Cables, Coffee, Cycles, and Cocktails

Tarheel

Afternoon all....and a happy hump day to ya all....

I hope everyone's day is going better than mine....wrong parts and just a bunch of BS....

So I thought let me power the jams up.....turned on the Carver....hit the 1st track....and it sounds like shitt all kinds of distortion coming out of the KP-362's.

I thought I noticed something the othe day...but today it is clear there is a problem. I got a gut feeling the Carver is on it's way out. I'll bring in another amp tomorrow and see what's up...

Mark...hope ya sell the MCM's good luck...

Chuck...that sun you got...we got it here too....about time....glad your drying out down there...

A good day to all...

MKP :-)

• Like 6

Afternoon Gang

Ebay ordering my China goodies for the coming month.

Farmers are all good, assisted in loading the Boat i re-worked into the Big Barn

and batt/tender attached, covered boat for winter.

Came home with bucket(s) peaches, plums, couple mellons (they looked too good to shoot).

Welp, looks like i better make an attic trip for the portch light pumpkin covers,

Do not wish to get egged, happened seven years ago, quite messy.

Edited by minermark
  • Like 3

Good evening my RTM and CC&C friends !

Just went through the posts of the day and enjoyed the banter, videos and all ^_^

MKP, sorry to hear about the amp going down.....as you may or may not know, I had a similar 'event' this past weekend right during a forum listening session over in RTM.....

Here is what will be happening over the next few days and will be cross posted to RTM as well...

#1  The brand new acoustic panels for Music Hall will arrive tomorrow and I will make quality recordings with program material recorded with my trusty Shure MS mic and Zoom H4n recorder BEFORE room treatment and AFTER panels installed...

#2  NEW Matched 'quad' of KT-88's ordered and on they way!   I read some reviews on power tubes of various brands from China and Russia.   The beautiful New Sensor 'Gold Lions' I was going to order (again) seem to have a short life span by some of the reviews I read.  And I guess my experience having one 'go down' last Friday night proved another casualty on that failure list !  (mine were new in 2009)  So, I decided on Electro Harmonix brand, (made in Russia) and their Platinum EH series.  Price was good and the first review was by a customer running the same amps as here (Dynaco Mark 3's) and very happy with the sound, and that sold me right there!  These have been 'burned in' from the company for 24 hours, ready to go.

I ordered them 2nd day air, so they will be up and running for FRIDAY evening's listening session over in RTM.   With that and the NEW room treatments, it will be a whole new experience for this guy to hear  :D !!  

#3  Saturday, I will be heading back to Pezz's place in Rhode Island for an M.A.D.  (Music Appreciation Day) session.   He has the food and wine already for consumption, and I will provide some NEW Blu Ray audio discs and a video or two along with a peek at the Berlin Philharmonic Symphony orchestra VIA an app. in his Oppo.   I bought a YEAR LONG pass, so that will be enjoyed as well, quality is first rate!

There you have my report...........everything starts around 8:00pm. eastern Friday evening = reports and photos...

M.A.D. on Saturday around 12:30pm. eastern from RI.. Reports and photos to follow....

.....enjoy your evening and improving weather my friends...

...........Gary

Edited by Tigerman
  • Like 6

Saturday, I will be heading back to Pezz's place in Rhode Island for an M.A.D.  (Music Appreciation Day) session. 
Gary give Bob a hearty handshake for me…and give yourselves a toast…I would if i was there. Hopefully some Rick Wakeman is on the music menu. 
  • Like 7

Saturday, I will be heading back to Pezz's place in Rhode Island for an M.A.D.  (Music Appreciation Day) session. 
Gary give Bob a hearty handshake for me…and give yourselves a toast…I would if i was there. Hopefully some Rick Wakeman is on the music menu. 

You would give yourself a toast ?  :)

Good Thursday Morning folks, Post Office and store run today after the boys get on the bus, Got some smiles when Homey D Clown bopped them awake

Jake gnawing on his grape jelly english muffin, and Joey primping for school.  Joey was invited to a girls birthday party yesterday He does not want to go she told him it was all girls and he was the only boy invited...................I think she has a crush on him she gave him her phone number and asked for his

What the hell can two 8 year old kids talk about on the phone ?  my previous wife had teenage daughters one of them would hang on the phone for hours if you let her, dont want to start a precedence like that again....................

