Cables, Coffee, Cycles, and Cocktails

Tarheel

So the wife and I enjoying a libation yesterday after her work day, she comments, you need to get out of here for a day, staying at home will drive you nut's.

So im thinking where I can go, what to do, and suddenly realized, Everyone in my of circle of friends owns a bar. never really thought about it before.

By design I do not go to town much.

Over the years iv set every one up with CCTV, im not in a pub two min and im in the back room with a $100 bottle of scotch.

One of my pubs see's me there, they sit a bottle/shot glass in front of me, on the bar wile pouring me Guinness, kind of cool like the old western days, makes you feel pretty dam strange when other people are watchin Ya pour your own, I as much told one owner this one day, he said have a couple drinks and you wont care.

The employees love seeing me come in because they know every dollar goes to them.(heavy tipper).

Ill think of something to do........................waiting for my crossovers Thursday.

• Like 3

So the wife and I enjoying a libation yesterday after her work day, she comments, you need to get out of here for a day, staying at home will drive you nut's.

So im thinking where I can go, what to do, and suddenly realized, Everyone in my of circle of friends owns a bar. never really thought about it before.

Over the years iv set every one up with CCTV, im not in a pub two min and im in the back room with a $100 bottle of scotch.

One of my pubs see's me there, they sit a bottle/shot glass in front of me, on the bar wile pouring me Guinness, kind of cool like the old western days, makes you feel pretty dam strange when other people are watchin Ya pour your own, I as much told one owner this one day, he said have a couple drinks and you wont care.

The employees love seeing me come in because they know every dollar goes to them.(heavy tipper).

Ill think of something to do........................waiting for my crossovers Thursday.

Stranger: Marks been away for awhile.

Me: Ya, he had to go on an unplanned trip.

Stranger: Really? Where did he go?

Me: Rancho Mirage, CA

Stranger: Wow, it s really beautiful there.

Me: He doesn't get out much.

Stranger: Why the trip?

Me: It followed several trips to town.

Stanger: I don't understand.

Me: http://www.bettyfordcenter.org/index.php

• Like 1

Stranger: Marks been away for awhile.

Me: Ya, he had to go on an unplanned trip.

Stranger: Really? Where did he go?

Me: Rancho Mirage, CA

Stranger: Wow, it s really beautiful there.

Me: He doesn't get out much.

Stranger: Why the trip?

Me: It followed several trips to town.

Stanger: I don't understand.

Me: http://www.bettyfordcenter.org/index.php

Funny you brought that up, wile living in the OC I built a few spec homes in Palm Springs, and saw this place being built.

Great place to pick up women w/money if your into that kind of thing, I wasn't.

You see Drinking has not been a problem by design, never has been, as an Irishman, sure I talk about it a lot, but when out, one is the norm.

• Like 2

• Moderators
then, um............unknown at this time.

Why not take that great looking bike out for a ride ?

Maby you need a trailer for the bike, take it up in the mountains where it's a little cooler for a ride, and on road trips for something different ?

Edited by dtel
  • Like 2

Mornin Gang, 80s today, much better.

I see from the little news I watch anymore, some of you are getting pretty wet or worse.

Waiting on my crossover components coming in slowly.

Have not seen much of Tarheel, hope everything is well.

Eth2 has been getting his share of Drama lately form what I see, electrical disturbance in the force.

Coffee is up, and the Duggans is a pourin.

Edited by minermark
  • Like 2

It is raining and humid here in beautiful Upstate New York. Birds are chirping and the dogs are restless since they cannot go out and chase the rabbits. It is one of those days when it just feels like life sucks. Maybe it is just that stale cigar I smoked last night.

• Like 1

It is raining and humid here in beautiful Upstate New York. Birds are chirping and the dogs are restless since they cannot go out and chase the rabbits. It is one of those days when it just feels like life sucks. Maybe it is just that stale cigar I smoked last night.

Stale Cigar ?, I should have you brought up on charges for that insurrection !

