If you had a CHOICE ?

I had a lot of problems off and on with HDtracks' site. At least once they missed my email and never answered. I emailed them again and they gave me a new discount code which didn't work either. Finally, they had me just place my order, send them an email about it again, and they refunded the correct amount to me.

I think they are having growing pains and even their new website is a little tough to use. Their search engine is pretty lousy and hi resolution krap is still krap. Releasing it in hires isn't going to solve anything.

Overall, I have been happy and will continue to do business with them.

Surely you can find room for this little setup Joe. Headphones cant be good for your ears all the time. I have this hooked to a TV in my bar and it has $400-500 dollar sound just for a mere $100 bucks.

I have bookshelf speakers set up, problem with all mini systems is simple, when I hear a song that just must be turned up beyond 85db or so a mini speaker will distort (at least all I have heard / owned) now with headphones I am forced to keep the volume at a reasonable level,

I also have a hearing problem in my left ear, If I hear a certain freq a little to loud my ear sort of breaks up like a speaker with a bad cone IE... bad static. With headphones believe it or not this is less a problem

now in a large room with speakers set up, I still get the left ear thing happening but not at the same db / loudness. IE... I am fine at 85 to 90 db much above that and it starts to break up

I understand, but if you haven't heard these little setups, they will pump out 106db. They really are impressive when you count the sub in. I get the ear thing as well. I have ruptured both eardrums so far in life and now everything sounds like crap unless a horn is involved.

For a time I was buying so much music so fast that I didn't have time to listen to it all. I had to keep a list of what was on order and what I had received to be sure it all got here. It was like my birthday when I'd find something that I had forgotten about and never got out of the shrink wrap or ripped to FLAC but forgot to ever play.

The streaming services are nice to find out if I like something but I like to have that CD or vinyl in my possession. I have spent a ton at HDTracks but these days I like to check out the DR database first. Some of the HDtrack versions have less dynamic range than some other releases. Most of the time I have been extremely pleased with the HDtrack versions.

Muel

What is the DR Database. I looked at it but not sure what it is telling me

I had a lot of problems off and on with HDtracks' site. At least once they missed my email and never answered. I emailed them again and they gave me a new discount code which didn't work either. Finally, they had me just place my order, send them an email about it again, and they refunded the correct amount to me.

I think they are having growing pains and even their new website is a little tough to use. Their search engine is pretty lousy and hi resolution krap is still krap. Releasing it in hires isn't going to solve anything.

Overall, I have been happy and will continue to do business with them.

I was wondering if it was my Pc or there site, SSSLLLLLOOOOOWWWWWWW is being nice :D I dont have much interest in downloading much of the classic rock etc...I feel like if I listen to it on my setup and it sounds good why replace it just because they call it higher res. It all comes down to the master file they use (a little tidbit they fail to mention, not all hi res is hi res, a higher bit rate only makes crap sound worse) I am actually partial to owning the cd but i guess i could always burn a backup :mellow:

An hour or two on a very good set of headphones can make going back to conventional 2-channel listening almost painful, and it doesn't matter how good the system is. The more you listen that way, the harder it is to go back. What once seemed transparent and oh so wonderful, now sounds cluttered, congested and dirty. I have to put the headphones away for a couple of days before the main system starts impressing me again.

Beyerdynamic t5p

• Like 1

I can just say if you feel the need to upgrade or try new gear it wont go away. I would have to keep trying new gear until i was content..

Beek my man, Who ever said you WILL BE content :lol:

Previous experience tells me this is the impossible dream :emotion-45:

I know im just trying so hard to be lol :unsure: it should pay off eventually lol :o:)

• Like 1

For a time I was buying so much music so fast that I didn't have time to listen to it all. I had to keep a list of what was on order and what I had received to be sure it all got here. It was like my birthday when I'd find something that I had forgotten about and never got out of the shrink wrap or ripped to FLAC but forgot to ever play.

