Cables, Coffee, Cycles, and Cocktails

Tarheel

• Moderators
5.If your lawn is green, they will cite you for "Overwatering", if your lawn is brown, you are cited by the city as undesirable appearance.

Kind of hard to win, I guess your expected to keep your dried up lawn cut short ?

I lived in Santa Barbara during the early '90s. Water restrictions were so tight that companies painted dead lawns green...

Surprised no one came up artificial grass that looks real and not a crazy price.

• Like 1

• Moderators

Just woke up, Retirement nap, Currently at 107 and climbing, im in the cave and just munched a Hagen Daz bar in two and half min.

Met at the door by "Cirus" our cat, beggin to come in. :mellow2:

Got an idea, get an decent size ice maker and throw ice in the pool to keep it the water cool.

I was going to say catch rain water to freeze for the pool but you need rain for that. :wacko:

5.If your lawn is green, they will cite you for "Overwatering", if your lawn is brown, you are cited by the city as undesirable appearance.

Kind of hard to win, I guess your expected to keep your dried up lawn cut short ?

I lived in Santa Barbara during the early '90s. Water restrictions were so tight that companies painted dead lawns green...

Surprised no one came up artificial grass that looks real and not a crazy price.

They banned that too, astro turf is shuned in Calif due in part to run off chemicals. and of course, that means no paint.

• Like 1

• Moderators

We see some of it here, you can't buy anything without a label that says "some things contained in this has been proven to cause cancer in the state of California", good thing I'm not there I wouldn't want cancer. :blink:

• Like 1

4:30 am, 79 in the Cave, our BS weather people even lie to you live! weather idiot states it only 100, yesterday at 4pm, I walk outside, three temps, one calibrated, it's 106.

Being 17 miles north/east of sac town, I don't believe the dirt bag.

First time this year I sat down w/TV and ya know, it sucks.

Last months power bill was $235, cant wait to see this next one.

Excuse me wile I sneak out in the darkness to water my brown spots.

• Like 1

Have a portable AC in my den; the bill is high as the cats back.

Got down to 68 F. this morning in my Den.

Usually, by late May, I have to move my sofa 10 feet forward to be right next to that unit; re-run Audyssey, et Cetera. Then, even with running the portable 24/7, only gets down to mid to high 70's.

Today, supposed to get up to 95 F.; Heat Index about 104 F. But, so far, has been a relatively cool summer...July, August & September will prolly make up for this abnomoly...lots of Gulf rain storms have kept temps down...but, the St. Augustine Grass needs to be cut every 5 days...I make it wait at least 7...

• Like 1

There is nothing like sitting naked in a bean bag chair eating Cheetos.....

Hope they will let me back in Wallmart :mellow:

Are you lonely?

Yeah

Have you spent half your life in bars, pursuing sins of the flesh?

Yeah

Are you sitting on a bean bag chair, naked, eating Cheetos?

Yes, sir...

Do you feel like sending me a check for a Thousand Dollars?

CLOSE!...

Thought he was talking about me, there for a second; I must not be the only guy who digs Cheetos.

• Like 2

There is nothing like sitting naked in a bean bag chair eating Cheetos.....

Hope they will let me back in Wallmart :mellow:

We shop @ wally world for the staples only, meat/veggies elsewhere.

Last time there, saw a rather large person doing somewhat the same at wally world, but they were fully clothed.

He had two six packs and one was already empty. shopping cart full sitting next to him wile momma ran around the store bringing single items back to the cart. :blink:

He was still there when we were done shopping.

• Like 2

Storm coming.....will the levees hold. Wait....we don't have levees. I guess I need to wax up the surf board.....that's right I don't surf any longer. Well there must be something I need to do. Maybe have another cup of joe.

A question for you brainiacs out there. Why do folks consume so much milk and bread during a storm? Is it something similar to garlic and vampires?

Cheers :emotion-44:Gents

• Like 2