• Like 9

Good morning Coffee lovers  :emotion-44:  :emotion-44:

Ok Steve on the playing of some Rick Wakeman...   We have quite a few things to listen to, and even though we try to keep things moving, some recordings we never get to....   But, we WILL have at least TWO recordings from an ELP member...  

The newly acquired Keith Emerson band live from Moscow DVD and the Three Fates Project which is music composed by Emerson for symphony orchestra which is really impressive music/arrangements!

Also on the list: a CD of Holst's Planets that demonstrates distant miking from the orchestra and the 'sister' Naxos BluRay audio disc to the Gershwin Rhapsody in Blue.   Pezz and I have already played on RTM a number of times.   This one also with Jo Ann Falletta conductor and features Gershwin Rhapsody #2 and 'I Got Rhythm'  variations and Concerto in F ...

Should be a nice time :smile:

Acoustic panels are IN TOWN according to the tracking sched. and will be here today...   Can't wait to hear the changes. 

Keep you all informed :emotion-29:

Enjoy the day :emotion-44:

.............Gary

• Like 6

Morning Gang

Up a tad early, second cup of Duggans enhanced  java going well.

Thursday eh?

Nothing planned, maybe work on the second McM stack componets.

Another batch of Upole bed liner on the way.

i either did some pertty good coverage spraying the first completed stack or im a amature at estimating Sq footage.

Used 5 quarts, they look outstanding, guess for $114 per box they better  :o  :wacko:   

post-57941-0-68940000-1444303477_thumb.j

• Like 7

Morning folks. Second cup.

Sounds as if everyone is staying busy.  Sorry about the amp MKP.  Congrats on the new tubes Gary.  I also use EH but in 6550s in my horn monos.  They are self biasing and can use a variety of tubes.....6550s, KT-88s, 90s, EL-34s.  No complaints.

Full day on tap after the storm and a full day of drying out.  Must get up on the roof and blow off debris, same with porches, patio, drive way, and the road in front of my house.  First I need to wash the car before the sun comes out to the part of the drive.  Then to get to work mowing the grass.

Cheers Ladies :emotion-44: and Gents

• Like 6

I'm in the middle of replacing a bad garbage disposal. Why is it that ANYTHING to do with plumbing is always a bigger job than anticipated? Too bad our resident plumber (Carl) is so far away :D

Holler if you have a question or problem.  My consultation fees are VERY reasonable.

Don't forget to take the drain plug out of the side of the disposal before you hook the waste pipe up.

• Like 6

I'm in the middle of replacing a bad garbage disposal. Why is it that ANYTHING to do with plumbing is always a bigger job than anticipated? Too bad our resident plumber (Carl) is so far away :D

Holler if you have a question or problem.  My consultation fees are VERY reasonable.

Don't forget to take the drain plug out of the side of the disposal before you hook the waste pipe up.

Yep….got it. It was pretty simple, the new one was exactly the same size, so it all lined up well. I guess plumbing always seems harder because of trying to fix something inside of a cabinet. I'm a lifetime member of the 200lb club, so crawling inside there isn't fun. Thanks for the consultation offer :D

• Like 7

Must get up on the roof and blow off debris

Try not to fall off.  I've never fallen off a house (knock on wood) but have fallen out of a tree.  It's true what they say, it's not the fall that gets you, it's the sudden stop.

Carl I have to climb up at 3 different points....the front is the most dangerous and since LF was here I had her hold the bottom of the ladder so the feet didn't kick out.

My 70 year old neighbor was walking by and suggested I wait till fall is over and the leaves have stopped falling.

It's done and looks much better.

Another project arose last night.  Jake wanted to camp out by himself so I agreed as long as he wore a 30' tether.  He has a cool pad, as well as a huge pillow that I put on the porch for him.  At some point last night he decided that he wanted to sleep in the bushes so he went to the end of the tether.....did some pulling....and pulled out the picket from the porch railing and broke the 1x6 trim board :mellow:

• Like 8

• Moderators
Another project arose last night. Jake wanted to camp out by himself so I agreed as long as he wore a 30' tether. He has a cool pad, as well as a huge pillow that I put on the porch for him. At some point last night he decided that he wanted to sleep in the bushes so he went to the end of the tether.....did some pulling....and pulled out the picket from the porch railing and broke the 1x6 trim board

Wow he really wanted to sleep in the bushes bad, good thing you never tied him to the mirror of the car or something worse.

• Like 8