Cables, Coffee, Cycles, and Cocktails

Tarheel

• Moderators

We have a few peppers growing but not to eat, use them as annuals for color on the porch in pots. They are colorful and the peppers at the end of the year can be left in the pot to sprout again in the spring. After a few years we replace them because they revert back to whatever they were crossed with and loose most of the different colors.

• Like 2

When we head out west on 80 toward frisco, there is a fruit stand, Building really, that has hot sauce from hell in the bottle, scovel units I think is the terminology ?

These guys have, I think one of the largest collections of this stuff, as I recall they get world wide, if anyone is interested in a bottle of something, PM me the scovel units you wish to have (and your price limit for said item) and ill see what I can do next road trip to the west.

This is the stuff the wife and I get, Blairs also has a web site, not just hot but has some dam fine flavor.

http://blairshotsauce.com/

Edited by minermark

• Moderators

I think there edible, I need to check, one has no heat for people who have kids which is silly the kids shouldn't eat the plants anyway. I only tried one of the others and it was to hot for me. The second gallon of tabasco chipotle only has a couple of ounces left, but I use more sriracha than anything else.

I like hot but some of those sauces would be way to hot for me, I like the milder sauces with a lot of flavor and just use more of it.

You know (I'm sure you do) dtel, Tabasco peppers make a great ornamental. Edible too.

Last summer I had some jalapeno's and cayenne peppers, I stuffed some (pork sausage) wrapped with bacon and smoked them, not going to lie they were hot, had to cut them in pieces to be able to handle it.

• Like 2

Question, How does everyone make their coffee? I make mine per the instruction 2 tbsp. per 6 oz cup, which to a lot of folks its a lot. Makes a good strong bold cup of coffee. Most people I know can't handle that other than my mom.

• Like 3

Mornin Comrades

Coffee is in the works, The Duggans will be a pourin.

Midtown run for a haircut yesterday, found my Barber on day four recovery of salmonella, taking a dare to eat raw chicken livers wile drunk.

Dam youngins anyway.

Temp crossover(s) slated for wire up today.

With the Mr. Coffee I fill the carafe halfway between four and six cups with filtered water from the refrigerator. I use three small scoops and the yield is about 2 1/3 cups. Grinding Trader Joe's beans. Use a little coconut milk to lighten a bit.

Mark your barber sound like quite a character. I'm going the caveman route with beard and longish hair.

Thanks to Ben for emailing administrators to help me get back on the forum yesterday. I really need to get a phone number of someone here in case that happens again. I contacted Ben through FB.

Cheers :emotion-44: Gents

• Like 1

• Moderators
Midtown run for a haircut yesterday, found my Barber on day four recovery of salmonella, taking a dare to eat raw chicken livers wile drunk.

I feel sick just thinking about that, wouldn't eat them cooked even if I were drunk much less raw. :emotion-41:

• Like 1

• Moderators

Question, How does everyone make their coffee? I make mine per the instruction 2 tbsp. per 6 oz cup, which to a lot of folks its a lot. Makes a good strong bold cup of coffee. Most people I know can't handle that other than my mom.

It was my grandfathers coffee pot, looks just like the pic but missing the top and not as shiny. It says 9 cups on the side, I put 8 overflowing teaspoons of coffee in it with no filter. To me it makes the best coffee of anything I tried, just don't use the last little bit in the pot or it will be a little crunchy without a filter. :o I have no idea how old it is, it says drip-O-lator on the bottom.

post-9700-0-45820000-1403894166_thumb.jp

• Like 1

For all you retirees keeping track..... its Saturday.

Anything exciting planned for the weekend?

May crank up the hi fi today and put the new BBX mods to the test.

Just poured the second cup and Jake is eating a cookie. He is feeling better today :)

Cheers :emotion-44: Gents

• Like 3

Thanx Tarheel, Normaly it takes at least the first Cup-o-Joe before I even care what day it is.

Packin & Shippin Ebay then crossover time, will attack the rough wire in before it starts heating up around here.

This year im thinking of mounting some kind of small fan on the overhead blowing on the Amp(s).

• Like 3

Nice Earl! Looks like a nice day there. Getting ready for a down pour here.

Good luck with the projects Mark. Good idea about the fan :emotion-21: find a quiet one.

Going to make a blueberry cheese cake in a few.....for lady friends 98year old mom who moved here yesterday.

Gonna be wild and crazy and have a third cup. Later may go to this dive bar down by the ports and have one of the best burgers in town and chase it all down with a cold :emotion-22:

• Like 4

Nice Earl! Looks like a nice day there. Getting ready for a down pour here.

Good luck with the projects Mark. Good idea about the fan :emotion-21: find a quiet one.

Going to make a blueberry cheese cake in a few.....for lady friends 98year old mom who moved here yesterday.

Gonna be wild and crazy and have a third cup. Later may go to this dive bar down by the ports and have one of the best burgers in town and chase it all down with a cold :emotion-22:

Outta "likes" yet again :angry::emotion-21::emotion-21:

• Like 2

I'm with Tarheel, going for three cups today. Started my first, sitting here typing and listening to 311 on some cheap headphones. As the kids take over the sound system for minecraft. Plans for today are to go to a gun show with my dad and uncle. Then a bday party for one wild 2 year old.

• Like 4