Cables, Coffee, Cycles, and Cocktails

Tarheel

• Moderators
Just got done crawling out of each of the four holes w/knee pads/paint brush/headlight.

I have to say that job sucks, did the same thing with stain and later oil, needless to say they don't get oiled regularly. 

That plate looks about right if you were to follow all recommendations, but seemingly perfectly healthy people die also so I will enjoy myself right up until the end.

• Like 4

Well you can paint "happy little trees" again, Bob Ross's videos are online now                      https://www.yahoo.com/tv/watch-the-beginning-of-bob-rosss-joy-of-155935656.html?soc_src=mail&soc_trk=ma

https://youtu.be/oh5p5f5_-7A

my brother is a painter. my brother is happy when he’s painting. my brother is not bob ross.

p.s. i tried to paint once, showed it to some folks--they called 911, they thought i was having a seizure (and my brother took the paint away from me--and i was in my 30s).

Edited by BigStewMan
  • Like 10

Hurricane Patricia's rain is here now, for 2-3 days!

At least it will leave before Halloween gets here, I hate to see the kids out in the rain. 

I like Halloween, I have a couple "dead men" hanging in the trees, and a fake motorcycle man sitting in a chair on my porch. 

My neighbor gives out candy to the kids, and coffer/hot chocolate to the parents. 

post-58190-0-44720000-1445939389_thumb.j

• Like 10

Hey gang, mornin'.

Almost forgot about Bob Ross and the happy trees ... I'm no artist at all but I can sorta identify with any guy who paints with a putty knife. I have an understanding of putty knives.

Ceptorman ... looks like a good Halloween set-up. We do an annual Halloween gig and it's on Friday this year. Willl have granddaughter and her parents at the house on Saturday. I have been informed that under NO circumstances will I be allowed to wear my Halloween clown mask and cape or even have it in the same room as the kid. That tells me that my costume shopping is a big success.

Tuesday cheers gang.

• Like 5

Just got done crawling out of each of the four holes w/knee pads/paint brush/headlight.

I have to say that job sucks, did the same thing with stain and later oil, needless to say they don't get oiled regularly. 

That plate looks about right if you were to follow all recommendations, but seemingly perfectly healthy people die also so I will enjoy myself right up until the end.

I should have said, "Crawling IN and out" of the holes, first i had to Vacume W/brush, 1/4" Dust all surfaces, then simple green, then cut in the black paint, glad this is the last Bin and last of the parts.

• Like 6

Morning Gang

70s and grey sky's that means nothing unless something falls outta them.

Farm run in a few Min. iv been notified i have some Olives waiting for me.

Turkey/Avacado/Bacon Club for breakfast on the way out.

First cup down going more, out of the Duggans.

post-57941-0-75280000-1445956046_thumb.p

Edited by minermark
  • Like 9

Good Tuesday everyone! The daylight is noticeably less already and we flip the clocks this weekend which will make it dark even earlier in the evening, time to combat the dark doldrums. Enjoying my first cup pre-work, looking forward to the fall classic which kicks off tonight. Still car hunting, I've decided it's not my favorite activity, but it could be so much worse! Enjoy the day!

• Like 8

Morning Gents.

Back from the hills visiting sister, her husband, a cousin and her husband.  Great fun, food, and drink.  Leaves still pretty though we were about ten days late for the peak. 

Jake stayed here with a sitter coming in twice a day.  He did fine.

LF off to have pictures enlarged and purchase thank you notes.

I'm wet mopping floors and getting things in order.  Jake apparently only cleaned his plate while we were gone.

Glad everyone is well.  Good luck with the car search Dave. 

Pics of the speakers when done Mark?

Cheers Ladies :emotion-44: and Gents

• Like 7

One more thing: we have learned a lot about vehicles/dealers and craigslist in our two and a half week, relatively intensive vehicle quest. First, dealers put vehicles on their websites with prices before they even know if they can sell them yet or not, they may not pass inspection and are fairly frequently auctioned off. Secondly, "very clean" on the cl headline is quiiiite subjective. :) Thirdly, one salesman told me they make 25% of the gross sale. This helps me understand the lack of desire to come down to nada/kbb deal levels.

We are looking for used, but I came across this gem up here and thought, if I sold 3-4 of these a year at 25%, I'd be doing ok! :-) (not affiliated with sale)

http://www.alaskasalesandservice.com/VehicleDetails/new-2016-Cadillac-Escalade-4WD_Platinum-Anchorage-AK/2640780023

• Like 4

• Moderators
p.s. i tried to paint once, showed it to some folks--they called 911, they thought i was having a seizure (and my brother took the paint away from me--and i was in my 30s).

I tried to paint twice, the first time was on an old saw blade, like you see in tourist shops, gave up. The second time was on a cement patio table, it's still there, it's ok I got lucky and knew when to stop trying to fix it.

• Like 4

• Moderators

I should have said, "Crawling IN and out" of the holes, first i had to Vacume W/brush, 1/4" Dust all surfaces, then simple green, then cut in the black paint, glad this is the last Bin and last of the parts.

For once I wasn't joking, I didn't even catch the way you said it.  :lol:

I had the same problem you probably had, I'm not small and it's tough reaching inside to wipe on stain. When i oil them I use a stick with a rag with oil on it to reach the hard spots, it's no fun, probably why it's only been done twice in years. Our youngest granddaughter is small, she got the job of dusting the insides last. For my big @zz it's hard to get the right angle to reach where I need to, it's a workout moving like that.

• Like 4