Cables, Coffee, Cycles, and Cocktails

Tarheel

Ceptorman, on 22 Oct 2015 - 10:08 AM, said:

dtel, on 22 Oct 2015 - 09:52 AM, said:

'Ceptorman', on 22 Oct 2015 - 06:00 AM, said:'Ceptorman', on 22 Oct 2015 - 06:00 AM, said:

Every year around this time I try to get away for a few days and go down to the Knoxville Tn area to ride their spectacular roads. Hwy 129 (Deals Gap, Tail of the Dragon) is on the list. In a 11 mile stretch of that road, there are 317 turns! Pretty darn amazing on a bike. Cherokee National Forest, the Skyway are also great areas around Knoxville and northwest NC.

Did the same thing last year but in Aug,(not as colorful) try to go check out the waterfall close to the end of the Skyway it's easy to get to and pretty big. I can't remember the name but there is a sign it's on the Tellico side of the parkway. We spent one Saturday just parked on the Dragon watching cars and bikes pass buy, our daughter and husband rode there bikes a few times on the tail.

I've ridden that area quite a bit, but I haven't scratched the surface of all the great scenery. I'm thinking about retiring around there.

I wouldn't blame you at all, it's a great looking area. We have been there a lot but like you there is much more we haven't seen, my favorite time of the year is fall with the colors.

Since you will be in the area Fontana dam is nice and a very curvy road to get there. https://www.tva.gov/Energy/Our-Power-System/Hydroelectric/Fontana-Reservoir

I have not been to the Fontana Dam area….it looks very nice.

It's not just the great roads and fantastic scenery that I like, it's the friendly people also. I can feel the stress leaving my body when I'm down there.

• Like 5

• Moderators
Tar Heel you're on page 616 and well on the way to 15k posts! I raise my coffee mug to you for a well thought out thread that has found longevity and brought a smile to many of us for a good while now! Cheers!

Very true, but one request can we just breeze by page 666 when we get there ?

• Like 7

Good Afternoon Gang

Up from Nap, crackin a New Belguim IPA and Cookies :emotion-22::emotion-21:

As stated earlier, an evenings work brought us our new mailbox alert device.

6+Hrs in a Gophers Belly, were are talkin entertainment here, if im not burnin myself with the Weller or Nippin my fingers Exacto style, im just not happy!

I posted to youtube, need to bump up the volume in the Gopher and, sew him up.

• Like 11

Mark i love it, i need you to design me a motor system to run my turntable draw out of the cabinet.

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

Piece of cake, linear actuators are great, and now most have auto turn off at both ends of travel, and you can buy them in any size/voltage/mounting you want, shop the Bay.

post-57941-0-74860000-1445552652_thumb.j

• Like 9

Happy Friday...

I had such a nice exhilarating motorcycle ride yesterday I thought I might do it again today! My material for a job was delayed till next Tuesday, so I'm not making anybody mad. 

I saw where tropical storm Patricia is making its way closer to the west side of Mexico. The Weather Channel says it's the most powerful storm they have ever recorded, could create some problems.

Have a great day….80 here today!!!

• Like 7

How's life treating you Norm?

Like it caught me sleeping with it's wife!

Morning Gents......off to breakfast with my chubby, hard of hearing, breakfast buds.  Reliving our glory days for an hour.

Off to the NC mountains in the morning.  Jake has a sitter but keep it quiet I haven't told him :ohmy: LF and I gave him a bath yesterday.  120 pounds of clean dog :D

Cheers Ladies :emotion-44: and Gents

• Like 9

Morning gang, sounds like some are having troubles out there and others are doing well, working on cup number two.  I had yesterday and today off, oh wait I have Monday off as well.   I was in the process of replacing the radiator on the Jeep, but then decided to add a 2" lift kit.  Anyways I will be finishing that up today,   Will I have to take the wife and kids to work and school, so I can have the car to run around and get parts needed to finish this project in the garage.  Maybe I will take some pics later for you folks, take care.

• Like 9

Mark i love it, i need you to design me a motor system to run my turntable draw out of the cabinet.

Piece of cake, linear actuators are great, and now most have auto turn off at both ends of travel, and you can buy them in any size/voltage/mounting you want, shop the Bay.

Linear actuators are great. I use one to lower and raise my projector for my home theater. I need it to drop the projector 24" to clear a huge 72" ceiling fan. Works like a champ. Here is a picture of the parts I used; actuator, pvc to channel the cables, power supply and projector mount with custom CNC machined adaptor. I built an A frame out of 2x4 lumber in the attic.

motorlift.jpg

• Like 9

but then decided to add a 2" lift kit.

You're smart not to go higher.

Morning all.  Looks like a wet weekend here.  guess I'll work in the bathroom :rolleyes: .  I plan on getting the tile done all the way up to the break then concentrate on getting the cabinets done so the granite guys can finish up.  Seems like this job will never end.

• Like 8