Cables, Coffee, Cycles, and Cocktails

Tarheel

Morning gang, 1st cup well under way....not to much going on at the shop today.....a few oil changes and some other stuff. I'm sure the used car guys have some nonsense going on....

Went out to dinner last night, my old shop helper stopped in yesterday and did a quick brake job on his sister-in-laws car and changed his oil on his wife's car. So with the cash he made he took me and my wife out to dinner.

nothing really going on..well there is some chitt going on....We have been taking our granddaughter to the shop for last two weeks. It's a long story.....it's some real "BS" for sure....It's so much Chitt I can't even get into now....Put it to ya this way...My daughter smacked her daughter a few weeks ago, she left a "mark"....since there was a "mark" school made a report to CPS. CPS came to our house to do there report. My daughter told the CPS worker and the detective (yea the cops) yes I smacked my child...she's a bully...she was bulling her younger brother. CPS worker said let's get you guys some "counseling"...cop says it's "OK" I'm just here to make a report..

Six weeks later the cops roll up to our house, hand cuff my daughter a locked her up. They charged her with two counts of child abuse. Both adding up to 25 years...oh yea...25 years. 

In this day and age we live in....the "LAW" is very clear in my state. If you smack your child and leave ANY marks you can get charged with child abuse....and the "LAW".....the system will swoop into your home and tear it apart to make there case!!!!

With that said everyone has there own way of raising there kids....I do not believe in "beating" a kid. I was never "beat" as a kid.....but my dad did have to knock me up-side the head to get me back on track....

I don't want to take our CC thread off track.....but that's chitt I got going on....it's a big open subject.....And what I have just said here is just the tip of the iceberg......it's so much I can't my head around this...

OK gang sorry for going on about all this...but I feel a tad better getting this off my chest.....let's keep this off the thread...PM me if you want...maybe I should have not laid this out there????

A good day to all

MKP :-)

Get your own Lawyer quick, just for yourself, because CPS will mess with you too.

CPS gets involved and they want those kids in "Their" system, the kid(s) are big money and job justification to them and they will only stop messing with you if you have your own lawyer who you refer them too everytime they harrass you.

In Calif they come to your home and tear it apart, forget your gun rights, they are gone. his daughter was jailed that night.

Watched a neighbor go through this with his daughters kid(s).

And just think, your doing this because your being "The Nice Guy"

Edited by minermark
  • Like 6

Morning yet again gang

Checked into my FB page, aircraft/Audio update abound as well as DAMMIT, the Yeah Yeah Yeahs .

are playing Frisco Sat night, Then reading the blog i see Karen is Preggo as of this april so i figure she will not be stoned and jumping around on stage (and that's what i pay to see) so no biggie on this concert.

Alright off for my killer sandwich and farm run....back to reality.

• Like 4

Wow, so much has gone on in the last week or so, I couldn't begin to respond to everything that has transpired.

Last week on the 18'th we took off to FL for my nephews wedding.  We drove over 2200 miles in 5 days.  We're back home now, trying to get caught up at the casa and here and at work.  Glad to see this thread thriving.

• Like 7

Wow, so much has gone on in the last week or so, I couldn't begin to respond to everything that has transpired.

Last week on the 18'th we took off to FL for my nephews wedding.  We drove over 2200 miles in 5 days.  We're back home now, trying to get caught up at the casa and here and at work.  Glad to see this thread thriving.

Glad to see you make it back safe.

• Like 7

Thanks, a safe trip is a good trip.  I have a 2012 Cruze that we decided to take on this trip.  The first leg, we set the cruise on 74, AC on, 3 of us in the car and trunk full.  After 5 hours we decided to take a rest stop and I still had half a tank left.  I computed at the pump and was averaging 44 mpg.  It's a great car.

• Like 7

Thanks, a safe trip is a good trip.  I have a 2012 Cruze that we decided to take on this trip.  The first leg, we set the cruise on 74, AC on, 3 of us in the car and trunk full.  After 5 hours we decided to take a rest stop and I still had half a tank left.  I computed at the pump and was averaging 44 mpg.  It's a great car.

Sounds like a good trip. Sorry that ac and car and electrical panel refrained me an offer of our inviting you and family over. May go to one of these get togethers. Last time was through Beaumont, in last of February was nice and chilly. Always glad to be back home.

Cruze sure looks good when I see them.

• Like 5

Last time was through Beaumont, in last of February was nice and chilly. 

