Got Lucky

Taz

Have you ever wondered why when you lose something, look everywhere you can think of, give up and go buy a new whatever it was, and just as you pull in the driveway from buying the tool or what not, you remember right where you put it.

Or am I the only one with this problem?

I have been looking for a random orbital sander for a few weeks and had pretty much given up. Almost bought a new one. Last night a random orbital showed up. Looks just like new, same brand, but different style. I expect it's partner to turn up any time now. :wacko:

John

• Like 1

yeah no doubt...every time i look for something basically...

kinda close but gotta tell the story...

I went to work at 530am had just 1 $100 bill in my pocket...anyhow had money in my account and ate lunch with that...all day i searched everywhere, once i got to work that $100 bill was gone...i tore my truck apart tore through my pants etc..you name it...I left at work that night and had to get groceries for the kids and wife....I left work at about 11:15 pm....went to grocery got out went in still all day searching and wondering were that 100 went....I got out to my car about 25ft from it(my truck) with my 2 bags of groceries and there was a 100 dollar bill...no kiddin....

tools is always worse...it takes me days to find what need

• Like 1

Poltergeists. They're facetious nasty spirits that enjoy tormenting the living by making them feel, and look like, complete idiots by scandalously taking - and then returning - items of particular importance. Take solace in knowing that you did not lose anything - it was hidden from you (albeit temporarily) - just to make you look like a total @ss.

Edited by oscarsear

• Moderators

I've been getting more and more forgetful as I get older... it's frightening sometimes.

It definitely gets worse with age, like this thread, I forget what it's about and keep returning because I think Taz really got lucky. :(

• Like 1

I've been getting more and more forgetful as I get older... it's frightening sometimes.

We've simply got more stuff to forget about, as we get older. ;)

Certainly frightening when we forget at times, but also an impressive juggling act when it all clicks into place for smooth sailing.

I think we do get more forgetful when we get older, that's why I have two of everything, I forget where I left it, and buy another.

For me it's caulking guns. When I do a project, I usually forget the caulk gun. No big deal, I have to go to Lowes anyway, just get another. Now I have 17 cheap caulk guns!

• Moderators
I want to know where all the socks go...

Easy fix for this, always buy the exact same sox, no need to even put them together, just throw in one spot, grab two and go, they always match.

I told my wife that and she gave me the look, I told her well keep enjoying matching them up.

• Like 1

I want to know where all the socks go...

Easy fix for this, always buy the exact same sox, no need to even put them together, just throw in one spot, grab two and go, they always match.

I told my wife that and she gave me the look, I told her well keep enjoying matching them up.

I've been doing this for years. No more one of a kind, they all match. My wife used to think I'm nuts, Well maybe she still does but it makes it a lot easier to find a pair.