Cables, Coffee, Cycles, and Cocktails

Tarheel

Have always wanted to explore the outer banks of north Carolina & the Georgia coast...

My late wife's family had an old ocean front cottage at Kill Devil Hills with in view of the Wright Brothers memorial. Very relaxing place. Use to go there at least twice a year. Always tried to go on the anniversary week (Sept 27th).

Parked at the cottage and didn't get back into the car except to make runs to the ABC store, the grocery store, or out to dinner. Occasionally we would drive to the Oregon Inlet to watch the fishing boats come in with the days catch. Other times we would get some fish heads and go crabbing. Miss those times.

• Like 3

I missed all the pepper talk a few pages back.

Last year I had a Ghost pepper plant, started from seed. After it got several leaves on it I gave it a regular diet of Epsom salt water while occasionally sprinkling match heads on the soil. The plant went crazy yielding almost a baggie of peppers a week in the middle of the summer. I couldn't eat them all and gave most away. I gave a co-worker 30 or 40 of them to put in his dehydrator. He kept half and gave me half. He said he couldn't go in has garage during the drying process as it seemed that if was fogged with tear gas. This year I'm in the process of trying to grow a Trinidad Scorpion. We'll see how it goes.

There is nothing like sitting naked in a bean bag chair eating Cheetos.....

Hope they will let me back in Wallmart :mellow:

Man, there is an image I could have lived without!

That's not what you said Friday night when we were in your man cave and you had chugged a few cold ones and downed a couple of shots!

• Like 1

• Moderators
Why do folks consume so much milk and bread during a storm? Is it something similar to garlic and vampires?

Good question, always thought it was Cheetos ? Maby just a tradition, wouldn't buy anything that needs refrigeration, found that out after wheeling a wheelbarrow inside to empty a frig and freezer a few day after a storm, a clothes pin for the nose would have been handy.

• Like 1

• Moderators

I missed all the pepper talk a few pages back.

Last year I had a Ghost pepper plant, started from seed. After it got several leaves on it I gave it a regular diet of Epsom salt water while occasionally sprinkling match heads on the soil. The plant went crazy yielding almost a baggie of peppers a week in the middle of the summer. I couldn't eat them all and gave most away. I gave a co-worker 30 or 40 of them to put in his dehydrator. He kept half and gave me half. He said he couldn't go in has garage during the drying process as it seemed that if was fogged with tear gas. This year I'm in the process of trying to grow a Trinidad Scorpion. We'll see how it goes.

I doubt I could handle a ghost pepper or anything hotter than a normal hot pepper.

If anyone here would like some seeds from some ornamental pepper to start like an annual for color were getting a bunch of peppers now that the heat is here.

I will get some pics so you can see what they look like. It's usually what I do in the spring from last years peppers, we started with new plants this year so they will be fine for a couple/few years.

• Like 1

I doubt I could handle a ghost pepper or anything hotter than a normal hot pepper.

I took a small food processor and filled it about 2/3 full of ghost peppers. The remaining third was filled with oregano and (mostly) garlic. I processed 4 batches like that and put them in a re-sealable bowl. To the mixture I added olive oil and salt. It was great on pizza but you couldn't use much. I think I gave JLSargent some when he came to visit. I warned him about it but I think it still got him. My wife and daughter couldn't stand to be in the kitchen while I was making it, and I was coughing pretty good.

• Like 1

• Moderators

With Oregano and Garlic, Olive oil and salt (can't have to much garlic), that does sound good but I would have to try it in very small amounts, probably still be rough.

• Moderators

I don't know any more than the names, you would have to check them out. I have grown them from seeds before, usually during winter I break off the peppers and leave them in the pots throwing away the dried sticks and leaves. Breaking up the peppers in the spring and mixing them in the dirt I usuialy end up with more than I could use.

This is new plants this year so they are true to the names.

#1 is Chilly chili

#2 is Calico

#3 is Basket of Fire

#4 is Black Pearl........we think, it did not have a label when we got it but looks like the description if the leaves get darker ?

#5 is Super Chili

Anyone want seeds ?

post-9700-0-53700000-1404327530_thumb.jp

post-9700-0-74100000-1404327560_thumb.jp

post-9700-0-81700000-1404327592_thumb.jp

post-9700-0-31100000-1404327624_thumb.jp

post-9700-0-00200000-1404327652_thumb.jp

Edited by dtel
  • Like 2

There is nothing like sitting naked in a bean bag chair eating Cheetos.....

Hope they will let me back in Wallmart :mellow:

Man, there is an image I could have lived without!

That's not what you said Friday night when we were in your man cave and you had chugged a few cold ones and downed a couple of shots!

Ya, but that was because your "friend" Buba was in a foul mood, and is much bigger than I am.

Edited by eth2