Cables, Coffee, Cycles, and Cocktails

Tarheel

but then decided to add a 2" lift kit.

You're smart not to go higher.

Morning all. Looks like a wet weekend here. guess I'll work in the bathroom :rolleyes: . I plan on getting the tile done all the way up to the break then concentrate on getting the cabinets done so the granite guys can finish up. Seems like this job will never end.

Im more or less doing it to level it out. I will be putting 30×9.5x15. I dont go off roading so i dont feel the need to have a jacked up Jeep.

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

• Like 10

Happy Friday guys. Looks like relief from 2 days of rain. . Will need some sun for yard clean up this weekend.

Great creative work Mark and Luther. That's stuff I never would have thought of.

Chuck ... let us know how your excursion with LF goes ... sounds like fun. Poor Jake is stuck with a sitter ...he has been complaining to Baxter

Enjoy your day, all.

• Like 9

Very cool Luther.  What subwoofer are you running?  You'd think it would shake the projector hanging down like that.

I run a Danley Sound Labs DTS-10. It physically sits in the next room and fires through an opening in the wall. The mount is tied into the ceiling joists, so as long as I don't shake the ceiling, I should be OK. It has been up for a couple years now without issue and I  have done some serious cranking during movies with good LFE.

Edited by Wardsweb
  • Like 6

That's a great sub.  I'll bet it sounds nice.  I've always wanted a projector but it's not practical in the room we have to work with.

I really REALLY like the DTS-10. You can feel the bass. I drive it with a Behringer EP4000. Here is a picture of my old system that shows you the size of the sub (dual 15" tapped horn). The Marting Logan Prodigy were replaced with Klipsch Jubilee.

DTS10_59.jpg

• Like 9

I'm very familiar with the sub.  I believe that's the same sub dtel uses (clone version).  It's a dual driver tapped horn correct?

You are correct. It uses two 15" subs in a tapped horn configuration. I bought mine as a kit and assembled it myself. It came in raw Baltic birch. I veneered mine with macassar ebony.

• Like 5

It uses two 15" subs in a tapped horn configuration

I don't believe that's correct.

There are two different ones, the ones dtel and i built which are the spuds which are a bit smaller, then there are the dts-10s which are bigger.

• Like 5

Morning gang, sounds like some are having troubles out there and others are doing well, working on cup number two.  I had yesterday and today off, oh wait I have Monday off as well.   I was in the process of replacing the radiator on the Jeep, but then decided to add a 2" lift kit.  Anyways I will be finishing that up today,   Will I have to take the wife and kids to work and school, so I can have the car to run around and get parts needed to finish this project in the garage.  Maybe I will take some pics later for you folks, take care.

So, what you're saying is that you're a go-getter, take her to work then go-getter?

I also like the Jeep part…" I was in the process of replacing a radiator on the Jeep, but then decided to add a 2" lift kit" :D

Awesome decision!

• Like 5

Morning Gang

This first cup is just not engaging brain, must get more.

80s+ yet again and it appears Texas has some rain coming from the south soon.

Idaho will see rain from this Cat5 coming from Mexico huggin the coast currently.

MAYBE we will get wet next week.

Farm run/Breakfast Burritos for the day.

post-57941-0-45180000-1445614009_thumb.j

• Like 6

• Moderators
duder1982, on 23 Oct 2015 - 09:37 AM, said:

CECAA850, on 23 Oct 2015 - 09:29 AM, said:

Wardsweb, on 23 Oct 2015 - 09:28 AM, said:

It uses two 15" subs in a tapped horn configuration

I don't believe that's correct.

There are two different ones, the ones dtel and i built which are the spuds which are a bit smaller, then there are the dts-10s which are bigger.

That's true, I built the smaller version spud and it does sound good, I wish I had built the bigger version, not sure why ? :blink: I could always build another for the opposite corner which was kind of the plan. The only thing that stopped me is I would have to get another amp which cost probably more than the spud I would think.

All this and we don't really watch movies much at all, but with the new Tv this may change. :emotion-21:  

• Like 4

• Moderators
minermark, on 23 Oct 2015 - 10:26 AM, said: This first cup is just not engaging brain, must get more.

I know how that feels, someone was delivering firewood this morning the wife woke me up saying he's on his way, so I was quickly drinking coffee to try to wake up. I hate to leave the guy unload a cord of wood by himself but it's over now, I love the smell of a stack of Oak.

The scientist quote is funny and true. :emotion-21:

Edited by dtel
  • Like 5

• Moderators

She was busy, :D watching, then the hard part of handing over the money, but it was a good price. :unsure:

I can't complain it's like pre-paid heat, (and our only heat) the electric bill will drop a lot for winter.

• Like 5

She was busy, :D watching, then the hard part of handing over the money, but it was a good price. :unsure:

I can't complain it's like pre-paid heat, (and our only heat) the electric bill will drop a lot for winter.

for those of you that actually need a heater...haven't used one in years.

Edited by BigStewMan
  • Like 6