Cables, Coffee, Cycles, and Cocktails

Tarheel

Hey gang.  My gosh you guys are prolific posters over the weekend.  Good show.

About the only thing that went right this weekend was the concert we went to.  We saw the Marine Corp Band at my daughters high school.  They played for about 2 hours and it was absolutely amazing.  The blending of instruments and preciseness in which they played was incredible.  At one point there was a flute solo the likes of which I've never heard before.  There's not enough superlatives in my vocabulary to describe what we heard.

I had great plans for the bathroom this weekend but, let's see, what went wrong.

Saturday, much of my time was spend in the garage helping my son put a water pump on a Scion.  While splitting time between the bathroom and garage I had a mishap in the bathroom.   Before I grout the tiles I needed to drill the tiles for the towel hanger brackets.  Naturally one of the holes was close to the edge of a full tile and the tile shattered.  I ended up having to break the tile off and bust all the mortar out so the replacement tile would be flush with the existing tiles.  After that was repaired, I broke the bit on the last hole prior to drilling all the way through, so a trip to the hardware store for a replacement used up valuable weekend time.  I did however get some tiles cut (not installed) and got to set the backs of the shadowboxes with tile.

Sunday wasn't much better.  My plan was to get home from church and set al the tiles I cut on Saturday.  We get home and notice the pool pump wasn't running.  I pulled the motor and had my wife take it to the pool supply house to get the start up capacitor replaced.  When she got back I had to re assemble it all.  In the mean time, we brought all the cabinets and doors into the garage to paint.. My wife had put 2 coats of primer on everything.  She rolled the doors so they just needed to be sanded smooth.  The cabinets she brushed and they were horrible.  I had to sand them back to raw wood so we can start over.  What a PITA.  Hopefully next weekend will be better.

• Like 5

Hate that you are having trouble with this project Carl.

There's always things that arise, especially with a project this big.  You just work through it.  Most of my issues this weekend would have been lessened to some degree if the "extracurriculars" didn't arise.  Time is my biggest enemy at this point.

• Like 3

At least you did get the son's Scion back in business

And the pool pump is running as well.  Things break at inopportune times.  My wife and I bowl Sunday evenings also, so between that and church in the morning, I can't devote a full days worth of work in there.

• Like 5

Morning once again

Hope Tarheel is NOT floating as well as a few others, that is all that is on our Drama Queen news.

Id say, BAIL dudes, yet another 12" predicted, know when to say when :o  

Monday news sucks so far.

Our winter is coming soon, and im sure with "El Nina" we will be getting swamped.

• Like 6

Good WET Monday Morning Folks, Boys up ready for school,  Weatherman says today will be last day of rain till the weekend keeping fingers crossed, we have had our share

Not much on the agenda this am, Have a great day all

Later

I saw where more rain was predicted for you all. I know you sure do not need any more. Prayers and good vibes sent your way for a dry out soon. Hang in there.

• Like 7

• Moderators

Sometimes things never seem to slow down, we leave again in a little over a week but before then this Saturday night were going to have a party. :emotion-19::o  

All the people we had over here last year for my wife's class reunion have been waiting for it to cool off a little, well this sat is when they want to do it so, it's on again. I have to say it was fun last time.   :emotion-19:  :emotion-29:  :emotion-46::emotion-29:    :emotion-22:  :emotion-29:  :D  It's mostly an outside by the bar party, a fire, music and food, a early in the evening pic from last year, turned out to be about 50 people. (I know you like pics)

post-9700-0-00180000-1444059406_thumb.jp

post-9700-0-65260000-1444059438_thumb.jp

• Like 7

Im NOT seeing too many easterners chime in this morning, this is not good.

Morning/afternoon all......

I'm here been reading post.....not much going on....no work again....well a few bs jobs....nothing to make any money at.....

We have been cleaning all weekend....getting rid of JUNK....it started last week at the shop.

Sometimes I can't believe how much shitt I have....and it's just shitt, my dumpster is full at the shop and does'nt get picked up till Wendsday....

Well it is starting to dry out a bit here...was watching the weather last night thinking about Chuck...yea we missed here for sure.....

Getting ready to roll out into town....gonna go to the welding shop....might sa well spend some if I'm not making any....lol lol

Check in later...

MKP :-)

• Like 6

Wife said pay the rest of the bills wile i make muffins/Gravy, so i will do this.

Postpone Movie/Nap, go for the Duggans/Coffee i am.

TotalWine run later today, new Scotch will be on the venue.

And to Ceptor, thanks for the "LIKE" puts me @ 10K.......time for that irish coffee... :emotion-21::emotion-46:

Back in the day, Beeker gave me a boatload after i sent hin a heresy for a free center channel.

Edited by minermark
  • Like 8

Wife said pay the rest of the bills wile i make muffins/Gravy, so i will do this.

Postpone Movie/Nap, go for the Duggans/Coffee i am.

TotalWine run later today, new Scotch will be on the venue.

And to Ceptor, thanks for the "LIKE" puts me @ 10K.......time for that irish coffee... :emotion-21::emotion-46:

Hey….you deserved it. I feel honored :D

Almost a 2:1 like:post count is impressive.

• Like 6