Cables, Coffee, Cycles, and Cocktails

Tarheel

4th is great for some people, but not for one of my German Shepherds. While he was a champion, trained dog when we lived in Germany, he has become deathly afraid of thunder (and fire works). He was desperately trying to get under our feet or on our laps last night when the fireworks were booming. A 90 pound shepherd is not a lap dog!

• Like 3

Good news that NO Hurricane related deaths in the Carolinas.

It's VERY unusually cool for early July in Mississippi; Love the Cool weather. Letting everyone sleep in...

Hamburgers & Sausage later on the grill.

Happy INDEPENDENCE Day, everyone!!!

• Like 5

Yes Happy 4th to all, brisket, and pork butts on the smoker.

Happy 4'th to all. An extra happy 4'th to my son-inlaw who's active Marines. Thank you and your comrades for your service to our country.

We here as well have an active Marine, my uncle who will be retiring this year. He is in town and we get to enjoy his presence this year. I to would like to thank all military for the things that they do.

• Like 1

• Moderators
Author is gone from my area.

Glad to see that, it's around NJ right now, it was just was a little reminder it's summertime.

Everyone have a good 4'th, and Thanks to all Military, past and present, wouldn't want to think where we would be without them.

No cooking for me today going our nieces house for a change, first time we haven't been home on a holiday that I can remember.

Edited by dtel
  • Like 1

Arthur left and apparently took my lady friend with him. July 4th and one day after our 15 month anniversary she decides her feelings for me have changed. So its just the two old men now.....me and Jake. Its not a good feeling but I'll survive.

Reminds me of a quote in my high school year book by the Sanskrit:

People change time moves on

Each midnight gives itself to dawn

When you left I didn't think it strange

For after all people change.......

Cheers :emotion-44: Gents

Arthur left and apparently took my lady friend with him. July 4th and one day after our 15 month anniversary she decides her feelings for me have changed. So its just the two old men now.....me and Jake. Its not a good feeling but I'll survive.

Bummer dude, this seems to be the theme for the last couple of months. I have 2 sets of friends split, and 2 sets of friends get divorces. I wish I had the right words to help you all out, but I haven't been there and hope it never happens. All I could say is keep your head up and look for the joy in everything else lift presents.

• Like 1

• Moderators
I'll survive.

Really sorry to hear this, but your right you know you will be fine, you have surely been through much worse.

There is a reason for everything, even when it makes no sense to us at the time.

It will be OK.

• Like 2

Just rolled in, back for reno, delivered my Klipsch Sub to another Klipsch fan, told him about the forum and we may see him checking in from reno sometime soon.

Great trip for a good change, we left Nevada with twice the money we went with, wife won it all, good thing.

• Like 3

Sorry. It sucks, you are right.

Hang in.

Earl

• Like 3

Thanks Earl. I sit here still licking my wounds but having survived the death of my wife in 2010 I'll make it through this in time.

Got an encouraging PM from Steve last night and read it after leaving a music venue down town. Brought a tear to my eye. Thanks Steve!

Jake picked up on my mood and has been coming over to me putting his chin on my leg. A great friend. So diversion and time is the prescription.

Life goes on.......

• Like 2

Mornin Gang:

Looks to be yet another 100+ day, it is said 106+ Monday, we should have stayed in Reno, 80 there.

Oregon is looking pretty dam good with this kind heat.

This week will be looking into the wife's Retirement package, we have got to do something, @31 years its her time.

Hope everyone is having a safe holiday.

• Like 3

Jake picked up on my mood and has been coming over to me putting his chin on my leg. A great friend

Dogs are good THERAPY ANIMALS. Know when you're down. Capable of unconditional love. And can detect heath issues in their owners, often before the owner does.

In my youth my sister had a poster that said something like

Happiness is like a butterfly,

The more you chase it, the more it flies away.

If you sit down and relax

It may land on your shoulder.

• Like 2

Thanks Taz. Not alone this time....I have Jake and just met with a previous girl friend for awhile.

Reminds me of a John Prine song.

"If you don't want my love

and if you don't want my love

I know who

I'll give it to.

And if you don't want the thrill

and if you dont' want the thrill

I know who will

I know who will........

• Like 2