Cables, Coffee, Cycles, and Cocktails

Tarheel

• Moderators
Anyone want seeds ?
\

Basket of fire looks cool, I'll take some.

Sure you can't eat them?

I'll PM you my address. Thanks E.

Carl

I went reading they are all edible, The first one Chilly chili is not hot at all but you can eat it.

The rest are hot to me, I was reading about Calico and it said it is not as strong as most table peppers. So like a dumbass I went on the porch to try one, I bit off the tip., no flavor so I started chewing up the rest of the pepper and I quickly spit it out it was burning, and still is.

Basket of fire heat scale is 80000 scovilles

Carl I got the Pm, do you want all or that one ?

Duder and Oldtimer PM me a mailing address

if anyone else wants any Pm me a mailing address, the worst that happens is I have to let the peppers catch up, but there is a lot now.

Edited by dtel
  • Like 1

French press.

I never thought much of the lowly contraption until we lost power and had to give this cave man technology a try.

I haven't used the Keurig since.

French press makes the smoothest and strongest coffee that I've ever enjoyed.

Nothing fancy or European, it's a $20 Mr Coffee brand.

Amazing. Give it a try people!

As for cillis:

The Thai prik kee noo pepper is fantastic. Not a super hot, very flavorful indeed.

Edited by MAZ
  • Like 2

My brother had some gentlemen working for him of Hispanic descent. I heard they would rip a bag of chips open from top to bottom, Dowse the chips with hot sauce and scarf them down.

Don asked it they liked it hot, to which they replied "the hotter the better."

Don got some of the really hot stuff that said something like season pot with one drop at a time.

Now being the way he can be, he bought a large bag of chips, opened it and applied liberal dose of hot sauce.

Of the 3 gentleman, one was eating them up, one quit after the first bite, and the third was throwing up.

Deem's some HOT Peppers

• Like 1

• Moderators
Trinidad Scorpion

Which one, there appears to be 2 different ones.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Trinidad_Moruga_Scorpion

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Trinidad_Scorpion_Butch_T_pepper

I was just reading about the Carolina Reeper, just the name says stay away.

No way I could eat any of those three, I like hot but that's a few levels beyond hot.

• Like 2

Mornin Gang

In the recovery mode from two day party.

There is just nothing like partying on a farm, flyin the new duster in the morning, drinkin for lunch, shooting in the afternoon, band shows up @5pm and does not shut down till 3am. dam.

I knew id be spending the night, did not matter to me where I crashed, just did not figure on waking up in the field.

Edited by minermark
  • Like 5

You are a wild and crazy guy Mark but party on :)

Early bands of wind and rain as Author heads this way. May be a category 1 but not worrying about it. Been through many including Hazel when I was very young. Living here in hurricane alley you get use to it. Yard clean up and loss of power (AC) is a real pain. A large pine falling totaled the Jeep Wagoneer years ago.

Cheers :emotion-44: Gents

• Like 3

Next time we have a Hurricane bearing down on us, we are heading north, or west, or north by northwest...

Power goes off, so no Weather Channel, or AC.

You are a wild and crazy guy Mark but party on :)

Early bands of wind and rain as Author heads this way. May be a category 1 but not worrying about it. Been through many including Hazel when I was very young. Living here in hurricane alley you get use to it. Yard clean up and loss of power (AC) is a real pain. A large pine falling totaled the Jeep Wagoneer years ago.

Cheers :emotion-44: Gents

• Like 2

Mornin Gang

There is just nothing like partying on a farm, flyin the new duster in the morning, drinkin for lunch, shooting in the afternoon, band shows up @5pm and does not shut down till 3am. dam.

I knew id be spending the night, did not matter to me where I crashed, just did not figure on waking up in the field.

Reminds me of a time I was heading to St. Louis for a Metallica concert. We took a pit stop in some small town in KC for a bday party. Needless to say I woke up next to a car with my shirt off and pants down,(which wasn't the last time this happened, but thats a whole other story). Turns out I passed out in field, my buddies got me back to the car where I had thrown up all over myself. They removed my shirt, and unbuttoned my pants so if I was to try and wonder off in the middle of the night. My pants would fall down and I would trip over them keeping me from wondering off. Thats exactly what happened. I got out of the car at some point, my pants fell, I tripped and it was lights out. Man I had a head ache in the morning.

• Like 3

Mornin Gang

Reminds me of a time I was heading to St. Louis for a Metallica concert. We took a pit stop in some small town in KC for a bday party. Needless to say I woke up next to a car with my shirt off and pants down,(which wasn't the last time this happened, but thats a whole other story). Turns out I passed out in field, my buddies got me back to the car where I had thrown up all over myself. They removed my shirt, and unbuttoned my pants so if I was to try and wonder off in the middle of the night. My pants would fall down and I would trip over them keeping me from wondering off. Thats exactly what happened. I got out of the car at some point, my pants fell, I tripped and it was lights out. Man I had a head ache in the morning.

Your story reminds me of my navy days.

for the last 23 years iv lived in Norcal, I ONLY Party heavy on the farm(s), and plan a two day-er every time.

Works out great, between all the farm folk around, and the farm workers, and their kids, the only trouble you really get into is when they set you up, like waking up in a grain silo with there pet Pig they had drugged, so I wake up, look around, WTF? ok, i know where im at, wonder what is up with the pig?

So I climb out head for the farm house and everyone that see's me is looking at me really strange.

Getting in house, I hear someone say, hey there's mark now, hey mark, last we saw you, you were wandering off with Arnold. oh chit.

Then it came to me, the last thing I remember was playing cards and doing shots in the tool house right next to the silos.

I still hear the pig joke now and again, even at 15 years out........and no nothing happened with Arnold.

Edited by minermark
  • Like 4

• Moderators

Great stories, but to be honest doing things like that now would almost kill me, it would take me days to recover or a week.

Being older has taught me to pace myself, whenever possible which is most of the time, with only the rare why did I do that feeling.

• Like 4

• Moderators
There is just nothing like partying on a farm, flyin the new duster in the morning

That looks like great fun, but that ICON is unbelievable, I had been trying to figure out what it was at first thinking is was a trike, but NO much much better.

• Like 1

• Moderators

That is a statistical fact. Of course you don't tell them that.

It does not matter if she knows, I'm sure she does after 34 years it's included in the training I guess.

• Like 2