Cables, Coffee, Cycles, and Cocktails

Tarheel

Happy Wednesday all. Rainy chilly day out here ... not expected to go over 50. Warmer later in the week. Plan on doing some jammin' with a guitar bud this afternoon. Been a long time.

Welcome home Eldon!! It's always nice to get off the road. Spent most of my work life in travel jobs.

Cheers, folks.

• Like 8

Happy HUMP day Y'all

up to late listening to the DAcs and dragging this AM.........................Dr appointment today for RRB gotta go 50 miles to have some Dr. tell me my Own Dr. is wrong and I should start work in a new field I have no training for. all to keep from paying the benefits I paid for while working

post-14548-0-87700000-1445435601.jpg

• Like 7

I'm a recovering home body guys but planning on Rodney's retreat in April.  Going to sister's house in the NC mountains this weekend and know already I will be glad to be back home :wacko:  Joe says he is a third wheel but I'm going to twist his arm till he talks to me.  I can probably get him going by saying all DACs sound the same.

Jake wandered again this morning and I rode the neighborhood in shorts and flip flops looking for him. Chilly ride at 50 degrees on the bike.

LF playing tennis.  Rode to the courts in her spiffy new golf cart.

Anyone who can't get enough audio talk and are members of FB there are numerous subgroups there.  JC Phono Works, Open Reel & Cassette, Vintage Open Reel, Vinyl Discoveries.......and many more. 

Cheers Ladies :emotion-44: and Gents

• Like 10

Morning Gang

80s+ projected and very dry.

I believe a farm run is the order of the day.

Detel is back, a good thing.

Bay purchases coming in daily, great projects lining up.

LED bulbs are pretty close to being dialed in as far a natural lighting goes, all are made in China and iv been buying them for a couple years just a bulb now and then, testing/burnin/pricing.

The reason for bringing this up is, look at the Bay pricing/shipping and at @2.37 for a bulb w/free shipping this cannot be beat.

Almost have the entire house converted to LED, and it does make a big change in the power bill.

Next time you go to the local home store, take a look at their live display of "Lit Bulbs" observe the one you like a make a note of it. shop the Bay for killer pricing/free shipping from China.

Time for the third Cup-0-Joe Duggans enhanced.

post-57941-0-29180000-1445439584_thumb.j

• Like 10

• Moderators

Good Morning Ya'll. Nice mid 70's on the drive into work. Looks like 80% chance of rain today and more the rest of the week. We could use it here. Time to get through some emails and get my work day started. Be good and if you can't be good, be careful.

Or...be a warning!

• Like 4

I got a bunch of LED bulbs a few months ago (GE) when they went on sale at Target.  Finally hit a price point I could live with.   Color is decent but there is a very slight buzz so I can't have them installed where they are more than 4 or 5 feet from my ears.  Not going near my main audio setup for sure.   Also, 3 months in and I already had one go bad.  I saved the receipt but now can't find it... So much for 5 year warranty.

• Like 5

If you have several 4ft fluorescent lights around your house/shop/etc you might consider this option. LED replacements are being made that bypass your ballast, use less energy, and put out more light. I'm considering buying this lot and retrofitting my 4fters to LED. Simple wiring change is required (as explained in this ad) that bypasses the ballast. Check it out. 

http://www.ebay.com/itm/151782700869?_trksid=p2060353.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

• Like 5

• Moderators
I'm a recovering home body guys but planning on Rodney's retreat in April. Going to sister's house in the NC mountains this weekend and know already I will be glad to be back home Joe says he is a third wheel but I'm going to twist his arm till he talks to me. I can probably get him going by saying all DACs sound the same.

That's great news, yes any DAC question will get Joe to come alive. It would be nice if Joe made it, he can get reminded what speakers sound like that are NOT strapped to your head ! :ph34r:  :lol:  

• Like 4

• Moderators
Almost have the entire house converted to LED, and it does make a big change in the power bill.

I would imagine it would, we switched to the little curly florescents as soon as the price came down and seen a difference in the bill. The thing I really liked about the florescent is they last a long time, it seemed to be constant replacement with the old incandescent and the florescent seem to never die. 

• Like 5