The streaming services are nice to find out if I like something but I like to have that CD or vinyl in my possession. I have spent a ton at HDTracks but these days I like to check out the DR database first. Some of the HDtrack versions have less dynamic range than some other releases. Most of the time I have been extremely pleased with the HDtrack versions.

Muel

It shows you the dynamic range of a given track and then the cumulative album. Green = good, Red = bad. Helpful for when you're a ) trying to find new music with great dynamic range or b ) wondering why your album sounds awful

• Like 2

An hour or two on a very good set of headphones can make going back to conventional 2-channel listening almost painful, and it doesn't matter how good the system is. The more you listen that way, the harder it is to go back. What once seemed transparent and oh so wonderful, now sounds cluttered, congested and dirty. I have to put the headphones away for a couple of days before the main system starts impressing me again.

Beyerdynamic t5p

Your Beyerdynamic t5p's are even worse than what i have to go through. I cant imagine. Seriously why do you do it to yourself...Just put them away or sell them. Get some grados :lol:

• Like 1

I can just say if you feel the need to upgrade or try new gear it wont go away. I would have to keep trying new gear until i was content..

This hobby is all about not being content ! :)

• Like 2

This hobby is all about not being content ! :)

Ah, no truer words have been spoken..... :)

• Like 1

Muel

It shows you the dynamic range of a given track and then the cumulative album. Green = good, Red = bad. Helpful for when you're a ) trying to find new music with great dynamic range or b ) wondering why your album sounds awful

Pretty much covers it... a little Google search for more info: http://www.stereophile.com/content/unofficial-dynamic-range-database and http://www.diyaudio.com/wiki/Loudness_War_Dynamic_Range_Compression_and_The_DR_Database_-_Observations

If you search on an artist or album you will sometimes find there are some "trash" entries that are incomplete or otherwise useless but usually someone comes along and will submit their own data. I have been able to find some great versions at first try this way instead of buying multiple versions of the same album just to find out which one is better.

I have become so involved with equipment that I have lost track of the music. I know this sounds ridiculous, but it is true. I am running all over looking at stuff on CL, or watching EBay, or switching this or that, or agonizing over the ghost hum issue. At some point I have to conclude that good enough, is good enough and start spending time listening to new artists or updating my collection.

Also, I guess it depends on what you currently have. If I had a very modest system, it would make more sense to look for great deals and jump on them. This takes a lot of time though.( If only I could get those damn tube amps working)

That is not ridiculous at all. I was there in '06 when Seti and Kiser pointed it out to me. For some years I had only played "great recordings". I was listening to gear and had lost track of the music.

tc

Ya know...I am actually very content.

Sure I look for deals...even at that i dont have the strong magnetism to buy more as i once had...

On the post earlier about picking audio throughout even the entire(in the states its a bit limited looking to me at the moment) world I have indeed considered it of course..

On another note my stress level with pain threshold keeps me at bay..partially because i have all i want..

I have access to absolutely everything I want...I truly do..with onlt a couple demos on my bucket list...

On the same note I am indeed in a much longer venture to acquire a small likely palladium sized system..

I love all the gear i have and can fill 1000sq ft with what i have from floor to ceiling..

To get new material on the other hand may be a bit of strive for me at the same time...

I am truly still on the move in a sort of way i used to be to get what i have now although to only acquire the finest and nothing less....Mostly of all knowledge which is not found too deep in even a demo..To live beside the gear that you are starving for is what does drive me still i am content with what i have and can sleep only if i have my gear lol

Even though I love my Cornwalls, I'd opt for the speakers, namely Cornscalas. I'm no DIY'er so I'd need to buy .... but reluctant to buy anything I can't audition. An expanded midrange and tighter bass would be great.

Expanded midrange and tighter bass? forte II's.

• Like 1

Beyerdynamic t5p

So true dean. I see a lot of hate for headphones, I understand it. When I first tried mine I was not Impressed. Then I hooked up a headphone amp and that all changed the clarity and amount of detail is unrivaled

I am going to look up the beyer's