Cables, Coffee, Cycles, and Cocktails

Tarheel

Sorry - I realize I left that off - it's an import - Volvo XC90.  We have a great relationship with our mechanic.  He has done minor maint on it, he looked at it and recommended we take it to the dealer bc it's in deep and he felt if he could even get to it, it would likely be expensive and he wasn't confident he could do it as efficiently as they could.  I've had my truck for 16 years ('00 Silverado) and he's kept it running like a top.  Things happen I guess, but I was kind of waiting for the camera crew to come out when he dropped the $11k pricetag.  I know imports are more, but seriously?  We did get it used off CL for 22k four years ago, but they had maint records from the dealer.  Our mechanic looked when we bought it, said it looked great, felt pretty good about it and then out of nowhere...  They have better reputations than that.  More to come I suppose.  We won't have them do anything without a detailed list of the problem and take it to our guy first. etc.

Got our 99 Volvo V70 2.4 liter engine used with 113k on it installed, total cost, with new heater core which blew when the timing belt broke for 3k...total.

Haven't looked but would be good to know if interference or non-interference engine. When timing belt breaks, on an interference type, damage is done to valves, possiibly piston.

In any case, 11k is waytto much when a used engine installed, or another SUV can be had for around half that. Anyway, good luck!

Usually timing belt good for 100k between changes so 84k, abit premature.

Of course, you are way up there so, probably way off base, I am.

• Like 5

Dang, Mark is a youngin. Took three days to catch up, and still ran out of likes.

Always like Meddle, Relics and UmmaGumma for the PF's.

Nice photos of almost everything, from dtel to JL,etc.

Jason, Hansens' Natural has some good products alright. Last I looked, still had to order online from them or phone I guess as they are west coast. Their Monster Energy products have taken the globe by storm, of course, even their coffee flavored energys and Chai tea.

Oh well called a plumber, Nancy did so will give him a hand. Thinking it is a minor plumbing job, and Carl is preoccupied with his own project, which is looking good, BTW,,,smiles to all, meanwhile... :)  :)  :) :)  :)  :)  :)  :)  :)  :)

• Like 6

Afternoon folks. Tied up with paperwork crap this morning. Insurance and tax stuff .....yechh.

As far as the garage sale section is concerned, it's not a 'problem' that drive by's may come through but I'm a lot less likely to extend any measure of trust or confidence to one of them than I would to a forum member with some history.

Have a great rest of your day ...............

• Like 5

• Moderators

Have got to repost this here. Dtel is a great kisser. Just ask Roy Delgado!

Uh oh......didn't know it was that kind of party :emotion-41:   May have to send Joe to represent NC.

I have to say this was the best prank ever! Dtel was still short circuited this morning!

• Like 4

Afternoon Gang

This Working again is interesting, the hard part of the day is just being on my feet all day.

Retirement will soften you up in that area, no biggie, i could lose a little belly anyway.

Everyday has been sweat by noon, farmers have it made most of the time but when it comes to tending the crop, you work till it's done. Dam Walnuts anyway, millions of them. ripped around on a Husky 400 dirt bike, have not doen that in 30+ years.

Crackin my first New Belguim IPA.

post-57941-0-46100000-1444862899_thumb.j

• Like 5

hmmm, post seemed to disappear … this must be the Klipsch Triangle. Anyway, just saying that it was good to see Tarheel back to posting so quickly. Trusting that everything came out okay (literally).

Good point

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

• Like 5

Yes things went well thanks.  Didn't come home and crash as is my usual following that procedure.  One polyp found and removed....no more test for 5 years.  Very smooth other than the prep.  Was tempted to have LF draw a smiley face on one cheek prior to procedure.  Learned from the doctor that has been done before.

A beautiful day in store...70 and sunny.  LF and I will be heading to the nearly deserted beach for a few hours.

LF got a new to her golf cart from her sister to ride around the hood.  Has a tail gate on it!  Got to clean it up this weekend.

Nothing else so......

Cheers Ladies :emotion-44: and Gents

• Like 7

Calling for temps down in the 30's here for the weekend, Low to mid breezy 70's today

(eat your heart out Mark  :D )

Chuck I called about the party you recommended me for, They said they wanted that Fit older gentleman that walks around without his shirt :wub: ,  Apparently I look to much like all the others in the crowd / video and you stand out  :P

• Like 5