Cables, Coffee, Cycles, and Cocktails

Tarheel

All Heat goes out an old Dryer vent that I happened to have in just the perfect spot.

Comes with Vent hose, like a dryer; also a window adapter kit for the vent hose.

They are wonderful for my den, with the high ceiling, it's hard to cool & heat.

Never seen one before and have a question, where does the heat go on those units ? The whole thing is in the room and every AC I have ever seen puts out heat, just wondering ?
Edited by Sancho Panza
  • Like 5

Afternoon folks. Missed ya this a.m.

MKP .. I agree with Mark. Find a lawyer and I'd suggest one who works in both the criminal and family law areas or is part of a firm with both specialties.  Check for references and Martindale Hubble ratings. This country is turning into an authoritarian police state at an alarming rate the past few years. Keep us informed, ok? Bless you and your family.

Chuck

• Like 6

Good late evening everyone..................SO much to talk about.........but, I will say this concerning MKP's family situation.... 

As a 63 year old guy with a 60 year old sister, we got smacked on MANY an occasion as kids!!   Dad's whipping tool, was his belt and that would sting!   Mom's 'weapon' of choice was a wooden spoon.

(you may find this comical and relate a story or two here of your own..... ^_^ )

Two biggest noises of fear back in the day were, my dad charging toward our bedroom, punching the old push button dinning room light switch (in our 100 year old rented house)  and the sound of his leather belt flying through those belt loops on his pants!  

The other?, my mom digging into the utensil drawer in the kitchen and slamming it behind her...............we KNEW we were in for painful trouble then :o !!

What was all this fuss about?  My sister and I carrying on, laughing and having a good time long after 'lights out' when we should be getting to sleep for school the next morning.....  

How did we turn out?   Just fine.........no criminal records, no jail time, NADA :D !!

No such thing as 'melt downs' followed by a 'time out' .....

Ok, just thought I would add...............best wishes MKP on a resolution for you and family ...

.............Gary

• Like 8

^^^^ Thanks guys...Yea got a lawyer, one that does criminal stuff just like this...me and the wife are "OK" with our legal stuff...it's our daughter. The lawyer was a DA in our county for 15 years...she know just how this chitt works.

Thanks to all that PMed me I'll get back with soon.

I have been on Joe's thread throwing some stuff at him about his car. Hope I can be some help for him.

A good night to all..

MKP :-)

• Like 6

Morning Gang

First thing, hit the Depot on the way out to the farm today, electrical to get started before it heats up to the hottest day of this year so far, 104 predicted.

l'll have a Beer in my hand back home by that time :emotion-21::emotion-22:

Coffee, parts list, oh yeah, he must know im up, farmer just called and ask me to pick up a new dishwasher as long as im there :emotion-41:

Everyone stay cool today :mellow:

• Like 9

Mornig guys......1st cup down and off to the shop for another great day of life.....like mom always said "someone has it worse than you" .....very true....just trying to keep my head out of my a$$....

Nice cool day yesterday, gonna be a bit hotter today......gotta few of my buds cars coming in today, always good to help them out...plus they pay me cash....

OK gang gotta roll....check in later.....

MKP :-)

• Like 7

Cooler here this morning....only making it to 89.  Coffee, breakfast, dog walk, bike ride done.  LF is a machine....she keeps on going after I head home.  I get the first shower this way.....plus I'm older. 

Tried out Flicker last night after reading the thread on photo hosting.  Lot of fun making albums.  Haven't figured out how to move a pic from one album to another album.  Haven't tried posting pics from Flicker yet so pointers are welcome.  Yes...I'm lazy.

Keep the photos coming Gary.....I think we both are visually oriented (a reference that people rely on one of the senses more than other senses).  I enjoy the photos and thanks for making the effort.

Cute kids Dave! 

Welcome back Steve and Joe.  Good luck with the car Joe!

Random photos for testing purposes.

Cheers Ladies :emotion-44: and Gents

post-17365-0-68220000-1435242906_thumb.j

post-17365-0-43340000-1435242925_thumb.j

• Like 8

Like the RTR Tarheel and nothing wrong from my POV to criticize. It can be a smooth sound, yet dynamic tape,imo.

The best to the new Volvo owner there. Am certain it should be a nice and fun ride together. Best wishes!

Mark,

Thanks MKP for talking with Joe. Mechanics like my 2 brothers both had their own patience level, and knowledge level.

To take the time for a mechanic to help others, while off hours shows you are patient and generous, having known the brother who became auto mechanic. He said, one day I threw my hammer while working and was through. At least  he continues to work on his own, and friends. He was an excellent mechanic, and still knows, now about everything,lol Good fortune in your career and pleasure to be here.

Sancho, it may have been the Sweett rain water turned water into light coffee at wellpump.

Read this and that real quick, and thinking now, it may be related to aquifer level caused the prob.

Has cleared up at pump and, not going to run through indoor system until run some more clear water out onto watering plants, flowers.

Cleared around 95+ percent by eyes on it stat. May have been just one of those things. Will proceed with caution, and will have a water test done.  And use my nosy nose to detect.Thinking now, it is mostly red clay, as is what locals would call Georgia clay.

Another day in what locals call ...hot.

• Like 5

Busy morning guys. (Yeah, it's still morning here by a few minutes). Monthly cleaning crew plus carpet guys putting down new pad in finished basement. Had some rain water come in when we were out of town and had hellacious storms. Our painter friend was here and saved our butts by pulling up carpet, getting rid of wet pad and drying the carpet. Still getting some afternon storms.

• Like 5

• Moderators

On my second cup, then it's time to be a hot sauce factory.

When do we get to see the pictures of the natives squashing hot peppers with their feet?

I surely don't want to see that, I like the stuff.

• Like 4

On my second cup, then it's time to be a hot sauce factory.

When do we get to see the pictures of the natives squashing hot peppers with their feet?

I surely don't want to see that, I like the stuff.

You haven't seen the natives yet.

• Like 4