Cables, Coffee, Cycles, and Cocktails

Tarheel

Good morning - Nothing to report. It's Monday and another week begins for us working folks. Looking forward to fall and cooler weather. That's when I spend most of my time driving with the top down. Speaking of which, here is what it looks like:

sl550bridge.jpg

Edited by Wardsweb
  • Like 9

Good Monday morning everyone... Hey there all you pensioners, this worker bee has the day off, so just went through the posts, enjoying your beautiful photos as well Luther and JL....

Meanwhile, putting together a breakfast here, decided to do up a drip version a very special 25 year Starbuck's anniversary dark roast, what better then to drink from their very own mugs, made right here in the USA .....a little fall setting composed ;0)

Enjoy the day everyone....

...Garyimage_53.jpeg

• Like 8

Mornin' folks. Better Half is back to work today after a vacation week so I have to figure out some constructive activities. Yech. Maybe a nap.

More great photos guys. Keep it up Gary, JL and Luther.

Just fyi, we saw the new(er) Netflix documentary on Keith Richards last night. Well worth a view .... tons of R&R history and some vintage film.

Will try to check back in a bit. Monday Cheers!!

• Like 7

Morning all.....looooong weekend

Got the majority of the furniture out of her grandma's house and into storage this weekend. She got a good deal of the stuff sorted and boxed up. Found a TON of old pictures, letters and stuff....was really cool. Called a friend down at Town Hall and he wants to get copies of most of the pictures since not many exist of the original spring fed city pool/park.

I overdid it in the field yesterday and have tweaked my back....so to the doctor I go today. All in all I got about 450ft of welded wire field fence, 800ft of barbed wire and about 200ft of 16'x4' Feedlot Panels all down and stacked. Got the old feeding troughs drug out and an old shack torn down. All ready to be bush hogged this afternoon. Also going to go ahead and till up the area for my wife's garden.

We're going to use the Feedlot Panels to run a fence across the front of the property with a 12ft gate at the driveway. The property is right off a busy county road...and this will give my wife a sense of ease about the dogs and kids playing in the yard.

Back to the corporate grid for a while today...taking off at lunch for Dr. appointment and then to meet buddy at house to pay him for grooming the field/garden.

Edited by JEFKlipsch
  • Like 9

Good Afternoon Gang

We now have a "NEW PRO" owner in the kilpsch field of enjoyment.

Forum member showed up with son-in-law who is also a 14+year klipsch fan and a U-Haul.

And No im not saying who, not my place, he has "The" braggin rights.

And it looks like Ya-all get a chance to see what minermark really looks like, just remember im the good lookin one in thye middle.

As has been the absolute NORM in this hobby, quality among men and young men, is as good as it gets.

I will continue to pass on deals of a lifetime whenever it comes my way, nothing makes this hobby better than makin someones day.

I will PM the new owner and have him drop in here, to post pics.

Wardsweb has got himself "The" ride.  id get in trouble with a car like that..... 

Thanks Mark for the hospitality. We had a great time visiting the man cave and witnessing first hand how pissin off the neighbors is done.

Now that we got the stacks home the real fun begins. I really appreciate all the time you spent detailing what you've done and learned while refurbishing yours.  I'm sure I'll be asking you and others on the forum forum for assistance as I dive in to rebuilding mine.

post-40233-0-64280000-1444659846_thumb.j

• Like 9

Good Afternoon Gang

Forum member showed up with son-in-law who is also a 14+year klipsch fan and a U-Haul.

And it looks like Ya-all get a chance to see what minermark really looks like, just remember im the good lookin one in thye middle.

As has been the absolute NORM in this hobby, quality among men and young men, is as good as it gets.

I will continue to pass on deals of a lifetime whenever it comes my way, nothing makes this hobby better than makin someones day.

Wardsweb has got himself "The" ride.  id get in trouble with a car like that..... 

Thanks Mark for the hospitality. We had a great time visiting the man cave and witnessing first hand how pissin off the neighbors is done.

Now that we got the stacks home the real fun begins. I really appreciate all the time you spent detailing what you've done and learned while refurbishing yours.  I'm sure I'll be asking you and others on the forum forum for assistance as I dive in to rebuilding mine.

Now remember forum Bud's im the good lookin Youngin in the middle :D

Edited by minermark
  • Like 8

Good Afternoon Gang

Congrats man……that's a healthy system there. 

• Like 7

Ok, just x-posted to RTM....  here is what will be going down shortly..... 

Pezz and I are about to catch a LIVE CONCERT from Berlin via the Digital Concert Hall from the Berlin Philharmonie..  This will be the beginning of another Simon Rattle / Beethoven symphony cycle.  Today's will be #1 and #3 and it all starts at 2pm. eastern....(8pm. their time)  Should be nice, and is a good high quality video / audio stream via internet. 

I subscribed for the full year, so I am excited to catch these live performances when I can, OR, they are edited and avail for viewing on demand a few days after the live performance...

Mine will be via app. in the Sony BluRay player into Music Halls' 2 channel system...

Pezz will be listening via app. in his Oppo player and system you saw during the M.A.D. Saturday...  (he may even elect a DSP for surround)

I will post some screen shots here and on RTM...

More later...

........Gary

• Like 8

Good afternoon all.....

Ahhhhhhh.....very happy right now..... I just found my distortion issue here at the shop...

I bought in another Carver and pre-amp in last week and hooked everything up....and all seemed ok...

I've been listening to The Wall for about tweenty min.....then it came back......all kinds if distortion....I was like wtf....

I stood in front of my shop system......and I'm thinking.....I looked at my i-pod, picked it up gave the little out-put cable a twist......ahhhhh....gone.

I think I will be getting a new cable for my i-pod.....

OK back to work.....check in later...

MKP :-)

• Like 10