there, been awile since iv done a Bot.

Full pot of fresh Grind is-a-perkin.

Now that the wife is home, there is NO such thing as wasted Coffee, that pot is empty in two hours  :emotion-21:  :emotion-44:  :emotion-44: 

Housing search continues, this last time up Reno way talked to a bar owner an told him the kind of area i was looking for and turns out, exactly the area he lives in!

• Like 6

Good morning starshine.  The earth says hello!

I'm on my last batch so it's time for Aldi and some cheap beans.

I hear ya on the lawn maintenance Mustang.  Every time I have the time to mow it either rains or the ground is too wet already.  It's becoming a temperate rain forest around here.  Of course in the summer it won't be and I'll have to hire the local Comanches for a rain dance.

• Like 6

Our grass needs a good cutting and, of course, it's raining and some snow is possible on Mother's Day. ##!!@!! Reminds me of May about 10 years ago. Had to drive from Grand Junction on the western slope back to Denver. Ignored the warning signs and got caught up in a white out on the Vail Pass. Fortunately I was in my old, trusty Pathfinder (with real 4WD) and followed a trucker who knew the pass better than I did. It was just raining a little when I got down in the Denver area. Springtime in the Rockies, eh?

Have a great weekend, all and cheers.

• Like 5

No need to have Lawn worries here anymore, most of the lawn has gone crab and needs mowin, if i water it i will no doubt be fined.

I spect there will be a lot of chitty lookin lawns on the block/area in the next month.

Too many "Snitchs" in suburbia.

• Like 7

Good Saturday morning friends ......

Ok, about to start the morning here... Fresh, organic pancake mix (I always do the entire box) an get about 14, 8" cakes. Freeze and good for three more breakfasts..

......but anyway, I dug this out of the garage, a gift from a late friend. I have never used it, and may have to dig up directions on fresh grind consistency (course maybe?) as this is new to me.

So, an all glass Pyrex percolator about to be put back into service..... See how it goes, and it will be Starbucks Italian roast and some brand new mugs I bought this week for the occasion ;0)

Back with more shortly...

..........Garyimage.jpg2_44.jpg

• Like 6

Nice find Gary.  Envy you getting to eat pancakes.....I love them but I'm dieting :(

Tropical storm off the coast.  Sunny one minute pouring the nest.  Got to walk the critter in between showers. 

LF off to WV for mothers day.  My mom has been gone since 2004. 

On a brighter note had grilled salmon with herbed butter on the green egg last night and a good salad with LF and her beautiful 18 y/o niece.  Later we got into the hot tub for a bit :wub:   Belvedere martinis.  Still later watched a good Jack Ryan movie on Netflix.  Drove home at 2:30am to check on the critter.  The ladies were leaving at 6:00am for Wheeling.

Hope you all have great weekends and as always

Cheers Ladies :emotion-44: and Gents

• Like 5

Well, after a rough couple of days in the Forum it's calm, peaceful, and a beautiful morning on Galveston Bay.  Roasted some Sulawesi Toarco (peaberry) in my favorite cast iron fry pan and am perusing the Forums whilst working on a 10 cup moka pot.

The PAW is off to a seminar for the day, and once the boy is up and we have breakfast we may binge watch Max Headroom.  He'd never heard of it and is going to get a t't't't'treat from it.  Unfortunately, not a single Zik Zak bar in the house.

Dave

• Like 4

Have a good day Chuck, your evening sounded complete with fine eats :0)

Ok, here are the results..... I got excellent directions and did up a course grind.. Very good, more like a fine restaurant coffee (0;

So, while the pancakes are stacking up and staying warm in the oven for eating, here is a photo sporting the brand new D&D mugs picked earlier this week...

Enjoy your morning everyone....

........Garyimage.jpg1_221.jpg

• Like 4

Mornin' all. Our delightful weather continues and I can hear the grass laughing at me as it grows by leaps and bounds knowing that I am powerless to stop it. I will get my revenge maybe next Tuesday or so. At least the crummy weather is keeping me off the ladder for home improvement projects this weekend.

Chuck .... that salmon sounds good. Do you ever cook it on a wood plank? (Like cedar, alder, etc.) Not hard to do and it turns out really good. If you haven't tried it, I can provide a few pointers.

Gotta get some Mother's Day stuff done so will try to check back later. Cheers to ya'll.

• Like 4

Have a good day Chuck, your evening sounded complete with fine eats :0)

Ok, here are the results..... I got excellent directions and did up a course grind.. Very good, more like a fine restaurant coffee (0;

So, while the pancakes are stacking up and staying warm in the oven for eating, here is a photo sporting the brand new D&D mugs picked earlier this week...

Enjoy your morning everyone....

........Garyimage.jpg1_221.jpg

If your grinding, play with the grind, i suppose it depends on the bean, slightly rough grind works well for my Major Dickinsons blend, and it should be done right about now..... :emotion-44:

• Like 5

Nice find Gary.  Envy you getting to eat pancakes.....I love them but I'm dieting :(

Tropical storm off the coast.  Sunny one minute pouring the nest.  Got to walk the critter in between showers. 

LF off to WV for mothers day.  My mom has been gone since 2004. 

On a brighter note had grilled salmon with herbed butter on the green egg last night and a good salad with LF and her beautiful 18 y/o niece.  Later we got into the hot tub for a bit :wub:   Belvedere martinis.  Still later watched a good Jack Ryan movie on Netflix.  Drove home at 2:30am to check on the critter.  The ladies were leaving at 6:00am for Wheeling.

Hope you all have great weekends and as always

Cheers Ladies :emotion-44: and Gents

Morning Chuck, yep mine and Erins mom has been gone for a few years, it matters not, Erin will be getting the Queen's treatment for the next few days, im not only reminded of the day, but the weekend, it's all good.

I could take her to a local winery, with us, it only takes one. sippin my butt, i get a buzz when going to those places, so when we hit one the next stop is home :emotion-21:

Edited by minermark
  • Like 7