Cables, Coffee, Cycles, and Cocktails

Tarheel

Good afternoon all...

Coffee all done and on to H2O for the rest of the day.....had a few soda's last night with dinner....or pop's....that's what you guys call em out west.....lol lol

Gary...good luck with your new tubes...

Chuck carefull on the roof...... and it's "ok" if Jake wants to sleep under a bush....I've sleept under a few back in my drinking days.....

Looks like my pre-amp is broken...swaped it out and I'm good to go....got tunes today...

A good day to all...

MKP :-)

• Like 9

I sleep Under bush all the time, well as much as I am allowed  :D

HAVANA is BACK IN THE HOUSE TO STAY  :rolleyes:   anyone need a bifrost uber at a great deal 

Anyone here on triple c looking for a DAC upgrade 

https://community.klipsch.com/index.php?/topic/159620-schiit-bifrost-uber-dac-wusb-2-upgrade-27500-shipping/#entry1930942

Edited by joessportster
  • Like 7

Yea I got a stupid good deal on an upgraded Havana over on head-fi, I just got plain lucky and happened to check the source for sale adds right after the seller posted it, he replaced the output caps, a few resistors, put in the WE396a tube and included the R Core transformer if I ever wanted to have it replaced

I had got all caught up in getting better resolution files and abilities to play same at the highest rez. What a huge mistake for me I found the sound so flat I could barely listen. I was super depressed and started looking at selling everything, I sold the supposed better dac and next day Havana comes up, and then a bifrost uber I was able to get both for what I sold the Metrum

Now I like Bifrost it is AWESOME especially at under 300,  but I flat out LOVE Havana at any price under 1000

Had some serious sellers remorse after selling my first Havana, I wont have that again...............they can keep 24 / 192, I will take musical and involving

• Like 6

Good evening once again folks....

Joe, I am glad you settled on a DAC that you are happy with :0)

Ok, I have opened up my box of acoustic panels.... Have them setup temporarily, and the room is VERY much improved!! The KHorns are seemingly warmer and the bass is better dirtibuted around the room which was my hope (0:

Here are some photos during the arrival into Music Hall and the un-wrapping.....image_24.jpeg, here the way they were packedimage_26.jpeg,unpacked a couple of the 3x2' and the 2x2' for starters.. image_27.jpeghere are the bags filled with the mounting hardware....image_25.jpeg,

Meanwhile, I am enjoying a Copland recording from Naxos in beautiful 24/96 BluRay Audio ;0)

Tomorrow, the Electro Harmonix KT88's Platinum EH series arrive and will be installed for tomorrow night's session over in RTM...

Off to bed soon, wishing you all a good night ..............Gary........ZZZZZZzzzzzzzzzzz

Edited by Tigerman
  • Like 8

Evening Gang

Taking a break from wearing a headlight and tracking down Ant trails,

had them in check for almost 6Mo, the dam lil critters are coming in from the neighbors on both sides of me.

Amazon has some great bait food for these Ants, between the bait and a little spray i should be able to hold-em at the fence line.

Cold coffee/Duggans is tasting pretty good.

• Like 6

• Moderators
Ok, I have opened up my box of acoustic panels....

That's some good looking panels, glad they are helping, I think the room is the most under corrected and most intimidating part of this hobby, most people never do it, I haven't. :ph34r:  :huh:  

• Like 5

• Moderators
Ants, between the bait and a little spray i should be able to hold-em at the fence line.

Well your doing much better than me, I only treat them when a mound pops up. I think ours are on steroids they don't die they just get a little buzz from the poison and move on so I am lucky to just keep them away from the house and garden.

• Like 8

Good TGIF morning to you all......... :emotion-44:  :emotion-44:

Thanks for the comments on the panels guys..   I can't tell you what a difference the listening tests proved out to be.   I recorded three tracks using my pro setup.  The mic was set right at where my head/ears normally are positioned..   I grabbed two tracks from the Boston Acoustic's 'bass' demo CD and from my old car audio competition days, a track from the IASCA test recording and was sure to include the announcers introduction to the 'sound pressure level' test..

I see room for an additional 3 panels to complete the look and performance of the listening space :wink: ...

The fun all begins shortly after 8pm. eastern (RTM)..

Mark, great on the ants.......we only get them in a small dose here in the spring, then they are pretty much gone...

Ok, enjoy the day............more this evening... :emotion-29:

..............Gary

• Like 4

Morning all.....and a good Friday to ya...

1st cup almost done....will take 2nd cup to go....

Not to much of a ant problem around our home... got a few colonies here and there in the yard. Mostly black and red ants. We live in a wooded area so we do have to watch out for carpenter ants.

Here in Md we don't have a problem with fire ants....I know some of you guys in the south and out west get those damn things. I remember when I was in El Paso, those damn fire ants were everywhere.

Enough about the ants.... gotta roll out....meeting a guy at the shop for alittle cash job....that's my dinner money for me and the wife tonight..

Wishing all a great day..

MKP :-)

• Like 4

Morning all......sore sore sore this morning

Pulled up about 800ft of rusty field fence yesterday evening.....will be rolling it up tomorrow and pulling all the posts and making a trip to the dump. Bush Hog and tiller coming on Monday.

Making a sawmill run hopefully next weekend.

Time to take off overalls and replace with slacks and button down.....

• Like 6