Cables, Coffee, Cycles, and Cocktails

Tarheel

Hey there Wolf, that really cracked us up ! ;0) Enjoy the SET..

Thanks joe and everyone for the photo appreciations.... We have just opened this, which arrived in my mailbox earlier this week..

Listening in 24/96 5.1 DTS MA ...

Yes, the digital DB meter is in effect, and we are hitting orchestral peaks to 89 .... Although, we switched out to the 5.1 to 2.0 and got the surprise of our lives when the last orchestral hit 98 and still clean!! Now, we are about 16' back from these little, suspended in air, bookshelves speakers with 4" woofers as you have seen in the previous photos...

Music enjoyment continues ;0)image_48.jpeg

• Like 6

Excellent Wardsweb, you have seen what we are up to today, and we have an ELP DVD waiting for us when we return from a nice Italian dinner ;0)

So glad you have posted a closeup of your TT ;0) Love it! We join you with the DTel etched glasses too...

• Like 7

No cold brewing here, and no concentrate either, I look at it like this, I bought aero press so I could brew 1 hot FRESH cup of fresh grounds at a time and so far that is how I have used the press

Well, I have a wide tolerance for music, coffee, whiskey, beer, people, whatever. 

Love all of them at their best, like most of them at their worst.  When I wake up on a workday at 5AM I am not competent to do much of anything, hence a basic drip pot on timer.  So, I figure a good extract would be an easy step up.  If I tried inverted Aeropress brew at that time of day I'd probably wind up at Doc in the Box with burns. 

Dave

• Like 5

A very lazy afternoon. A lot of sitting around listening to tunes and a little watching the Velocity channel on TV. I really should do something constructive but I'm just burnt out from the week. Maybe a drink will help. Yea, I need a drink.

drink.jpg

"Like" isn't anywhere near adequate for this.  Having a "date night" with the PAW tonight as the boy is off on a Scout trip.  But I this is just as alluring...

We need an "OMG" or something for this level of awesome. 

Dave

• Like 9

Agreed Dave!

......... We are at the restaurant now, awaiting to be seated.....

Wardsweb, is that a valved CD player or other component? Looks nice and upscale 'industrial' ;0)

.....Gary

Edited by Tigerman
  • Like 6

Agreed Dave!

......... We are at the restaurant now, awaiting to be seated.....

Wardsweb, is that a valved CD player or other component? Looks nice and upscale 'industrial' ;0)

.....Gary

That is a Shanling CD-T1500 SACD. Two tubes for output and two for headphones.

• Like 6

Good evening gang

Sitting down with a Guinness Blonde or three.

80s+ and going to 90s on sunday, this chit keeps up im going to have a heat related stroke, told the wife i want a "Life Alert" for Xmas, she's what hell for ? i even have the Doc's pizzed off cause i do not call them for anything.

I told her go outside for the day, and you will see when you hit 60, it takes a bit out of you.

Wife say's NO lifealert, you have guns, carry one, you feel like you are going down, pop off a round or two, i'll hear it over the vacume cleaner :o

• Like 6

A very lazy afternoon. A lot of sitting around listening to tunes and a little watching the Velocity channel on TV. I really should do something constructive but I'm just burnt out from the week. Maybe a drink will help. Yea, I need a drink.

drink.jpg

said it before; but, it needs saying again….VERY nice rig there.  simply beautiful.

• Like 9

Evening Gang

Haagen-Dazs time and wind down from the day.

Halloween month had to change up the Avatar.

Slight work day afternoon sunday, it seems our new McM owner is coming to fetch them.

We will be hearing a lot more from him im sure, he will have as many questions for us as i did.

Off to surf the Bay for parts, engineering yet another cool/kinky electronic convenience project this time around.

Mailbox Alarm, the wife or kid are always running out to check on the mail, i thought id engineer a device(s) to just let us know "When" to look.

post-57941-0-06860000-1444540127_thumb.j

Edited by minermark
  • Like 7

Luther and Gary both have impeccable taste and always stage photos so well. 

A cloudy Sunday.  LF off to church.  Jake snoozing enjoying the cool air.  Speaking of that big boy.....he gave me a scare yesterday.  I have been giving him more freedom in the yard without being tethered and yesterday he decides to go exploring.  I called and got no response.  After two trips around the area by car I got on my bike and finally found him headed back this way acting like just another morning.  He was wet up to his shoulders....no telling where he had been.

Getting all excited about my colonoscopy Wednesday :o That's also the best day of weather....70 and sunny and I'll miss it.

No plans for the day.  Not a football fan but LF is in a pool so I'll have to see what time Atlanta is playing....her pick of the week.

LF won a silent auction for a breast cancer benefit yesterday.  She bid on a pink bike for her 19 year old niece.  I finally asked how much expecting $50-$75 and was floored when she said $275.  Well it's for a good cause.

Enough about me.....what have you guys been up to?  That reminds me of what my late wife (5 years ago this past Friday) use to say.  "That's enough talk about you let's talk about me for awhile". 

Cheers Ladies :emotion-44: and Gents.  Give your significant other a big hug.  And if she is real pretty give her one for me.  Tell her Tarheel says "hey".

• Like 9

Beautiful morning. I think I'll give my ride a little TLC with a wash, wax and some detailing. After that, I think a top down ride with my wife is in order. Maybe stop for something sweet. Ya'll have a great day and tell your loved ones that you love them. They can never hear it enough. 

• Like 7

Mornin' guys. Just getting caught up. Great pics, Gary and great rig, Wardsweb. I'm now officially jealous. Mark, great avitar.

Chuck, be careful of what you share on medical tests or these guys will make you the butt of their jokes!!

Had fun at 2 yr old Aubrey's B-Day party yesterday. Had it at a nice local park with pavilion and playground. She was far more into the kiddie slide than any present she got. What a kick.

Gotta run for now and get some grass cut, then pull some tax crap together. Peace and cheers folks.

• Like 6

Good early evening everyone..........!

Thanks again Chuck and Chuck for your compliments on photos...I try  :)

Luther, nice ride......Kompressor  / AMG ?   Just asking :D  Yup, CD player as figured....nice!

Will be listening to music this evening and doing some posting.................stay tuned ^_^

............Gary

PS. Mark, you really made me laugh with that life alert request and wife's reaction........too damn funny :lol:

Edited by Tigerman
  • Like 8