Cables, Coffee, Cycles, and Cocktails

Tarheel

So it's been a week since "The stacks from hell" have been residing in the cave, two days of listening Nervana, and as the day's fly by, I must admit acquiring more has again crossed my mind, not bigger than these critters, just more of the same.

Salesbaron does have at least 6 more sets as of last week and it's not like I don't know how to get there.

Just the thought of these fantastic speakers sitting in a lonely dark warehouse is costing me sleep.

I could tell the wife there could be a "Rescue Mission" coming up just to test the waters, Ya Think ?

• Like 3

Does anyone balance a check book anymore these day

Nah! It just confirms how ill I have become since February.

Earl, I only beat you by a month, forum wise 1/25/14.

However you sir have collected the "Living Museum" of the heritage line, PWK would be Proud :)

Maybe, but you have taken the contest to a whole new level with your latest acquisition.

Still remaining a faithfull Klipsch owner (The Wife) as for me nothing but bigger/badder/cleaner/chrisper and last but not least, more filling.

Let's not forget to throw in the fact, I can no longer lift my speakers, even one of them, @550Lbs per stack, im glad I put wheels on them....... :rolleyes:

Don't worry, I am here for you.attachicon.gifarnold-schwarzenegger.jpg

:emotion-21::emotion-21: :emotion-21: :emotion-21::emotion-21: As usual, wake up and outta likes....P.S. my former Gov is a worthless POS. sided with the Indians and took away my Gold Dredging hobby.

• Like 2

Pictures duder

As you requested.

I love everything in that pic.

Mac equip.

Room under construction.

Plug strip with EVERY outlet used.

Foamed in Base plate(s).

Conduit run(s) and or outlet(s).

Outstanding Bass box's.

And you did all this drinkin "Lite Beer" ? when your done id be happy to send you a break-in-the-room-Libation. :emotion-21::emotion-21:

• Like 2

• Moderators

I could tell the wife there could be a "Rescue Mission" coming up just to test the waters, Ya Think ?

Now I'm getting worried, you could try it but you might be the one needing the rescue after that question, or she may start calling around to get prices on installing rubber on the cave walls and one of those pretty white jackets for you.

Or get three more stacks and buy an empty field and open a drive in theater but for lounge chairs ?

As they pay Just stamp there hands as they come in.

post-9700-0-95640000-1402676739.jpg

Edited by dtel
  • Like 2

Mornin Gang

Road Trip !

Bay area run, and that means Napa/wine run.

Taking the wife's Toyota and that means, No speaker acquiring, none, nada, zero, zip. :mellow2:

Iv just been informed by the wife, Napa isn't even close to where we are going, so that tells me being retired, I not only lost sense of time/day, lets add direction to that.

So I ask the wife, well just what is out there besides beer and Crab ?, not much, her response.

We will come home the "Winging it Method", where we don't return the same way we got there.

Edited by minermark
  • Like 3

Morning Motely Crue, anything exciting today. Not much here, though I feel like there is something I have to do today. Anyway beautiful morning out there, after I finish my emails. I am heading to the deck to enjoy my coffee. Well we'll see you after a bit.

so that tells me being retired, I not only lost sense of time/day, lets add direction to that.

Its Saturday and the bathroom is down the hall and to the left.

• Like 3

• Moderators

Breakfast out at 8:00....watching a little of the US Open preliminaries. Postpone yard work till tomorrow.

Cheers :emotion-44: Gents

Words of a true retiree, good deal, you can do things at any pace you choose now.

Your a good man Charlie Brown

• Like 2

Dinner and dance with lady friend.....a little heavy into the Jack Black.

Critter fed and walked. Working on cup #2. May watch end of US Open...will have to pull for the guy who has had two heart transplants.....he deserves a break.

Cheers :emotion-44::emotion-29: Gents

• Like 3

Happy fathers day to all you dads out there. The wife is cooking breakfast or brunch now, as we slept in. Son has a baseball game at one, other then dropping off some stuff at Goodwill. there's not much going on around here.

My daughter is watching a video of someone playing a video game, as she is playing a video game. I don't get kids these days,(dam I sound old).

• Like 3

• Moderators

Hope all you dads had a good day, never did much, family all came over smoked/grilled some burgers and dogs and pretty much sat around with everybody out in the bar most of the day. Hours of time hanging in the hammocks talking with a little American honey to sip on.

It's hard to have a bad time with over 3/4 of the day grilling and laying in a hammock listening to music.

Edited by dtel
  • Like 4

Morning gang, first pot-is-a-brewin.

Spent the entire day yesterday component shopping/ideas and learning crossover design, active, bi-amping, tri-amping.

Breaking away from the norm of everything we think is normal design/pricing for said design.

Amazing the components that can be found, throughout the world of audio, I barley scratched the surface, every crossover we have seen, iv found the parts for, here and there.

In the cave, silence all day, wife had her khorns cranked, (cannot hear them out here) so no nap in the house.

Beer, Coronas/lime, maduros, choc chip cookies.

• Like 4

First cup in, getting ready for the office and back to the daily grind.

Dtel that sounds like a wonderful day, I need to find a way to incorporate a hammock into backyard.

Yes minermark, there is so much out there to play with, they can get overwhelming, but I am sure you will come up with something.

• Like 2

Sounds like you guys had a good day :emotion-21:

Lady friend took me out to breakfast since I am now Jake's dad. She also bought Jake a kiddy pool and after going to Sears for an air hose adaptor we pumped it up and put about 8"of water in it. Jake crawled in and stretched out in the water for a few minutes.

Seems the critter's neck is too big for most collars. Looking for one about 29-31" around.

Went to Whole Foods and got the butcher to cut up a couple of large bones that kept him entertained for quite some time.

Later lady friend went to spend some time with her daughter so I grilled a couple of chuck eyes and shared a few bites with the critter.

Such is life in the slow lane.

Cheers :emotion-44: Gents

• Like 3