Cables, Coffee, Cycles, and Cocktails

Tarheel

We must do something for bob and or his Diner when we leave, any ideas? Looking at Carrot Cake.....dam man

Absolutely.  Leave him carrot cake.

UPDATE:

One of the "Hanger Rats" turns out to be Bobs landlord, I ask him what he wanted for his $1100 month income from bob,

(one acre) $22K, was his reply, gave him 23K cash and i told him to go tell Bob his "New" landlord was an azzhole.

Also ask him NOT to say who it was. Looks like ill be flyin back south to give Bob a present for life. about a month i figure.

Wile he was being a great Host during our stay, he stated many a winter paying the lease or staying open, was always in his thoughts........i can and will fix this because i can.

Undocumented cash from the hanger "Sales" so really it cost me nothing, but sure will make someone happy.

You are one awesome dude!   :wub:  You just made this man's whole day....probably his whole life Mark!  Well, you will make his whole life when you give him his gift.  Thank you for being such a great person.  This just made my evening.  

What a hoot, not to long after i posted this i got a call from my book keeper, he said there will be some tax after reading my expense report ( i gave him a shoebox full) last week.

My Dad knew his Dad back in the 60s/70s, pretty good guy to take over the family Biz. 

• Like 7

Very generous thing to do Mark, very nice, this will change his life. B) And it will make your dad smile. :)

Now you do know when you do something like this it always comes back to you in the future, it just does, and you will deserve it. :emotion-21:

That's great

Should be a hoot in about a month or so when we go back down there, i know it will make his life as well as take care of his family.

Bugged him a couple times wile there to burn my Burger, he wondered why, told him we pretty much ate Bison burgers and if and when we ate beef, i really did not want to taste it.

Next day he had fresh Bison, and, Heinz Catsup for the wife.

Free hook ups for a week, free wifi, free desserts, coffee first thing in the morning even though he was not due to open for hours.

Called us at the Hanger a couple times wanting to know if we were to be there for dinner, his wife only baked pies if she knew they would be ate the same day.

• Like 6

• Moderators

Sounds like a really good guy, but still what your doing is over the top, it is great it's going to someone who deserves a gift like this.

Good for you two, it will come back, it always does. It's great you and the wife can do this, very nice.

• Like 6

Sounds like a really good guy, but still what your doing is over the top, it is great it's going to someone who deserves a gift like this.

Good for you two, it will come back, it always does. It's great you and the wife can do this, very nice.

Remembering some things that come back to me.

One day he has Troopers sitting there for lunch, here come the wife and i driving up in the Golf cart, when getting out of the Cart trooper spots the 44 iv got stuffed in my belt, both were i guess heading for the door to take me down? Bob yelled at them before they got to the door, we came in, had a nice lunch, bob said maybe put the gun under the seat or something. his wife told us this a few days later.

• Like 6

Good Thursday morning friends......... :emotion-44:

Very nice gesture Mark!, well done and DO let us know their reaction won't you?  Surely they will be overwhelmed :smile:  :emotion-21:

Carl, you may or may not know ( some on the forum caught it), but I had a forum member (never met in person) to my home for a FULL DAY of music listening a little over a week ago.  He flew into Boston, then drove 2 hours here in a rental.   Came with fine vinyl selections which sounded SO good.  We started planning the day last year!   Everyone on RTM knows my doors are always open, but I know it is a long trip for most everyone to get out here...  I know that Chuck has requested more photos of the day.........I have them, just need to upload ;) 

On topic, just wanted you let you, while  working on the road yesterday, me and a co-worker stopped at a D&D's for coffee and snacks.   I noted some good looking MUGS in a few different colors.   After a quick thought, I bought the MERCH, and will post Saturday morning for you all..

Enjoy your day everyone :) 

..............Gary

Edited by Tigerman
  • Like 5

A quick good morning to you all.  Yes Mark a very nice thing you did. 

I myself enjoy having people over from the forum.  I don't have alot of music buddies close by, so when ever folks are traveling here for business.  I try to make it a point to have them over, and put a face to some.  Well got to run, have a good one guys.

• Like 8

Mornin' all. Probably a slow day but we'll see. Having lunch with my niece which is great since my own kid lives so far away. May be playing some tunes with my guitar buddy this afternoon. That's always fun and a learning opportunity for me since he's been an accomplished pro and I'm truly an amateur. Still waiting for a break in the crappy weather so I get get on our outdoor projects. Sorta like being all dressed up with no place to go!

Mark ... that was a really nice gesture. Helping others is where it's at in this life. Later guys .........

• Like 7

Carl, you may or may not know ( some on the forum caught it), but I had a forum member (never met in person) to my home for a FULL DAY of music listening a little over a week ago. He flew into Boston, then drove 2 hours here in a rental. Came with fine vinyl selections which sounded SO good. We started planning the day last year! Everyone on RTM knows my doors are always open, but I know it is a long trip for most everyone to get out here... I know that Chuck has requested more photos of the day.........I have them, just need to upload

Those are the best times.  Jeff (JLSargent) came over one Friday after thanksgiving to listen to some music.  His in-laws live an hour away.  He's been coming over annually on that day ever since.  We plan on it and I really look forward to his visits.

• Like 7

Bugged him a couple times wile there to burn my Burger, he wondered why, told him we pretty much ate Bison burgers and if and when we ate beef, i really did not want to taste it.

Next day he had fresh Bison, and, Heinz Catsup for the wife.

Free hook ups for a week, free wifi, free desserts, coffee first thing in the morning even though he was not due to open for hours.

Called us at the Hanger a couple times wanting to know if we were to be there for dinner, his wife only baked pies if she knew they would be ate the same day.

My sister brought some Moose burgers down from Alaska a couple of weeks ago for me to throw on the grill.  Good stuff!  Lean like bison and mild flavor.  

• Like 6

Morning Gang

Looks like we are in a small low pressure loop for a few days.

The reason we left Reno early morning yesterday.

News this morning has as i suspected, 80 closed both directions truck crash due to Hail, 6" snow for a couple hours.

If we would have stayed till noon we would have been in it.

Wife walks into the Cave this morning, not asking for anything besides, how is that Distillers Edition doing?

She had a few Nips, and knows the difference also, she has good taste.

No neighbor complaints yesterday, amazing, and i pushed this system, Lucky?

• Like 8

I noticed everyone talking about the (Grind).

I thought everyone here was doing that, hell the wife i cannot stop !

When Grinding the Major Dickinsons Beans, i throw in a couple tablespoons of Folgers Columbian just to thin it out a Tad.

Edited by minermark
  • Like 6

Me and the wife grind every morning.......... sometimes in the evening...........

I couldn't complain about that.

Good one duder!

Envy you guys with forum members near by.  My bud bluesboy moved out to Washington state a couple of years ago and our Sunday taping/listening sessions ended.

Maybe Steve will stop by when he hits the road :)

Bison and Moose.....never tried either.  Bet a moose would yield a bunch of burgers.

Cheers Ladies :emotion-44: and Gents

• Like 7

Just left the cave to fetch another cup, raining and im barefoot for the 30' walk.

Wife huddled in chair corner of patio watching.

I yell, hey your Retired, bring me a cup will ya ?  well that went over well.

Better not push my luck, im getting Bacon and eggs midweek, this just does not happen. i think she has eyes on the Lagavulin.

• Like 7