Cables, Coffee, Cycles, and Cocktails

Tarheel

Evening gang

Iced coffee w/Duggans :emotion-21:

McM unload is done, Returned trailer today, unloaded it yesterday with one neighbor in 30 Min. piece of cake.

Of course they are just 5' inside the door of the wifes garage :ph34r2:

Not even really going to think about them for the next month, to many summer projects already :wacko2:

• Like 8

Good evening Mark and OT.............Mark, glad all is settled at last.......hope to see some new photos once the system is set...... :emotion-21:

We got back from the field work at 8:45pm, just short of a 13 hr. day :wacko2: !   Tomorrow will be a little shorter, lets tuning to finish up, and Chris will be my co-worker.... :smile:

Hey there Morey, send along some photos of that press, I would like to see them!

Anyway, once settled in at home, took photos of the deck tonight to share with you the after dark look.   We are expected to have severe weather tomorrow!, so I don't know what will be left of delicate plants and such when we get home in the evening.   I heard something about a tornado watch !!!!!! :ohmy:  :ohmy:   

NOT AGAIN!, when the rare tornado went through downtown (only 12 miles away, and F3) 4 years ago this month, the parameter winds took out a tree that came crashing through the end of the deck!   Missed the glass table, and the umbrella was folded so they were ok.   The grill took some dents, not bad, BUT, the deck damage needed a contractor to put it all back together..., another to remove the tree, as we had NO access out the kitchen or dinning room sliders to the deck...  The gutters and roof edge took a hit and had to be replaced..

Ok, more tomorrow, again, thanks for your kind compliments on all photos etc..

G'night

...............Gary......... :sleep:

• Like 4

Morning Gang

West coast time still throwing me a loop, or is it the fresh Dickinsons Blend..hummm.

Big day today, get to roll the trash can to the curb (30'), and later, my retired lifestyle will be rewarded with Taco Tuesday :)

90s today and warming to 100s by Friday. 2am and 75 in the Cave, projects sitting on every desk/bench.

BS thread looks to be getting some interesting input, should be quite entertaining today :emotion-21:

post-57941-0-22100000-1435050895_thumb.j

post-57941-0-32020000-1435050911_thumb.p

• Like 5

A long day Gary!  Like the big sub woofer on rollers.....wonder how it would sound in my small 22'X16 room. 

Saved a drowning bug in Jake's water bowl yesterday and the darn thing showed his appreciation by stinging me :angry:  Sore finger this morning....must have left a stinger behind.

Heat advisory in effect.....again.

GM diet update.  Down to 183.6 from 189.0 Sunday morning. 

It's Tuesday retirees.....worker bees.....one more day to hump day.

Cheers Ladies :emotion-44: and Gents

• Like 4

A few shots of LF's new XC60.  Blurry photos due to heat and humidity.....sorry!

Tarheel tell the LF she made a GOOD choice :emotion-21:

Cannot as of yet talk the wife into one of these, she is pretty well set on her "Last Car" being a Lexas.

We shop after the next house move.

• Like 5

Happy Tuesday guys. Thanks for all of the fabulous pictures Gary. Enjoy the Volvo with LF, Chuck. I had one in the fairly distant past and recall that they are fine cars and built to last. Yesterday was fairly busy but the day wound up with a fine concert at Denver Botanic Gardens ... saw Ricky Skaggs, Ry Cooder and Sharon White as part of their tour.  I think Skaggs and Cooder have some 20 Grammies between them. If you have any liking for the genre (bluegrass, etc) this is a good show to catch.

Cheers to all!!

• Like 5

Learned a few things about Volvo while looking at cars with the LF.  Volvo has phased out V8s and will soon do the same with 6 cylinder units.  LF's has a 4 cyl with both turbo and supercharging which makes pretty good power across the usable range.  The shift lever when pushed to the left causes the shift to "sport" mode.  You can then use the paddle shifters on the steering wheel.  302 hp but it's still a heavy beast and yes the ride is pretty darn good.

BTW....I still have my 2008 Volvo V70 with 50k miles.  No issues to date though the 3.2 does not give great gas mileage.

My other wheels is a

post-17365-0-07700000-1435068925_thumb.j

• Like 5

Have finally found a brew method I prefer to my Aeropress. I am now cold brewing . I started with a 12 -14 hour soak and now do a 24 hour soak making tomorrows coffee as I filter todays. This method follows the K.I.S.S. principle even with cheap coffee you can make a really fine full bodied cup of coffee. I use a full cup of water and one of my Aeropress scoup's full of coffee. So what ever quantity you presently use would be a good starting point. Best regards Moray James.

https://bluebottlecoffee.com/preparation-guides/cold-brew

So are you saying you just make enough for one serving?  I've been using the Filtron for a little over half a year to make enough coffee concentrate to last for a couple of weeks.  I just mix a little of the concentrate with hot water to make a few cups every morning.   I really thought that it would taste stale after sitting like that but to me it tastes as good on the last day as it did the 1st day.   I like this system!  It cuts down on the acid.  You have to be careful using too much of the concentrate or that caffeine will really have you buzzing!

• Like 4

Anyone on FB......I just came across a site (a public group) called Audio flea market.  There banner is a display of horns.  Buy and sell audio equipment I take it.

No affiliation and not a recommendation.

Edited by Tarheel
  • Like 4

Nice looking array Gary

Had a tree fall on our deck during a Hurricane in 05

It poleaxed Nan's 95 Honda wagon on the way to deck

Nice Volvo there Tarheel

That is enough HPower

50k on a 98 V70 is a real keeper,imo

Thanks Moray

Hot weather here Sancho

Coffee and cables and more coffee :)  :emotion-44:

• Like 3

A few shots of LF's new XC60.  Blurry photos due to heat and humidity.....sorry!

Cannot as of yet talk the wife into one of these, she is pretty well set on her "Last Car" being a Lexas.

LF considered Lexus and may have bought one but the dealer is in Raleigh....about two hours away.  Long drive for routine service.

• Like 3

LF considered Lexus and may have bought one but the dealer is in Raleigh....about two hours away.  Long drive for routine service.

I will not let her buy anything else, reliabale and reasonable if buying used, like a year or so is half the the price of new in Ca.

• Like 6

Why can't everybody just get along...

If rest of forum ran like C&C

The world would be a happy place :)

Guess we are pioneer role models

With arrows in our back :lol:

Every forum has their key board commandos, for many, many different reasons.

Some chime in to poke people, gives them a warm fuzzy feeling i guess.

Some chime in as having the "Stick up their azz" senerio, and their aint NO pleasing them.

Some chime in and zero in, on an outright attack on a member, we have all seen this, and of course, no reason for it.

Iv had my share, and im trying to grind down my,"to quick to respond" to their comment, i must say on the Klipsch Forum i have misread/misstook many comments directed at me, the good guys on this Forum far outweigh the commandos.

One of the primary thoughts i try to think of before responding to a twit, is, Think of some guy sitting in his basement, wife gone, family gone, dog/cat/neighbors hate him, and his life hangs on EVERY comment........all he has left, is his Pc.

• Like 8