Cables, Coffee, Cycles, and Cocktails

Tarheel

Morning yet again

Wife just suprised me w/Belgian waffels, Hummm, wonder what she has in mind ?

Buddy just called me and wants to store his Fifthwheel here, one of the guys that was burned out in Lake County.

Already storing two horse trailers for another family from Amador county, no problem, however im now FULL up.

Coffee/Duggans and on W/Hobby day.

post-57941-0-20460000-1445268838_thumb.j

• Like 9

y'all is never ever singular...

Y'all callin' me a liar?

heh heh... then there are a lot of people to tell they are using it wrong.

Funny... I asked my brother who is an English professor.  He said that some people use y'all in the singular but it's not correct... used mostly by TV shows and northerners trying to prove their southern accent.  He thinks 'all y'all'  is relatively new... 2 or 3 decades or so.  And this is from a guy who I've heard say y'all more than anyone I know.  

I remember hearing it and thinking that 'all y'all' was pretty redundant but maybe just for emphasis that they mean for no one to be left out such as in the phrase, "all y'all can go **** yourselves!"    Just an example... not directed at anyone on this forum. 

• Like 6

Correct; if using y'all while addressing one person, someone else not present if implied.

For example: "What are y'all doing for dinner?" implies a wife &\or family, too.

The term dinner implies something else in Southern; but that's another term for another day...

• Like 5

Correct; if using y'all while addressing one person, someone else not present if implied.

For example: "What are y'all doing for dinner?" implies a wife &\or family, too.

The term dinner implies something else in Southern; but that's another term for another day...

You got that right. Don't confuse dinner and supper.

• Like 6

A chilly mid 30's on tap here tonight............It all good the heat tape / insulation is up and running, should have no repeats of this mornings freeze up

Alone time yet again and Patricia Barber is sounding pretty damn good on the HD800's,  JRMC's Parametric EQ is a nice little perc to have on board the player

should be some DAC comparisons happening here tomorrow, the new Schiit Bifrost Multibit VS Upgraded Havana I predict a big fat let down where Havana holds her ground

Good Evening Y'all

• Like 6

Good evening.......y'all

Just catching up on posts....not much going on....was a good day...

Yes it getting chilly here for sure and I wimped out and wore the long pants today...it was just to damn cold for shorts.

Ever know some of those people that wear shorts all year? The Interstate Battery guy that comes to the shop wears shorts all year....it'll be below zero with crazy wind chill and he will have shorts on. Now he is one of those BIG boys...I think his calf's are the size of my torso.....

Yesterday began the battle of the leaves......I sucked up the leaves on the deck with my Echo leaf blower/vac. The little Echo is my latest addition to combat my leaves.

Ok I'll check-in........in the AM......good night all.......or y'all....

MKP :-)

• Like 8

Good evening.......y'all

Just catching up on posts....not much going on....was a good day...

Yes it getting chilly here for sure and I wimped out and wore the long pants today...it was just to damn cold for shorts.

Ever know some of those people that wear shorts all year? The Interstate Battery guy that comes to the shop wears shorts all year....it'll be below zero with crazy wind chill and he will have shorts on. Now he is one of those BIG boys...I think his calf's are the size of my torso.....

Yesterday began the battle of the leaves......I sucked up the leaves on the deck with my Echo leaf blower/vac. The little Echo is my latest addition to combat my leaves.

Ok I'll check-in........in the AM......good night all.......or y'all....

MKP :-)

I like to think of it as getting smarter as we age instead of wimping out  :D

• Like 5

Good morning everyone. 

Currently 20 degrees warmer than this time yesterday, 52 now, 76 later. That's very good for us. I just heard the weather girl say something about a drastic temp change coming….I'm ignoring her :D

Off to make my frozen breakfast shake….no coffee for me, have a glorious day!

• Like 6

Morning all.  For some reason I'm craving tacos today.  I have no idea why.

Weather has been nice, we actually had a fire last weekend out on the patio.  I like this time of year.

We're anticipating the arrival of our daughter and son-in-law in a week.  They're moving to within about an hour from us as opposed to being 15 hours away for the last couple years.  They'll stay with us till they find a place to stay.  I REALLY need to get our bathroom done as we already have one semi permanent house guest (my nephew).  2 more cars in the driveway, two more people in the house and another Rottie should round things out nicely.  My wife and I love it though as we can't get enough of seeing and being around family.

• Like 8

Morning Gang

Dentist first up today, Gee my Fav thing to do ........Not.

80s+ for the week.

New project started last night, "Mailbox Alarm", you can buy cheap junk one's on the Bay but of course i need to do something a little different.

Slammin the Coffee, got to go.

And Y'all know what day it is.....

post-57941-0-31820000-1445347717_thumb.j

• Like 8