Cables, Coffee, Cycles, and Cocktails

Tarheel

• Moderators

I wouldn't put in in less it was for you to stay, don't get any ideas.

What about a cheap $300-$400, 15' 18' wide to see if you like it, there are some that are simple to put up in minutes and easy to run for a test drive ?

Myself for just a couple few people(not kids) I would rather big hot tub, not heated in the summer, you can sit or lay and easier to keep up, unless it's really big you don't swim in a pool anyway. But if there are kids they would want the room to play.

Anybody have any ideas or thoughts on pools, above or in ground.

We had one put in when our kids were little and got a lot of use out of it. I like it in the summer for a quick cool off after mowing or working outside. They're a lot of work and require constant upkeep. The pool pump will raise your electric bill and everything else requires periodic tinkering.

• Like 1

Humid with chance of rain this afternoon. Outdoor concert in question. Woke with Dylan's "Girl From The Red River Shore" running through my head.

Jake went to chiropractor and worked over. Walked him already this morning.

Getting a little bored with retirement now that lady friend is gone :(

First two cups are history.....maybe a second brew.y

What's our bud Boxx up to with all the equipment sales?

Cheers :emotion-44: Gents

Just reread Boxx's thread, he's upgrading, just as we all do after awile. I more surprised Eht2 has NOT chimed in on those Jubs, has got to be the ONLY Klipsch he does not own, a little road trip could be in order for Eht2 ?

Not sure who this"eht2" is...sounds like an imposter for eth2

• Like 2

Humid with chance of rain this afternoon. Outdoor concert in question. Woke with Dylan's "Girl From The Red River Shore" running through my head.

Jake went to chiropractor and worked over. Walked him already this morning.

Getting a little bored with retirement now that lady friend is gone :(

First two cups are history.....maybe a second brew.y

What's our bud Boxx up to with all the equipment sales?

Cheers :emotion-44: Gents

Just reread Boxx's thread, he's upgrading, just as we all do after awile. I more surprised Eht2 has NOT chimed in on those Jubs, has got to be the ONLY Klipsch he does not own, a little road trip could be in order for Eht2 ?

Not sure who this"eht2" is...sounds like an imposter for eth2

That's because I kicked up the Duggans just a notch, happens mostly during high humidity days.

• Like 2

I was told by a realtor here in SoCal that pools don't raise the value of the house enough to pay for itself. I think you can spend $50K easily for a built-in pool. I'd imagine taking an above ground pool and partially burying it would be cheaper. But, i say one must consider the enjoyment factor (i'm all about having fun). Personally, the Pacific Ocean is my pool...if i ever wanted to go swimming -- love the water; but, not a fan of swimming.

Dough boy pools claim that their above ground pools could be installed in ground. But at that I would just have a in ground pool installed. I wish the Pacific was in my back yard.

pool54.jpg

Edited by duder1982

I know this, based upon experience, that everyone is excited about a new pool and they say they will help keep it up, but in the end..... YOU ARE THE GUARDIAN OF THE POOL and all that goes with that.... LOL....

I wouldn't put in in less it was for you to stay, don't get any ideas.

What about a cheap $300-$400, 15' 18' wide to see if you like it, there are some that are simple to put up in minutes and easy to run for a test drive ?

Myself for just a couple few people(not kids) I would rather big hot tub, not heated in the summer, you can sit or lay and easier to keep up, unless it's really big you don't swim in a pool anyway. But if there are kids they would want the room to play.

We plan to stay at least until the kids are out of school if not until retirement. We did one of the cheap ones, but even with the slope of my yard I would still have to dig it out for it to sit level. I might as well put at least an 18' 48" deep one in. As for hot tubs I might still have one of those down the road, or an outdoor pool table for the same price.

We had one put in when our kids were little and got a lot of use out of it. I like it in the summer for a quick cool off after mowing or working outside. They're a lot of work and require constant upkeep. The pool pump will raise your electric bill and everything else requires periodic tinkering.

I know this, based upon experience, that everyone is excited about a new pool and they say they will help keep it up, but in the end..... YOU ARE THE GUARDIAN OF THE POOL and all that goes with that.... LOL....

My mom had a 28' pool, I helped her take care of it. When I stayed with my folks when my house was being built I was the only one who took care of it. I actually enjoyed it, along with mowing the yard. Yes taking a dip when ever you want is a big benefit. I hate having to be a member of local pool, where I pay a lot to barely use it as its not convenient. I guess my biggest concern is the whole flow of the back yard with the pool, I don't want it interfere with my bbq set up and out door bar.

Has anyone ever compared the price and pros and cons of a above vs the in ground. I would really love in ground but like big stew said they can be costly.

I would build a deck with a side table to hold my drink while I set in the pool all day. I would say I would be happy with a 18' round 54" deep pool.

Edited by duder1982
  • Like 1

• Moderators

Think I might order an 18 year old from Russia. Have been told she will have super model good looks and love to cook and clean.

Sounds good to me.

Might be expensive, if it were cheap everyone would have one. :o I would rather have 2 36 year olds :D , is that how it works ?

Edited by dtel
  • Like 1

• Moderators
I would build a deck with a side table to hold my drink while I set in the pool all day. I would say I would be happy with a 18' round 54" deep pool.

Put the above ground pool in ground a little above the yard height and with the dirt dug out make it slope down around the pool to whatever level it is on the other end of the pool. Put a short deck where the pool meets the high part of the yard and the pool pump on the low end.

Much cheaper and no in ground pool cost and just fill the hole to grade if you remove the pool later. Not as nice as in ground but much cheaper and from my experience just ignore what every family member says now and remember what Boxx says............

?

YOU ARE THE GUARDIAN OF THE POOL and all that goes with that.... LOL....
  • Like 1

Put the above ground pool in ground a little above the yard height and with the dirt dug out make it slope down around the pool to whatever level it is on the other end of the pool. Put a short deck where the pool meets the high part of the yard and the pool pump on the low end.

Much cheaper and no in ground pool cost and just fill the hole to grade if you remove the pool later. Not as nice as in ground but much cheaper and from my experience just ignore what every family member says now and remember what Boxx says............

?

YOU ARE THE GUARDIAN OF THE POOL and all that goes with that.... LOL....

Then again Boxx's Jubs cost as much as the pool, I just don't know how I can convince my wife and kids how Jubs are just as COOL as a Pool.

• Like 1

Then again Boxx's Jubs cost as much as the pool, I just don't know how I can convince my wife and kids how Jubs are just as COOL as a Pool.

The Jubs can be used year round while the pool can't? B)

• Like 1