Give a holler next time you pass through.  I'll bore you by talking about and making you listen to my stuff. :P

Thanks for the invite! Maybe you got some bass around somewhere :)

• Like 5

They are wonderful for my den, with the high ceiling, it's hard to cool & heat.

Even though it is hot down here, I can sit directly in front...

Hotter than 2 rats ~^?¥*!' in a wool sock today...

Thinking of a portable myself. Seems they make 8000 btu, on up considerably.Sure has been miserably hot and humid down here.
  • Like 5

Even though it is hot down here, I can sit directly in front...

Hotter than 2 rats ~^?¥*!' in a wool sock today...

Thinking of a portable myself. Seems they make 8000 btu, on up considerably.Sure has been miserably hot and humid down here.

Darn tootin...Survival I tell ya. Have done the research and can have one in short order.

• Like 6

• Moderators
Now were talkin clairty, i like arrays, up and out of the way

For some reason I don't like line arrays ? :ph34r: For large halls/rooms to me they sound kind of bland and seem to be missing something ? 

I know there used a lot in permanent installations and sound good, it may be that I am comparing them in my head to sub satellite HT setups which were popular in the past. In theory the sub sat idea should work fine but usually did not in my experiences.  Probably part of the problem is the average sub sat system for consumers usually goes to far with the idea, they try to make the satellite part to small and it then sounds small and you can't make up for that with a sub.

Ok I feel better now :ph34r:  :D

• Like 6

• Moderators

Never seen one before and have a question, where does the heat go on those units ? The whole thing is in the room and every AC I have ever seen puts out heat, just wondering ?

• Like 5

Greetings all! We've survived this round of wildfire, back inside to the cpu but off to work and then back outside until the rains come! Finally hooked up with a bike trailer to tow the littles around in - thankfully they love it! Hope to make good use of it this summer! Hope you all have a great week! Enjoying coffee in accordance with the terms of this post as I type! ;-)post-52637-0-51940000-1435167494_thumb.j

• Like 6

Morning gang, 1st cup well under way....not to much going on at the shop today.....a few oil changes and some other stuff. I'm sure the used car guys have some nonsense going on....

Went out to dinner last night, my old shop helper stopped in yesterday and did a quick brake job on his sister-in-laws car and changed his oil on his wife's car. So with the cash he made he took me and my wife out to dinner.

nothing really going on..well there is some chitt going on....We have been taking our granddaughter to the shop for last two weeks. It's a long story.....it's some real "BS" for sure....It's so much Chitt I can't even get into now....Put it to ya this way...My daughter smacked her daughter a few weeks ago, she left a "mark"....since there was a "mark" school made a report to CPS. CPS came to our house to do there report. My daughter told the CPS worker and the detective (yea the cops) yes I smacked my child...she's a bully...she was bulling her younger brother. CPS worker said let's get you guys some "counseling"...cop says it's "OK" I'm just here to make a report..

Six weeks later the cops roll up to our house, hand cuff my daughter a locked her up. They charged her with two counts of child abuse. Both adding up to 25 years...oh yea...25 years. 

In this day and age we live in....the "LAW" is very clear in my state. If you smack your child and leave ANY marks you can get charged with child abuse....and the "LAW".....the system will swoop into your home and tear it apart to make there case!!!!

With that said everyone has there own way of raising there kids....I do not believe in "beating" a kid. I was never "beat" as a kid.....but my dad did have to knock me up-side the head to get me back on track....

I don't want to take our CC thread off track.....but that's chitt I got going on....it's a big open subject.....And what I have just said here is just the tip of the iceberg......it's so much I can't my head around this...

OK gang sorry for going on about all this...but I feel a tad better getting this off my chest.....let's keep this off the thread...PM me if you want...maybe I should have not laid this out there????

A good day to all

MKP :-)

Sorry to hear about this...

First off, don't ever let them into your house. If they don't come with a warrant, and there is no event happening at the moment, they don't enter. Don't know where you stand on this, but you and your family will be in my prayers.

Bruce

• Like 6

Hello Guys, yea as double B said been dealing with 2 sick boys and a ford issue (Boys first of course)  MKP sorry as hell to read about your family issues just another shining example of a great reason to leave the commy state of Maryland, the money in that neck of the woods was great but the phyco mentality of the state is another thing all together, In a court I was ordered not to use my own private property so I feel you man, Good Luck with it

As Carl said so much to catch up on cant begin to mention everyone / thing but great to have a moment to catch up

back to fighting fevers and pink eye, and boys with high emotions from being coupe up

• Like 5