My Humidor seems to run @ 83%, I know just a tad high, but w/two vapor blocks in there it only got to 68 RH, three blocks seem to put up there and maintains it for weeks.

You need to tell me you Fav, ill be up to Reno at my cigar shop in a couple of weeks, I pick up Maduros, and hella cheap prices, family run place.

Edited by minermark
  • Like 1

Stale Cigar ?, I should have you brought up on charges for that insurrection !

My Humidor seems to run @ 83%, I know just a tad high, but w/two vapor blocks in there it only got to 68 RH, three blocks seem to put up there and maintains it for weeks.

You need to tell me you Fav, ill be up to Reno at my cigar shop in a couple of weeks, I pick up Maduros, and hella cheap prices, family run place.

I use one of those crystal gel cups, and mine runs right around 70% give or take. Any of you guys like sweet cigard. My local shop has some custom made the local golfers go nuts for.

Hot and humid, we just got dumped on and are looking at potential flooding if the levels don't drop. Time to go make some Gatorade for the guys in the shop.

• Like 2

sunny.png
104°
Mon
sunny.png
104°
61°
Tue
sunny.png
102°
61°
Wed
sunny.png
106°
59°
Thu
sunny.png
102°
59°

Dam, I better check the Mancave cooler for Libations stock, crossovers will be in today and im looking at some serious "Cavetime" in the next five days.

Max temp in the cave is 88 on a 106 day, however I will be running the tube amps, and 88 will not last long.

We only get 3 to 15 days a year at this temp.

Edited by minermark
  • Like 1

Good Morning here!

Going to pack now for the Maggie Valley trip!

Leaving AM and will be chauffered!

See if I can get some back seat time w/ my sweet coffee :emotion-44:

BTW, saw some elk last time and maybe a bear this time. We shall see!

Have not decided on the Freedom Train run yet. No beer on train on 4th may be the deciding factor,lol!

• Like 3

I'm back! Was locked out of my old gmail account which stored my forum verification code. Had to set up another account until Amy can get my old code to me. Still cannot access my gmail so I set up a Yahoo email account. Google support is a joke btw. Can't speak to a live person.

What a few days!!!! Jake is having his procedure today....he won't be happy with me tonight! Upon arrival a lady with two out of control Pitt Bulls let one of them go and he heads menacing to the largest dog....Jake. He was charging and I gave him a round house kick even though I was in flip flops. I got Jake back into the car until things settled down a bit.

BBX is in the house and sounds great.

Thanks for the concern during my being AWOL....

Cheers :emotion-44:Gents

• Like 3

I'm back! Was locked out of my old gmail account which stored my forum verification code. Had to set up another account until Amy can get my old code to me. Still cannot access my gmail so I set up a Yahoo email account. Google support is a joke btw. Can't speak to a live person.

What a few days!!!! Jake is having his procedure today....he won't be happy with me tonight! Upon arrival a lady with two out of control Pitt Bulls let one of them go and he heads menacing to the largest dog....Jake. He was charging and I gave him a round house kick even though I was in flip flops. I got Jake back into the car until things settled down a bit.

WAY TO GO TARHEEL, take zero chit from any attacking animal, lesson learned form dealing with an exwife.

• Like 2

WAY TO GO TARHEEL, take zero chit from any attacking animal, lesson learned form dealing with an exwife.

What a pain... I hope you get it all worked out...

• Like 1

Beautiful day in Upstate NY...74 and sunny.

House is almost finished. If the painters would just show up for 6 hours I could get their damn ladders, old paint cans, tarps...out of my house/yard!

Tonight I will come home and fire up the LS's and relax. Yesterday, my wife said, "We have all these speakers in every room of the house and you sit in the garage or outside listening to those boxes! What is wrong with you?" So I came in, fired up the HT stuff at 12 o'clock and sat there for 15 minutes. She came down stairs with lemonade and said, "Let's go sit outside."

Who says lawyers can't win without arguing? :P

• Like 3