Cables, Coffee, Cycles, and Cocktails

Tarheel

So the dog got a new home

That's a good deal all the way around.

We got a large dog who just was not happy living with us. Tore up my screen door, chewed up my garden hoses. But when he was with my brother he was very well behaved. They would go out drinking together. Whiskey from the same bottle. Doing loops in an airplane (Just Once). That dog would ride anything at least once. He used to sit on the back of the honda 750 doing about 100 mph and grin from ear to ear.

My brother and him got along so well that I told my brother to take him. He would be happier. He became very well behaved except for Saturday morning when he would run off to our dad's house for Pan Cakes and bacon.

• Like 3

• Moderators
So the dog got a new home

That's a good deal all the way around.

We got a large dog who just was not happy living with us. Tore up my screen door, chewed up my garden hoses. But when he was with my brother he was very well behaved. They would go out drinking together. Whiskey from the same bottle. Doing loops in an airplane (Just Once). That dog would ride anything at least once. He used to sit on the back of the honda 750 doing about 100 mph and grin from ear to ear.

My brother and him got along so well that I told my brother to take him. He would be happier. He became very well behaved except for Saturday morning when he would run off to our dad's house for Pan Cakes and bacon.

Sounds like a smart dog, I think I would have went with him on Saturday mornings.

I think some dogs are just to smart for there own good, the little shelter dog we have now is a min-pin, it has done very well to train me to whatever he wants, my wife just laughs and says he only does that to you because he knows he can get away with it. It's true

• Like 1

wstrickland1, on 12 Jun 2014 - 6:08 PM, said:

if this thread were a ship it'd be the Edmund Fitzgerald

MY REPLY:

(With apologies to the late Gordon Lightfoot)

The tweeter and woofers made a tattle-tale sound

And the crossovers sounded dead hollow

And every man knew, as the DJ did too

'Twas the witch of BOSE speakers come stealin'

The dawn came late and the Coffee and Cables had to wait

When the nasty posters came slashin'

When afternoon came it was the same old refrain

With another OP gettin' hammered

When suppertime came, the cassette deck was playin'

Singin' "Fellas, I'm good as old vinyl

At seven PM all the posters chimed in

Sayin, "Fellas, the cassette decks unreelin'"

The Moderator wired in he had thread crap comin' in

And the Forum was now in great peril

And later that night when the tube amp's lights went out of sight

Came the wreck of the Klipsch Forum mighty

Does anyone know where the love of BOXX goes

When nasty posts turn the minutes to hours?

The Queen she did say

There are "Warnings" on the way

With the wreck of the Klipsch Posters Forum

Edited by eth2
  • Like 3

Mornin gang, before even my first cup, greeting the wife as she wakes up, she say's adjust the price of her Chorus's, she said move them on out.

So on the CL/Ebay ill drop to $450 OBO, she has always held firm on getting what she paid for them, I think she has the Thunder Valley Bug.

• Like 2

Mornin gang, before even my first cup, greeting the wife as she wakes up, she say's adjust the price of her Chorus's, she said move them on out.

So on the CL/Ebay ill drop to $450 OBO, she has always held firm on getting what she paid for them, I think she has the Thunder Valley Bug.

Man! how are you going to cover shipping to the East Coast for only $450?

Ah, my man, Earl, no there aint no shipping except from her garage to the curb. or maybe my truck bed for a short trip.

They have been sitting and wired in "Her" garage for the last week, I think she is tired of looking at them.

The weather has been awesome here, and the 2 power amps I recently purchased showed yo today. My wife was concerned when the UPS guy showed up with a package on a 2 wheeler.

Pictures duder?

Good post Earl....what thread was that? Must have missed it.

Critter is fine though I think he has been pouting a little since yesterday when the lady friend and I wanted a little alone time :emotion-25:

Cheers :emotion-44: Gents

• Like 2

Ah, my man, Earl, no there aint no shipping except from her garage to the curb. or maybe my truck bed for a short trip.

They have been sitting and wired in "Her" garage for the last week, I think she is tired of looking at them.

All things are relative. To an astronaut contemplating a trip to Mars, Ithaca is just a hop, skip and a jump. Mark, you think of yourself as an astronaut don't you?

The weather has been awesome here, and the 2 power amps I recently purchased showed yo today. My wife was concerned when the UPS guy showed up with a package on a 2 wheeler.

Pictures duder?

Good post Earl....what thread was that? Must have missed it.

Critter is fine though I think he has been pouting a little since yesterday when the lady friend and I wanted a little alone time :emotion-25:

Cheers :emotion-44: Gents

The Cornwall 1.5 thread.

• Like 1

All things are relative. To an astronaut contemplating a trip to Mars, Ithaca is just a hop, skip and a jump. Mark, you think of yourself as an astronaut don't you?

Well being retired, and in this hobby, able to jump into the truck and go fetch just about anything I want anywhere I want, guess I am sort of an astronaut.

• Like 2

Well being retired, and in this hobby, able to jump into the truck and go fetch just about anything I want anywhere I want, guess I am sort of an astronaut.

Great! See you soon..please wrap them carefully. :ph34r:

Does anyone balance a check book anymore these day

Nah! It just confirms how ill I have become since February.

Earl, I only beat you by a month, forum wise 1/25/14.

However you sir have collected the "Living Museum" of the heritage line, PWK would be Proud :)

• Like 4

If PWK were alive he would be sending Earl "Prototypes".

P.S. Earl, iv given some thought to that "New Room" addition we were discussing, if im correct in my figures, it comes to aprox 200+ yards of concrete for the Pad, and will resemble an aircraft hanger, I hope you have some good ideas for window trim.

Edited by minermark

However you sir have collected the "Living Museum" of the heritage line, PWK would be Proud :)

Maybe, but you have taken the contest to a whole new level with your latest acquisition.

By the way, could you turn the volume up a bit? I am having trouble hearing everything when trucks go past the house.

Edited by eth2

Maybe, but you have taken the contest to a whole new level with your latest acquisition.

Still remaining a faithfull Klipsch owner (The Wife) as for me nothing but bigger/badder/cleaner/chrisper and last but not least, more filling.

Let's not forget to throw in the fact, I can no longer lift my speakers, even one of them, @550Lbs per stack, im glad I put wheels on them....... :rolleyes:

Edited by minermark

Still remaining a faithfull Klipsch owner (The Wife) as for me nothing but bigger/badder/cleaner/chrisper and last but not least, more filling.

Let's not forget to throw in the fact, I can no longer lift my speakers, even one of them, @550Lbs per stack, im glad I put wheels on them....... :rolleyes:

Don't worry, I am here for you.