Cables, Coffee, Cycles, and Cocktails

Tarheel

Afternoon Gang

In and out of the Dentist in 5min, i like that.

Went to my local Pub for my weekly flyby, won the 3rd quarter of the 9ers game, $125  :o  went to costco spent $135 :o

Costco GreyGoose and some BM mix for this evening.

Burritos on the menu i believe.

That BM is sounding pretty good right about now Hummmm :ph34r: 

Taking a break on the McMs, mailbox refurb/alarm is more fun.  

• Like 8

Afternoon y'all

Not much going on.....nice day at the shop....got some good work....and I finally think I have fixed this Mazda 6......this thing has been driving me nuts. The used car guys sold it a few weeks ago. The girl brought it back saying the alarm would go off.

Well I am not the Mazda "guru"...... but I think I got it....a bad L/R door latch.....so far sa good, has not gone off for a few hours...

So I'm getting ready to crest the "1000th" post..... I'm gonna try and make it a good one....might even start a thread.....I don't know....just been thinking about it....gotta get my words of wisdom together..lol lol

OK guys....have a great day.....

MKP :-)

• Like 9

• Moderators
Wardsweb, on 20 Oct 2015 - 1:24 PM, said:

dtel, on 20 Oct 2015 - 1:02 PM, said:

Back home, glad to see everyone has been busy, it's nice to be home.

No matter how nice it is when you're away, sleeping in your own bed is the best.

Very true, and back to your own stuff like Gorge Carlin would say. 

• Like 3

• Moderators
joessportster, on 20 Oct 2015 - 2:21 PM, said:

Go for it MKP, 

So Dtel I am wondering if you will miss your new squeeze  :D  you looked awful comfortable in that situation  :P

Yes I will miss him but it was not how it looked, although it looked pretty bad.

What happened was he did that same thing about fifteen minutes earlier and I was in shock. Then apparently my wife told him to do it again so she could video it, I didn't know she was using her phone to make a video. Roy snuck up and did it the second time, it was more of a shock than the first time. :blink:

Within 2 minutes Roy and my wife was busy posting it, they couldn't wait, Roy told me "he was going to make me famous for all the wrong reasons", :mellow:

• Like 7

No surprise to you guys that i'm a bit different than many. I LOVE leaving town and find myself emotionally down when i'm on my way home.

I'm like that a lot. I could tour around forever. But coming home is nice too.

Hey Steve, have you seen Ann and Nancy on the tv show The Interview? It's on AXSTV, an hour long. It's hosted by Dan Rather. It's very good, and new for 2015.

• Like 5

No surprise to you guys that i'm a bit different than many. I LOVE leaving town and find myself emotionally down when i'm on my way home.

I'm like that a lot. I could tour around forever. But coming home is nice too.

Hey Steve, have you seen Ann and Nancy on the tv show The Interview? It's on AXSTV, an hour long. It's hosted by Dan Rather. It's very good, and new for 2015.

no i’ve not seen that one.  I don’t get that channel; but, maybe someone will put it on you tube. i hear Ann’s solo gig is quite impressive.

• Like 3

Go for it MKP, 

So Dtel I am wondering if you will miss your new squeeze  :D  you looked awful comfortable in that situation  :P

Yes I will miss him but it was not how it looked, although it looked pretty bad.

What happened was he did that same thing about fifteen minutes earlier and I was in shock. Then apparently my wife told him to do it again so she could video it, I didn't know she was using her phone to make a video. Roy snuck up and did it the second time, it was more of a shock than the first time. :blink:

Within 2 minutes Roy and my wife was busy posting it, they couldn't wait, Roy told me "he was going to make me famous for all the wrong reasons", :mellow:

Funny how wives will incite these adventures  :D   you have obviously learned over the years to ignore the abuse and it goes away quickly.  That was a BIG lesson one needed in the Military and in construction, show 1 ounce of frailty and they pounced non stop

It really looked like a great time between great friends,  I really hope my SCHIIT settles b-4 the next gathering, if it does I would love to attend (and I am someone that absolutely hates crowds, wont go to most parties always felt like a 3rd wheel)

• Like 3

• Moderators

I love going out of town also but in most cases at some point I am perfectly fine coming back home, we have been gone a lot over the summer so I am ready for some time home.

• Like 6

• Moderators
joessportster, on 20 Oct 2015 - 8:54 PM, said:

dtel, on 20 Oct 2015 - 7:23 PM, said:

Go for it MKP, 

Funny how wives will incite these adventures  :D   you have obviously learned over the years to ignore the abuse and it goes away quickly.  That was a BIG lesson one needed in the Military and in construction, show 1 ounce of frailty and they pounced non stop

It really looked like a great time between great friends,  I really hope my SCHIIT settles b-4 the next gathering, if it does I would love to attend (and I am someone that absolutely hates crowds, wont go to most parties always felt like a 3rd wheel)

I tried to ignore it but was reminded of it regularly for days, it was all in fun but still shocking. :huh:  I have known Roy for a bunch of years now as many here, and no one would have expected him of all people to go through with a joke like this, I guess that's why it worked so well.

I would tell you and anyone interested in going to just go, you will have fun and be relaxed in a place where you "almost" can't get thrown out. :emotion-19:  :emotion-21: To give you an idea, this weekend there were 4 stacks of KP 600's cranked up well into the mornings, and this is serious power, I think we scared the cows to the other side of the property. 

post-9700-0-94420000-1445398665_thumb.jp

• Like 8

I love going out of town also but in most cases at some point I am perfectly fine coming back home, we have been gone a lot over the summer so I am ready for some time home.

i’m glad you like “home”  that’s a good thing.

just another way how i’m messed up.  my life has been kinda weird.  I did always feel like I was going home when i went back to Oakland; but, now that my Aunt died a few months ago (she took me in when i was 8 after my parents died) i feel like that link to “the normal me" is gone.  She was the last of that generation--now my family just seems like a history book. 

Edited by BigStewMan
  • Like 3

• Moderators

But you are now the generation, it's the way it works. My parents are gone so for the younger people in our family I am now the oldest, not that I could replace anyone or would want to, it's just the way things go.

No one get's out alive, memories, it's why we have them I guess to remember and respect the one's before us. 

Your probably more normal than you think, you just had some terrible luck at times. Memories are real 

• Like 6

Good Morning Ya'll. Nice mid 70's on the drive into work. Looks like 80% chance of rain today and more the rest of the week. We could use it here. Time to get through some emails and get my work day started. Be good and if you can't be good, be careful.

Got the top down?

• Like 5